Charni Ekangamene

jb8521

Charni has been given the number 43 jersey and was involved in the match day squad today without making the bench

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
That's good for him. Not entirely surprised considering how short we are in midfield at the moment, especially with Anderson looking like he's done at United. Perhaps a chance for him against Stoke in midweek?

MajorTom

We need to win and not give every man and his dog a game. The only reason he was in the "squad" today was down to injuries. He looks a tidy player but now isn't the time to be mixing it up with youth. Get the victories and performances on the board. Even though it is the league cup it is important at this moment in time to win football matches.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I'd think that Giggs will definitely not be involved considering he played today. Looks like Moyes has lost all faith in Ando. Even if we start with Clev and Fletcher, surely there's an opening for him to be on the bench.

datura

We need to win and not give every man and his dog a game. The only reason he was in the "squad" today was down to injuries. He looks a tidy player but now isn't the time to be mixing it up with youth. Get the victories and performances on the board. Even though it is the league cup it is important at this moment in time to win football matches.

And do you think those injuries will suddenly clear up in time for Weds when this was a more important match?

MajorTom

Nani wasn't on the bench today along with Anderson, two players if Moyes decides to rotate who will automatically be involved in the game. He isn't going to play, not a chance. And neither should he, now is the time to kick on and give players a run of games and in games that we should win.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Yeah, because he has been setting the reserves/U21's alight and is surely knocking on the door? He was in the 25 man squad because of injuries and he might make the same against Stoke but he isn't playing if we want to win and build players confidence.

Not saying you weren't speaking sense, just the way you said it so defiantly :lol: Made me chuckle.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Never seen someone get so offended (atleast came across that way) by the suggestion that a youngster might make the bench in a league cup game. :lol:

LR7

Nice. Hopefully he can make the bench for the league cup game. I love to see the youngsters involved. It gives them belief that their hard work is getting noticed by the manager and motivates others to work hard to be included next time out. I think he's been playing a few games as a CB for the U21s because we lack bodies there with our loans etc but he's definitely a CM.

Robbie Boy

What type of midfielder is he? Has he been standing out for the youth team this season?

MajorTom

Hey, I like the kid, he has a cracking technique but him or anyone else from the U21's shouldn't be anywhere near the players on the pitch at the minute. We need to win games and can't afford to try out youth. Let's get some wins and performances from the first-team players.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Nice. Hopefully he can make the bench for the league cup game. I love to see the youngsters involved. It gives them belief that their hard work is getting noticed by the manager and motivates others to work hard to be included next time out. I think he's been playing a few games as a CB for the U21s because we lack bodies there with our loans etc but he's definitely a CM.
Oi, don't be so optimistic on his behalf!
No, no he isn't playing against Stoke. Good to see another youngster involved in the travelling squad.

LR7

Hey, I like the kid, he has a cracking technique but him or anyone else from the U21's shouldn't be anywhere near the players on the pitch at the minute. We need to win games and can't afford to try out youth. Let's get some wins and performances from the first-team players.
That isn't what Manchester United is about.

MajorTom

At the minute ideology/philosophy has no importance. We need to win the game. I will say it again - he is a tidy player with a good technique but he shouldn't (and won't) be playing first-team football for us at this present time.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I don't think it will be a surprise if he gets named on bench for league cup game. Most of the reserve team players we would have liked to see in league cup are on loan and he & Larnell Cole probably are the only ones who can get on bench. I hope at least one of them makes it for Stoke game with Charni being the preference due to his position/role.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Well done, Charni. His progress has gone a bit under the radar but he's put in some very solid performances for the u21s this season.

Rossa

That isn't what Manchester United is about.

True that. If United are 2-0 up, I see no reason why a promising youngster, especially a central midfielder, shouldn't get some playing time. It sends a great message. It's an area where I trust Moyes, tbf.

Siorac

Yeah, thank feck Moyes did not share your view when it came to giving chances to Januzaj.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
With all the injuries to our strikers and Rooney being our most important player right now. I won't be surprised to see Wilson also on the bench against Stoke.

Ekeke

Defensive, quick, aggressive? Surely, that sounds too much of a match made in heaven.
Decent at reserve level. We're crying out for someone at an international level instead. He could become a good enough option with experience but thats some time off.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Defensive, quick, aggressive? Surely, that sounds too much of a match made in heaven.

He's a solid player, I don't necessarily think he's got the talent to be a regular here but Evans didn't impress me much in the reserves and he's arguably our best defender right now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd always wondered why he never really got spoken about. He generally does his job very well. Very aggressive, strong in the tackle and has good feet too. He covers the ground quickly too.

Drainy

Evans didn't impress me much in the reserves
That is actually pretty surprising, Jonny Evans was brilliant for the reserves- came back one summer and kicked on for the u18s, then looked a better prospect than Pique while in the reserves.

westlife4ever

That's a big confidence boost for Charni. But he's certainly not ready for first team yet IMO.

Our best "defensive, quick, aggressive" young lad is playing for Ipswich now. Had Tunners stayed, Moyes might have given him a chance.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
That's a big confidence boost for Charni. But he's certainly not ready for first team yet IMO.

Our best "defensive, quick, aggressive" young lad is playing for Ipswich now. Had Tunners stayed, Moyes might have given him a chance.
No, Charni isn't ready for the first team, you're right.

But Tunnicliffe isn't first team material, period. Charni looks to have intelligence and can read the game, Tunnicliffe looks like a lad who reacts to the situation. Tunnicliffe isn't a bad player by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his move to Ipswich permanent, or at least sign for another Championship team.

westlife4ever

No, Charni isn't ready for the first team, you're right.

But Tunnicliffe isn't first team material, period. Charni looks to have intelligence and can read the game, Tunnicliffe looks like a lad who reacts to the situation. Tunnicliffe isn't a bad player by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his move to Ipswich permanent, or at least sign for another Championship team.
I sort of agree with your assessment on Tunnicliffe. Just saying he might be closer to first team football at the moment, because of his physical presence and being two years older.