Charni Ekangamene

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Shame, I thought he could have been given a chance this year given his great season last year.

All the best to him in the future, I think he'll go on to be a good player.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Good move for the lad. Thought he did a really good job last year at centre back and got a squad number. That said, he was always going to struggle to get into the first team in either midfield or centre back as whilst he was talented, it wasn't obvious that he was that talented.

FromTheBench

He did a decent job filling in last season, but never really rated him much so not surprised.

He can be a decentish player.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
ah well. Hope he has a good career and maybe we have a buyback clause on him if he turns out.

LARulz

Look at the number of sponsors. We need to up our game

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Look at the number of sponsors. We need to up our game
I bet the genius lawyers of ours made sure that Chevy can't prevent us from selling another ad on the front for another huge pile of money.

Stick two more on the back and we can afford to buy Ronaldo back.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If a player is already 20 years old and hasn't been given the slightest look from the first team it means the odds are firmly stacked against him making it.

Acole9

Outstanding
Only get to see the odd U21 game so I'm not in a position to judge. Was this lad any good?

FromTheBench

If a player is already 20 years old and hasn't been given the slightest look from the first team it means the odds are firmly stacked against him making it.
Not necessarily. See Cleverley, i guess.

FromTheBench

I bet the genius lawyers of ours made sure that Chevy can't prevent us from selling another ad on the front for another huge pile of money.

Stick two more on the back and we can afford to buy Ronaldo back.
Barcelona have put one on their sleeves and one on the inside of their shirt. (Intel which is clever with Intel Inside etc..)

Am sure Glazer's, Arnold, Woodward would be getting ideas. Though if Deal with Chevrolet is exclusive then they can't.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Barcelona have put one on their sleeves and one on the inside of their shirt. (Intel which is clever with Intel Inside etc..)

Am sure Glazer's, Arnold, Woodward would be getting ideas. Though if Deal with Chevrolet is exclusive then they can't.
Off topic but if we were to place one on the back or sleeve, as long as it wasn't a direct competitor for Chevy I don't think they'd mind significantly.

thelemon

It's a shame we've lost him. Always liked him and he's been terrific at times. Doubt he'll ever be a world class player but thought he'd do a job for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any confirmation as to why he left? Bit random, I thought he could've made the jump or at least do enough to get a shot in the next season. Versatility could have been a bit of an issue for him rather than a positive though.

FromTheBench

Any confirmation as to why he left? Bit random, I thought he could've made the jump or at least do enough to get a shot in the next season. Versatility could have been a bit of an issue for him rather than a positive though.
He wasn't going to realistically make it at United, plus directly had Pearson ahead of him for his position who has a much better shot.

So, i guess getting back to Belgium with a good shot at first team football was too alluring and we didn't mind that much letting him go.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Looked just below the level required in my opinion, still could carve out a good career though and I expect him too.

Was extremely unlucky to be at fault against Chelsea for their second goal in the u-21 cup final.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hmm...I'm honestly not too surprised that he's left us for his home country. Pearson made so much progress in the U-21 and essentially got ahead of Ekangamene. Even then, Charni looked very good as a central defender, and I thought that he would have definitely done well in that role given how strong his defensive abilities were. I believe that he wasn't good enough to be a central midfielder for Man. Utd. given his comparatively worse technique.

Oh well. I wish him luck. I believe he can have a good career and go on to do decent things. He certainly has the ability to make it as a professional, just not at Man. Utd.

Midnight1811

I heard Moyes and co were looking to take him on tour, this was from around about march I think. Shame really, cracking name thought he would become decent here. Perhaps in a few years, he'll be a real talent and would recognise us for playing a small part of developmental in life with us.

Ekeke

Not at all surprised that he's left, he's a decent young player but highly unlikely to be good enough in any position to get games here. Good luck to him, he should hopefully do well in Belgium and we might hear more about him in the future

Brightonian

Right move for everyone. Been a superb and crucial player for the youth sides but never quite had that X factor necessary to earn a first team opportunity. Happy for the lad, he'll do great at Zulte.