Film Charlie's Angels (2019)

RedPed

Whatabouter.

This MeToo, PC crap is really beginning to piss me off. As if this film didn't look bad enough, of course they had to go with a female Bosley. Though I s'pose they went with a black Bosley in Full Throttle.

Not a patch on the Liu/Diaz/Barrymore outing. Doesn't seem to be any chemistry between this new trio who look poorly cast.

lsd

The Oracle
Shouldn't it be Charlie's Emos if Kristen Stewart is in it ?

kps88

:lol: They change the gender of one character and it becomes about "metoo pc crap".

prateik

I dont care about the female Bosley.. who cares.. But the main cast looks terrible. at least in the trailer.

(not so) fun fact.. Naomi Scott is married to footballer Jordan Spence.. I used to sign him on FM.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
:lol: They change the gender of one character and it becomes about "metoo pc crap".
And apparently the The Diaz/Barrymore/Liu films were some beloved classics :lol: they were fecking awful. As was the TV show, which incidentally, regularly recast the angels.

Grown men pretending to be upset about remaking/recasting rubbish properties they didn’t really care about in the first place is really beginning to piss me off. I hope it makes billions just to annoy you you miserable fecker.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern

This MeToo, PC crap is really beginning to piss me off. As if this film didn't look bad enough, of course they had to go with a female Bosley. Though I s'pose they went with a black Bosley in Full Throttle.

Not a patch on the Liu/Diaz/Barrymore outing. Doesn't seem to be any chemistry between this new trio who look poorly cast.
You're fighting the good fight. Please keep it up. At first it's a female character in a bad movie. But where will it end? Female characters in most movies? Some even talking? Horrible thought.

Sweet Square

And apparently the The Diaz/Barrymore/Liu films were some beloved classics :lol:
I was in the first class to do GCSE media studies and the films we had to study for a whole year were the 2000s Angels films.

And yes Ofcom had to almost shut down the school.

Mockney

I was in the first class to do GCSE media studies and the films we had to study for a whole year were the 2000s Angels films.

And yes Ofcom had to almost shut down the school.
First they came for Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, and I did not speak out, because it was shit.

Spoony

The People's President
Charlie's Angels has become a classic movie? The TV show perhaps but the shitty film??

I'm about to lie down....

RedPed

Whatabouter.
And apparently the The Diaz/Barrymore/Liu films were some beloved classics :lol: they were fecking awful. As was the TV show, which incidentally, regularly recast the angels.

Grown men pretending to be upset about remaking/recasting rubbish properties they didn’t really care about in the first place is really beginning to piss me off. I hope it makes billions just to annoy you you miserable fecker.
Don't worry you feckwit, I'm guessing it won't but nice try. :lol:

It'll bomb and they'll recast Ryan Reynolds, Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart in a reboot and be a box office smash.

Sweet Square

First they came for Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, and I did not speak out, because it was shit.
Brought to us by creative visionary and human incarnation of the duff man - Joseph McGinty Nicole "McG"

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

:lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Charlie's Angels has become a classic movie? The TV show perhaps but the shitty film??

I'm about to lie down....
Every movie some angry and lonely dudes used to jack off to, is a classic nowadays.

evil_geko

Aye, another PC trash, the movie sounded like a trash, trailer looks trash, it will be pretty much trash.

nimic

something nice
Scout

This MeToo, PC crap is really beginning to piss me off.

Not a patch on the Liu/Diaz/Barrymore outing.
You mean the really bad 2000 film?

Doesn't seem to be any chemistry between this new trio who look poorly cast.
You must be some kind of emotional intelligence savant to be able to conclude that from a three minute trailer.

Reddy Rederson

You must be some kind of emotional intelligence savant to be able to conclude that from a three minute trailer.
To be fair, a trailer is supposed to make you want to see the film, so they usually put the best bits into it. For example the baywatch trailer made that film look good. Turns out, that was all the best bits that trash film had to offer. So if this trailer is representative of the best bits, and I see no reason why it wouldnt, then its a fair assessment to say this movie looks like utter shit. Yes, even worse than the 2000 film.

I can watch the hobbs and shaw trailer, and see chemistry that makes for a good double act. Has Kstew had chemistry with anyone? Ever? Any time Ive seen her in something, she looks like someone playing a human being in a badly produced instructional video by aliens to use as examples for fitting in before they use us all for food. So if these angels do have good chemistry to play off one another, why wouldnt they show that in the trailer? The angels are the selling point of the film, why wouldnt they showcase them?

So I suppose the question becomes, has a film ever had a bad trailer that was actually a good film?

