Charni Ekangamene

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Players at some point need to be given the chance to prove themselves and some who don't look exceptional at youth level for various reasons could shine in the first team. This is more of a general point and for that reason I'd be delighted is he made the bench Wednesday.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Charni is better than Tunnicliffe. Tunicliffe's are probably 10-a-penny across academies all over the land. In fact, he's exactly the sort of player that the FA and ex-pros have been making such a fuss about moving away from in the last few years.

I think Charni can surprise a few people. He has good feet. He isn't the most expansive and is no playmaker, but in terms of defending, I think he's quite good.

Skywarden

I know it can be hard to tell, but does anyone know when his next appearance is?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I love the ressies and am a youth junky, but I'd never have picked Charni as the next one to make the jump. Pearson has shown more at a younger age than Charni has, though Ekangamene is far more physically ready.

Pretty surprised by this. Maybe he's kicked on in training or something.

jb8521

I love the ressies and am a youth junky, but I'd never have picked Charni as the next one to make the jump. Pearson has shown more at a younger age than Charni has, though Ekangamene is far more physically ready.

Pretty surprised by this. Maybe he's kicked on in training or something.
While I agree that Pearson has more to his game he hasn't really done anything at reserve/under 21 level yet whereas Charni has been doing well at that level for the past year and was probably our most improved player at that level last year and was actually involved in the pre match preparations for a couple of first team matches at the end of last season along with januzaj. He is a lot more physically developed than Pearson at this stage and can also play in a few different positions. I think Larnel Cole is injured at the moment or he could be involved as well

Tarrou

Any Youtube videos knocking about for this lad? I'm in urgent need of one to win my pub debate.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Gone on a half-season loan to Carlisle, where Tom Lawrence is/was.

Good to see, I'm not sure if he'll make it here but he's really progressed in the last 18 months and this first team football will do him the world of good.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Wonder which position he'll play
Defensive midfield. He's had a few games at CB for the u21s lately but that's just for developmental purposes. He's not good enough in the air to play that position at first team level.

jb8521

Defensive midfield. He's had a few games at CB for the u21s lately but that's just for developmental purposes. He's not good enough in the air to play that position at first team level.
Can play left back as well although he is better in midfield. His flexibility should mean he gets plenty of games

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Getting some good reviews for his debut in midfield despite Carlisle eventually losing away to Bristol C.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Where you seeing this? What they saying?
Football League Paper via the Noggie supporters' club's website.

There aren't a lot of specifics. He started, won the free-kick which led to Carlisle's goal, was subbed off right at the end, played well, got a 7/10 rating.

NMF

What is he a centre mid or defensive mid? Is he good enough to make it in the first team?

Juan't Mata

A youth team DM by trade playing and impressing at centre back? That's the kind of thing that'll make LVG sit up and take notice.

Ekeke

What is he a centre mid or defensive mid? Is he good enough to make it in the first team?
No, but he's versatile and theres something to be said for that. He's also more experienced than a lot of the other cms we have in reserve so its possible we'd try and use him for a little while as cover for multiple positions ala O'Shea. Most likely he'll serve that function at a different club.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I liked him as a defensive midfielder, but he was fantastic last season at centre back alongside McNair, who originally was a #10. He could be a real rotation option if nothing more, he's very technically sound and can play CM, has played most of his football as a DM but last season really showed his worth as a possible utility player.

How tall is he? He seems quite a strong lad but he looks to be about 6'0"?

eddiebb

gobshite
He wasn't fantastic by any means. He did a decent job in a tough situation, but he's never a Man Utd player.

Sid234

Didnt he say sometime last year that the club see him developing into a player like Makelele?

LR7

I don't envisage him getting a look in next season, in terms of first team minutes for us. I'd like to see him get a good Championship loan. His loan to Carlisle(?) was a bit shit in terms of them not playing him too much then we recalled him to play in the reserves. A good uninterrupted run playing competitive games would be good for him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't envisage him getting a look in next season, in terms of first team minutes for us. I'd like to see him get a good Championship loan. His loan to Carlisle(?) was a bit shit in terms of them not playing him too much then we recalled him to play in the reserves. A good uninterrupted run playing competitive games would be good for him.
I don't think you can really blame Carlisle for not playing him. He got 338 minutes in 6 matches and then we called him back. One game he sat on the bench was only 3 days after another that he play played 71 minutes in. I don't think you can expect a 19/20 year old to immediately be playing 90 minutes every match. I'm sure he would have carried on playing good minutes and likely increasing if he was allowed to stay. Unfortunately we had no CBs in the u21s and needed him.

He has never really stood out to me but never disappointed either. His partnership with McNair was quite impressive. Hopefully we get him another loan and let him stay out to get some regular time.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
He wasn't fantastic by any means. He did a decent job in a tough situation, but he's never a Man Utd player.
Can't agree at all, he was up for player of the year and I'm sure he wasn't there for no reason. Watch him carefully and you see how much of an excellent reader of the game he is, he was always in the right place to win the ball.

Sid234

He's very good defensively. Even though he's naturally a DM, he's done very well when played either at CB or LB.. He's been overshadowed by Pearson and Rothwell to an extent

khoazany

He needs to settle in one position for whatever club he plays at next season if he event want to make it with us.