Championship Playoff Final: Coventry v Luton

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I always think when a smaller club comes up from the Champo with modest means they should play the loan game a little to get two decent players. For instance, a team like Chelsea who need to fire sale like crazy would probably be very open to a reasonable loan fee for a player that they need to shift, owing to the window of opportunity PL football brings. Same goes for clubs in Italy and Spain.

Obviously, you're not going to get superstars but a top 10/12 player with few strings attached after the season ends, seems to make a lot of sense to me.
Yes I think we will be looking into a few loans. That seems the most realistic option for us.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I always think when a smaller club comes up from the Champo with modest means they should play the loan game a little to get two decent players. For instance, a team like Chelsea who need to fire sale like crazy would probably be very open to a reasonable loan fee for a player that they need to shift, owing to the window of opportunity PL football brings. Same goes for clubs in Italy and Spain.

Obviously, you're not going to get superstars but a top 10/12 player with few strings attached after the season ends, seems to make a lot of sense to me.
Fifa are trying to stop player hoarding by reducing the amount of loans you can have in or out. I believe next year it is going to be a max of 7 out and then 6 the year after.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Fifa are trying to stop player hoarding by reducing the amount of loans you can have in or out. I believe next year it is going to be a max of 7 out and then 6 the year after.
Does that include academy players going out for 1st team experience?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Does that include academy players going out for 1st team experience?
No. Players aged 21 and under are exempt, but with you and Chelsea it might be a bit of a hindrance. You should have cleared out most players before it starts to get annoying though.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
No. Players aged 21 and under are exempt, but with you and Chelsea it might be a bit of a hindrance. You should have cleared out most players before it starts to get annoying though.
A lot of our “risky” signings are on short term contracts to protect us against relegation, Most are already out of contract or have a year left. The only ones we are stuck with are Shelvey, Dennis and maybe Frueler.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A lot of our “risky” signings are on short term contracts to protect us against relegation, Most are already out of contract or have a year left. The only ones we are stuck with are Shelvey, Dennis and maybe Frueler.
Good business for you then!

In regards to Luton, congrats @Dirty Schwein ! I think it's cool that you have a player (Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu) that has been with you since the conference. Taking Jamie Vardy to a new level!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Good business for you then!

In regards to Luton, congrats @Dirty Schwein ! I think it's cool that you have a player (Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu) that has been with you since the conference. Taking Jamie Vardy to a new level!
Thanks mate. Hopefully he gets a goal in the PL which will make him the first and only player to score in every division with the same team.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Thanks mate. Hopefully he gets a goal in the PL which will make him the first and only player to score in every division with the same team.
Fair play that, he’ll be the answer to a pub quiz question for the next 30 years if he does. If Ryan Yates scores next season, he’ll have done a similar thing but while out on loan from us.

LutonAz

Supports
Luton
Fantastic day for us. Congrats @Dirty Schwein did you go?

I think there is more that meets the eye to us. Yes, we do play direct football but I think the 'Will get relegated next year cos their sh!t' analysis is lazy. Brentford play a similar style (albeit with better players). We won't go and throw the kitchen sink at it because that doesn't align to the boards strategy and vision and ultimately that vision is how we're here in the first place.

The Kenny will be a leveller for some fixtures, so i'm hoping our home form can give us a fighting chance.

In any case, I don't care one jot what happens next season as this promotion is pivotal to setting the foundations for us as a football club, securing our future for the next 25+ years and financing the new ground.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just seen this tweeted ‘Be interesting to see how VAR works at this ground. The ref might have to walk into someone’s living room and rewind on sky’ :lol: That’s pretty funny.