Championship 2017-18

drdoityourself

It should be a very interesting season in the Championship. The money is starting to flow in tier 2 as well. Here are some of the storylines for the upcoming season:

Wolves hiring Nuno and sensationally adding Ruben Neves sets up an interesting story. Alvaro Negredo is being linked at the moment.

John Terry at Villa. Villa also spent heavily last January and expect to go up this term.

Harry Redknapp is always interesting. He's at Birmingham and is linked to Ashley Cole.

My second team, Norwich have hired Daniel Farke as manager, should bring fresh ideas after a good spell at Dortmund. Trying to emulate Huddersfield in a way, hiring their director Stuart Webber and appointing a lesser known German manager on a tight budget.

Leonid Slutsky is at Hull.

Can Jaap Stam inspire Reading to another promotion push? I really don't see that happening.

Garry Monk left Leeds and was hired by Middlesbrough. Leeds appointed Thomas Christiansen who I personally have a good feeling about. I base that on very little information.

Sunderland could struggle, low quality squad and no money.

There's plenty of time until the season kicks off, but it's already shaping up to be one of the most interesting seasons in the second tier I can recall.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I hope Boro can come back up and have a better go at the Prem. They were so shite last season.

Good to see Sheffield United back too.

Blind

Interested to see how Wolves and Hull get on in particular, I can see Sunderland getting relegated again.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The Championship is getting more and more interesting. Really don't know who can get promoted this season. Surely, Sheffield, Reading and Fulham are gonna try again, then you have Villa and Norwich who want to have a better chance this year, Wolverhampton who seem to have a lot of money at their disposal and Boro and Hull. I would take a look at Derby with Rowett as well.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Hull are doomed, selling all their best players off left right and centre, latest being Huddlestone for a paltry £2m. An absolute *expletive* of an owner in Allam (Junior - Senior threw his toys out the pram and walked over the whole Hull Tigers debacle) that are taking as much money out the club as possible before washing their hands, and some random foreign manager in charge here to get a better job like the last merc.

As a Hull lad it's sad to see the doom that's coming. League two beckons again.

AlwaysRed66

I think, Middlesborough are the team to beat. Decent manager, good squad, great chairman, & well run club, which should be enough to see them go up.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Sunderland are still on the slide, from what I hear they don't have much of a chance at coming back up and they're still in turmoil.

AlwaysRed66

Sunderland are still on the slide, from what I hear they don't have much of a chance at coming back up and they're still in turmoil.
Sunderland seem to think losing their best players & not spending anything should be enough for their poor squad from last season to gain promotion. Relegation more likely, with or without Moyes.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
So can we expect a Nottingham win today? I'm thinking of a bet on them
I did a small bet on them for evens, more so to give me a reason to watch the game rather than for profit. Watch them get tanked now.

AshRK

Don't want Sunderland coming back again. Boring side with very little ambition. I prefer a side like Bournemouth or Brighton who want to do well and not just survive.

I want to see Nottingham forest get promoted. One of villa or Birmingham could do really well. Won't mind either of them. Fulham, boro and reason are outsiders who can be promoted.

FireballXL5

Blimey...Sunderland scored a goal....from the spot. It was a pretty blatant handball.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm expecting Leeds to gain automatic promotion this season. I'd welcome them back it's a proper, "hyped" fixture for most teams in the league. Still have great support too they add much more to the prem than other teams.

The manager looks very good and they've made plenty of signings.