Championship 2023/24

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Kicks off with promoted Sheffield Wednesday hosting relegated Southampton tonight at 20:00 BST.

Looking forward to an interesting season. Leeds have lost half their team on loan abroad. Leicester & Southampton might still lose some key players before the window shuts.

Carrick & McKenna in the same league.

Expecting a lot of PL players to arrive on loan during the next few weeks. Hopefully a couple from us too.

Difficult to predict as usual. Coventry lost Gyökeres, Sarr & Pedro left Watford. I’d say the relegated teams (So’ton & Leicester specifically) have a good chance of coming straight back up, depending on who they can hold on to.

Last edited:

maximus419

Really surprised no team has come in for Alcaraz for soton. Looks a level above anyone else on the pitch, he's wasted in championship.

Castia

Southampton looking really good

80% possession and look very dangerous

chris123

Southampton and Leicester are both just going to be far too good for this level aren't they?

Idxomer

Southampton and Leicester are both just going to be far too good for this level aren't they?
Yep, I could see Southampton average something like 75% possession with those players and Russell Martin as their manager.

IRELANDUNITED

Lavia can’t even get into Southampton’s team and Liverpool want to spend 85 million on him

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hopefully these timewasting cards stay and they don’t just give up on it after two weeks.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
9 minutes injury time?!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
QPR are shite. What a mess of a football club. Ainsworth surely odds on for first sacking.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
After completely blowing making the playoffs during both of the last 2 seasons (we should have cruised to a top 6 finish both times and probably finished 3rd last season), I don’t think we have any chance of making it this season, and the best we can hope for is mid-table mediocrity.

Still a very pleasing performance and opening win vs. West Brom yesterday, with a 19 year old striker that came through our youth academy, and 21 year old winger that we signed from Tottenham 18 months ago, scoring the goals.

I’ve said this before, but essentially we have a mid-table Championship standard senior squad, and a mid-table Premier League standard youth academy / set-up. I think we should throw caution to the wind and give as much playing time to our very talented youngsters as possible.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
After completely blowing making the playoffs during both of the last 2 seasons (we should have cruised to a top 6 finish both times and probably finished 3rd last season), I don’t think we have any chance of making it this season, and the best we can hope for is mid-table mediocrity.

Still a very pleasing performance and opening win vs. West Brom yesterday, with a 19 year old striker that came through our youth academy, and 21 year old winger that we signed from Tottenham 18 months ago, scoring the goals.

I’ve said this before, but essentially we have a mid-table Championship standard senior squad, and a mid-table Premier League standard youth academy / set-up. I think we should throw caution to the wind and give as much playing time to our very talented youngsters as possible.
Tell me more about Kaminski. Is he decent?

matys

Didn't watch the game, only the highlights, but WBA could have easily got two penalties.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Leicester are a far better side with Vardy off the pitch,