Championship 2023/24

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Typical championship dominate the game but can't score and they hit a worldie on the counter

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Typical championship dominate the game but can't score and they hit a worldie on the counter
I think it's more of a typical Leicester game where we have lots of the ball but struggle to convert possession to goals. For me, I think the word is out on Enzo Maresca & opposing managers know how to neutralize his game plan.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I think it's more of a typical Leicester game where we have lots of the ball but struggle to convert possession to goals. For me, I think the word is out on Enzo Maresca & opposing managers know how to neutralize his game plan.
I've seen it happen many times to us well before Maresca came, some people just can't handle anything but kick and rush football

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I've seen it happen many times to us well before Maresca came, some people just can't handle anything but kick and rush football
I’m good with possession football but also feel the occasional through ball qualifies how the opposition set up. Being predictable with any style is not a good thing.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I’m good with possession football but also feel the occasional through ball qualifies how the opposition set up. Being predictable with any style is not a good thing.
he needs to adapt more for sure but a lot of that is on the players, they still are the ones on the pitch feeling how the game is going. Enzo is trying to install a method and mindset, he probably needs to be rigid this season then he can add more in in the summer with better players, we don't have an attacking play maker at the club for example, other than Will Alves, who is a kid coming back from along term injury, which would change our approach just by having one on the field

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
he needs to adapt more for sure but a lot of that is on the players, they still are the ones on the pitch feeling how the game is going. Enzo is trying to install a method and mindset, he probably needs to be rigid this season then he can add more in in the summer with better players, we don't have an attacking play maker at the club for example, other than Will Alves, who is a kid coming back from along term injury, which would change our approach just by having one on the field
Depending on the FFP situation we may not have any money to spend this Summer.

Red & White

I’ve never seen a team so determined to not win the league after all but having it secured before the run-in. Every game Leicester play is an exact replica of the game before. Have all the ball, opposition don’t look like doing anything then they find themselves 1-0 down out of nowhere and frantically try and recover for the rest of the game by keeping possession but not really doing much with it.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I’ve never seen a team so determined to not win the league after all but having it secured before the run-in. Every game Leicester play is an exact replica of the game before. Have all the ball, opposition don’t like doing anything then they find themselves 1-0 down out of nowhere and frantically try and recover for the rest of the game by keeping possession but not really doing much with it.
Its absolutely mental when you look how far ahead they were at one point.

whitbyviking

McKenna vs Carrick at the weekend. Ipswich seem to have had Middlesbrough’s number the last few meetings too. Could be a fun game!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t think anyone wants to win that Championship . All doing there best to mess it up

Ole'sgunnarwin

Southampton not completely out of the automatic run in. But they need to keep winning. It's gonna be a great end to the season.

Red & White

Teams have worked out how to play against the Enzo Maresca set up. Leicester cannot break down a defence that sits in
Why can’t he change it up? Watched loads of their games in the last couple of months and it’s just possession and zero urgency. Absolutely bottling promotion. The next 3 games aren’t easy, especially playing like this. Where’s the mentality to want to make the Premier League?! Where‘s the desire? It’s like they’ve given up.

paulscholes18

Don’t think anyone wants to win that Championship . All doing there best to mess it up
Going to say the same thing, but which two will fail and go up.
I do think Ipswich's defence will be there downfall, reminds me of Liverpool under Rodgers score plenty but don't Keep the back door shut often.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Why can’t he change it up? Watched loads of their games in the last couple of months and it’s just possession and zero urgency. Absolutely bottling promotion. The next 3 games aren’t easy, especially playing like this. Where’s the mentality to want to make the Premier League?! Where‘s the desire? It’s like they’ve given up.
He's too stubborn and doesn't has an experienced assistant to talk him into it

Our heads look gone and Winks has gone full Spursy

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Southampton not completely out of the automatic run in. But they need to keep winning. It's gonna be a great end to the season.
It's very possible, got Leicester and Leeds in the run in so win both and they will probably only be a point or two behind going into the final week.

