Championship 22/23

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Blackburn putting in the work!

No pasarán.

Man-United

Really want Sunderland to go up. They like us quite much after following their forum sometimes.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Has that ever happened before where Boro v Coventry playing the last game of the season also end up facing each other in the play-offs?

What a capitulation by Millwall.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Millwall :lol: what a capitulation

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Playoff fixtures:

Saturday 13 May 17:30 Sunderland vs Luton
Sunday 14 May 12:00 Coventry vs Middlesbrough

Tuesday 16 May 20:00 Luton vs Sunderland
Wednesday 17 May 20:00 Middlesbrough vs Coventry

Saturday 27 May 16:45 Sunderland/Luton vs Middlesbrough/Coventry

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rooting for Coventry or Sunderland to come up. But ‘Boro have the Carrick factor but I find everything about ‘Boro to be boring as feck

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Coventry got to be a bit of a dark horse in the playoffs, Robins has done a hell of a job.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Would love to see Coventry back up no offence to Carrick. Luton for the novelty factor of a new PL team.

Hope it's not those Sunderland cnuts. Never liked them since 2012. They way they were celebrating you'd think Newcastle had been stopped from winning the league

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Rooting for Coventry or Sunderland to come up. But ‘Boro have the Carrick factor but I find everything about ‘Boro to be boring as feck
No Luton love? Pure underdogs man, no budget but we punching like Rocky!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ashame about Millwall. Was looking forward to there games against West Ham in the prem :lol: not that they’d of won the play offs anyway.

90 + 5min

No Luton love? Pure underdogs man, no budget but we punching like Rocky!
You got my vote. I hope you take it only because of underdog situation and who wouldn't want to go to your homeground? Luton in Premier League would be a cinderella story.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
You got my vote. I hope you take it only because of underdog situation and who wouldn't want to go to your homeground? Luton in Premier League would be a cinderella story.
Would they even be allowed to play there? I'm sure I saw that it falls way short of regulations.

90 + 5min

Would they even be allowed to play there? I'm sure I saw that it falls way short of regulations.
I'm not sure. I hope so. It would be shame if they couldn't. It takes away the little things that are left in football.

Castia

Luton in the PL would be mad

To be honest theres a story with every team

Boro - Carrick
Sunderland - Went all the way to league 1 and possibly back + Amad
Luton- Massive underdog story. Would be great to see them in the PL
Coventry - Old school PL side which would be cool to see back after many years

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I'm not sure. I hope so. It would be shame if they couldn't. It takes away the little things that are left in football.
Here we go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65249178

Promotion to the Premier League could cost Luton Town about £10m in ground improvements, despite work on a new stadium due to start.
The Hatters are currently third in the Championship.
Chief executive Gary Sweet said they would have to "pretty much rebuild" one stand at their Kenilworth Road ground to comply with Premier League requirements.
"It is maybe more of a gargantuan task than building a new stadium," he said.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Boro - Carrick
Remember Luton went out of the League altogether so even more of a story.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
We would probably accelerate the move to power court or hire a new stadium... No fecking way Haaland, Salah, Rashy etc gonna be jumping over garden fences to get to the away end :lol:

90 + 5min

Here we go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65249178

Promotion to the Premier League could cost Luton Town about £10m in ground improvements, despite work on a new stadium due to start.
The Hatters are currently third in the Championship.
Chief executive Gary Sweet said they would have to "pretty much rebuild" one stand at their Kenilworth Road ground to comply with Premier League requirements.
"It is maybe more of a gargantuan task than building a new stadium," he said.
Improve it to minimum standard and use it at least one year. Just for the sake of football and the soul of football. What a statement it would be to all those small clubs who are dreaming to play one day in Premeire League. What a statement it would be in the world about little clubs being given chance against mega clubs. Not everything needs or should be be in a identical way.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Boro - Carrick
Coventry were in League 2 just 5 years ago.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Improve it to minimum standard and use it at least one year. Just for the sake of football and the soul of football. What a statement it would be to all those small clubs who are dreaming to play one day in Premeire League. What a statement it would be in the world about little clubs being given chance against mega clubs. Not everything needs or should be be in a identical way.
We're unbeaten in quite a while... I think all 4 teams have a shot but I really really hope we can do it. feck I'm so nervous :lol:

90 + 5min

We're unbeaten in quite a while... I think all 4 teams have a shot but I really really hope we can do it. feck I'm so nervous :lol:
It is hard to pick a winner from this playoff. Every club have something for them in terms of form or players or history. Great games ahead. But as I said, I hope you take it.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Coventry were in League 2 just 5 years ago.
As were Luton. Both sides came up from that division in 2018 alongside Accrington and Wycombe.

Cracking play off group. Middlesbrough were in the league growing up for me. Luton would be new and I missed Coventry's tenure as part of the furniture. Coventry have a decent side with Gyokeres and Hamer in particular impressive.

Sunderland are the "least" interesting one for me due to them being in the league for a decade recently but they've come back from a delicate position for a club of their size.