Champions league Semi Finals 2020-21 - April 27-28 and May 4-5

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Do you know these weapons countries try to develop in the latter stages of a war to help them win when they are in an inferior position? There is normally a lot of hope in them because they are deadly when in tune but most times they are not, so scientists are always working tirelessly to improve their accuracy.

I always thought of Vinicius like that this season :lol:
Schrödinger's Vini

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEA!
I've been tempted to listen to "Blue is the colour'' but in the build up to the 2018 Champions League final, I often listened to "You'll Never Walk Alone'' and Liverpool went on to lose. However, for two games, Chelsea have my full support.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Do you know these weapons countries try to develop in the latter stages of a war to help them win when they are in an inferior position? There is normally a lot of hope in them because they are deadly when in tune but most times they are not, so scientists are always working tirelessly to improve their accuracy.

I always thought of Vinicius like that this season :lol:
I'm sure you're not the first Madrid fan to call Vini Jr a weapon this season :D

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Tonight will be a borefest between two teams that will nullify each other

Hopefully we scrape a win

Last game was seriously worrying for us, we really looked dead on our feet. We'll still be missing Mendy so we'll basically set up mirroring chelsea. Modric has back issues, Kroos just got back to training, carvajal just got back from injury, our only midfield alternatives are Isco and the young Blanco...

Hope for another Vini CL masterclass here :lol:
One hope I have is, Madrid in CL is like Undertaker in WrestleMania. Somehow you guys always win, especially with Zidane in charge.

Can't wait for Hazard masterclass (if he is back fit) and Benzema's :drool:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think Real's experience of this stage will eventually tell over two legs unfortunately but exciting to be back at this stage once again. I do feel we have our best manager from a tactical POV since Hiddink 1.0 so for that reason alone I won't completely rule us out.

Strangely enough I'd be more bullish about our chances in the final if we can get through this, not because we're better than Paris and City but because there's a lot of stress involved in trying to get that elusive first CL and we may have a mental edge for that reason.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think Real's experience of this stage will eventually tell over two legs unfortunately but exciting to be back at this stage once again. I do feel we have our best manager from a tactical POV since Hiddink 1.0 so for that reason alone I won't completely rule us out.

Strangely enough I'd be more bullish about our chances in the final if we can get through this, not because we're better than Paris and City but because there's a lot of stress involved in trying to get that elusive first CL and we may have a mental edge for that reason.
Sorry, didn't PSG get to that elusive final only last year?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I feel a bit dirty accepting support from Barca fans, but welcome aboard mate :D
I'll admit I found Chelsea had to like until Ancelotti became their manager but that's nearly 12 years ago now. I don't see the point in being bitter about things to do with football for over a decade after the fact.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Kovacic is a big miss. Mount aside, no-one else really sets the pace the way Kovacic does. We've regressed to slow passing, slow build-up in his absence. Still, it's a very even tie.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'll admit I found Chelsea had to like until Ancelotti became their manager but that's nearly 12 years ago now. I don't see the point in being bitter about things to do with football for over a decade after the fact.
I'll be bitter about Iniesta 09 until the day I die. It cannot be helped.

What's your take on tonight's game?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Unpopular opinion but I think the decisions that went against us vs Inter weren't that much better if not just as bad.

I think a mix of that we didn't play that well over two legs combined with us not wanting to go too far against Mou at that point led to them flying under the radar but I found it galling when he tried to pass off Inter knocking them out as some sort of justice for us.

hubbuh

All I ask, dearest footballing Gods, is a Madrid - PSG final. After that, I couldn't give a feck.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All I ask, dearest footballing Gods, is a Madrid - PSG final. After that, I couldn't give a feck.
Madrid beating City with a last-second Sergio Ramos header would be so very sweet too but I agree, I don't wanna stress until the final that City might win it.

hubbuh

Madrid beating City with a last-second Sergio Ramos header would be so very sweet too but I agree, I don't wanna stress until the final that City might win it.
That would be bloody fantastic, but yeah I'd be far too miserable in the event City did somehow win it to make the risk worthwhile. The horrifying thing is PSG and Madrid are both very beatable at the moment. City have got one finger on Big Ears and that's unacceptable.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

I think the two sides are evenly matched. I don't see a goal fest. I can see a 1-1 draw which neither side would be unhappy with. As a spectacle I fear a repeat of the Chelsea vs Liverpool semi finals from 2005 and 2007.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good read.

I expect Chelsea to approach the game in the way we approached the City. I'm interested to see how many players commit Real Madrid forward when they're building their attacks, because that could be a way to hurt them.

MUFC OK

PSG
Real
Chelsea
Brown-noser Neville's FC

In that order.
Haha, he's so far up their rectum its un-real. It's like he's constantly trying not to show his utd bais and always takes it too far, does the exact same with liverpool, whilst constantly dragging other clubs names through the dirt.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
14 European cups between the two teams tonight. Humongous night in store.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I just need to check, is this Tuchel's first real test?