Red & White

He's too stubborn and doesn't has an experienced assistant to talk him into it

Our heads look gone and Winks has gone full Spursy
Something’s gotta give. If he’s throws away promotion this season after such a strong 2/3 of the campaign, the only way is down as you can’t undo that sort of negative mental frailty. Needs 2 wins and a draw from the last 4, I reckon.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ipswich with the easiest fixtures on paper? Not a lot in it mind you, and as we all know anything can happen in this league.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Going to say the same thing, but which two will fail and go up.
I do think Ipswich's defence will be there downfall, reminds me of Liverpool under Rodgers score plenty but don't Keep the back door shut often.
Think Leeds will win it. Leicester 2nd.

Munkehboi

They have two 6 pointers in Leciester and Leeds. If Southampton win all their remaining games and the top 3 win all their remaining games, except for Leicester and Leeds losing to Southampton, I think the table will be:

Ipswich 100
Leicester 97
Leeds 96
Southampton 96

Basically only ipswich can afford to draw a game in this scenario. Bonkers.

IRN-BRUno

The EFL have agreed a new deal with Sky starting from next season. The 3pm blackout remains but more games will be shown.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ve-year-efl-deal-over-1000-matches-per-season

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:
  • 328 Sky Bet Championship matches
  • 248 Sky Bet League One matches
  • 248 Sky Bet League Two matches
  • All 15 Play-Off matches
  • All 93 Carabao Cup matches
  • All 127 EFL Trophy matches
10 games will be shown every weekend with 5 from the Championship and 5 between Leagues 1 & 2. Every midweek game will be shown, as well as opening day, final day, bank holidays and fixtures during the international breaks.

Munkehboi

They have two 6 pointers in Leciester and Leeds. If Southampton win all their remaining games and the top 3 win all their remaining games, except for Leicester and Leeds losing to Southampton, I think the table will be:

Ipswich 100
Leicester 97
Leeds 96
Southampton 96

Basically only ipswich can afford to draw a game in this scenario. Bonkers.
Well scrap that scenario. Leeds don't fancy going up either. Lets see what Ipswich vs Middelsborough has in store. Huge result for Blackburn. So many teams fighting against relegation. Every game is hard in the Championship.

Asger

Anyone know if the Ipswich match will be live on any channels?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Such a great league. It's everything the Premier league claims it is but really isn't.

Imagine a title race where all of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man. City were dropping points every week to bottom half teams....probably have to go back to the 90s when that last happened.

Asger

Not in the UK. No live football can be telecast between 2.45 and 5.15 pm.
I think it will be at Dazn Canada but I was wondering if any other country is showing the Championships matches.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
After the humiliating 5-0 defeat away to Bristol City on Wednesday, I certainly wasn't expecting that result today !

Sammie Szmodics scoring 30 goals in a struggling, under-performing team, has been a hugely impressive individual team. We often have among the top goal-scorers in the Championship, but never finish in the playoffs (and this season we've been dragged into a relegation battle) which has been a source of frustration. Finishing 9th in 2014/2015 despite having 2 of the top 5 goal-scorers in the league, was some going.

Pears, who I've had many concerns about for a while, was certainly excellent in goal today.

I think Leicester will get their acts together and finish in the top 2, but I really wanted Ipswich and Leeds (despite me being delighted that we dented their promotion bid today) to both finish above them.

After Leicester's start to the season, IMO there was quite a lot arrogance building up in the club about them potentially breaking the points total record set by Reading in 2005/2006, having the division title wrapped up by Christmas etc. Plus it was disgraceful with the players that they had and money that they spent that they were relegated from the Premier League in the first place. All things considered given their playing squad, resources, spending etc, their relegation last season surely ranks as one of the 'worst' during the Premier League era (ours in 1998/1999 would also be up there). It felt like they were playing in the Championship on cheat code this season, including having a subs bench full of players that walk into the starting line-ups of most other teams in the division.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
the arrogance around our potential points haul was never from us, I do though think all the "Leicester have won it already comments" seeped in

whitbyviking

Come on Carrick - do your pal a favour and throw the game today :lol:
Middlesbrough still with an outside chance of the playoffs and have a good record against the top teams in the division. Ipswich have some tough games left so really need to win today

Munkehboi

Watching the Ipswich game. Middlesborough goal completely against the run of play. Ipswich are dominating - should still win this one.