Art Vandelay

To be fair, a trailer is supposed to make you want to see the film, so they usually put the best bits into it. For example the baywatch trailer made that film look good. Turns out, that was all the best bits that trash film had to offer. So if this trailer is representative of the best bits, and I see no reason why it wouldnt, then its a fair assessment to say this movie looks like utter shit. Yes, even worse than the 2000 film.

I can watch the hobbs and shaw trailer, and see chemistry that makes for a good double act. Has Kstew had chemistry with anyone? Ever? Any time Ive seen her in something, she looks like someone playing a human being in a badly produced instructional video by aliens to use as examples for fitting in before they use us all for food. So if these angels do have good chemistry to play off one another, why wouldnt they show that in the trailer? The angels are the selling point of the film, why wouldnt they showcase them?

So I suppose the question becomes, has a film ever had a bad trailer that was actually a good film?
That's annoying me now. I know it has happened, but I can't think of an example.

I'm amazed Kstew is still getting work. She can't act and I've never encountered anyone that finds her attractive. Her cold dead eyes hold the abyss.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

You obviously don't know how trailers work? And (a) I said 'doesn't seem' to be any chemistry and (b) I didn't make any assessment of the 2000 version, I just said this one didn't look as good.

You must have that Youtube clip saved in your favourites for that instant comeback. How many times have you used that? I'm guessing a few. You must be some kind of idiotic moron that thinks I actually give a feck what some faceless internet troll hiding behind the safety and comfort of their PC screen thinks.

Do you go around posting pathetic stuff like that to boost your ego? I will pray for you.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
A lot films now seen to have a #metoo agenda. But that's not why I won't watch this, I won't watch this because it looks shit, just like anything else in this God awful franchise.

nimic

something nice
Scout
You obviously don't know how trailers work? And (a) I said 'doesn't seem' to be any chemistry and (b) I didn't make any assessment of the 2000 version, I just said this one didn't look as good.

You must have that Youtube clip saved in your favourites for that instant comeback. How many times have you used that? I'm guessing a few. You must be some kind of idiotic moron that thinks I actually give a feck what some faceless internet troll hiding behind the safety and comfort of their PC screen thinks.

Do you go around posting pathetic stuff like that to boost your ego? I will pray for you.
You sure seems to give a feck, judging by this response. For someone who clearly considers themselves an enemy of political correctness, you seem quick to take offence at mere words.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You sure seems to give a feck, judging by this response. For someone who clearly considers themselves an enemy of political correctness, you seem quick to take offence at mere words.
You must be some kind of emotional intelligence savant to be able to conclude that from a single sentence. :lol:

I really don't give a feck. I just wasn't going to let some internet bully think it's ok to do what they do. Now if you go and look hard enough, I'm sure you'll find some other posts that you can use your go-to vid for.

Sweet Square

There was another film that we analysed when taking a break from McG Angels film, that being the classic shark thriller that scared audiences all over the world..........Deep Blue Sea! How the feck does someone pick a shark film other than Jaws.

Also the media studies teacher was just English teacher I had on Mondays.

Although I can't slag the course off too much as for a couple of months we had a substitute American teacher who actually involved in the civil rights movement in the 60's and taught us about the history of Black American representation in the media. It was only a short time so impossible to go into any great detail but the basic stuff she taught us has stuck with me.

As for Ofcom being involved that had more to do with the head teacher shagging the deputy head teacher and them both running off with a ton of school money to live in Southh Africa.

Sweet Square

You must be some kind of emotional intelligence savant to be able to conclude that from a single sentence. :lol:

I really don't give a feck. I just wasn't going to let some internet bully think it's ok to do what they do. Now if you go and look hard enough, I'm sure you'll find some other posts that you can use your go-to vid for.

Don't worry you feckwit, I'm guessing it won't but nice try. :lol:

It'll bomb and they'll recast Ryan Reynolds, Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart in a reboot and be a box office smash.
I refuse to believe these are serious posts. Please tell me that you are taking the piss ?

SoCross

That's annoying me now. I know it has happened, but I can't think of an example.

I'm amazed Kstew is still getting work. She can't act and I've never encountered anyone that finds her attractive. Her cold dead eyes hold the abyss.
I find her to be quite fit :drool:

Handré1990

See I knew something was up! «Not a patch on the Liu/Diaz/Battymore». :lol: How fecking shit must it be? Couldn’t even finish it when I was thirteen.

Mockney

I like how RedPeds bizarre annoyance at a campaign to end decades of sexual abuse in Hollywood, triggered by Harvey Weinstein wanking into flower pots being apparently responsible for the female director of a female lead franchise aimed primarily at females (in this iteration at least) deciding to cast herself in a cameo role previously played by a white guy, a black guy and an Hispanic guy in the 3 recent reboots alone, is a less contentious issue than the fact he thinks Charlie’s Angels 2000 was a good film.

Last edited: