Cheat code activated. Spend the gas.

KeanoMagicHat

Better on both ends of the pitch - quality goalkeeper and quality striker and we'd be a lot better. Can look at midfield but both of our first choice midfielders are missing. Selling McTominay for someone that could do a job in defensive midfield though would be a nice addition.

Woziak

I guess something like this if I'm being realistic:

In:
1. Goncalo Ramos (Smart, fits system)
2. Jonathan David (Fits the system and I think would be happy to be our backup #9 for a decade)
3. Frenkie De Jong (I just think he's neat)
4. Sangare (nobody has moved for him so he comes to us at 25 and hopes to start with Casemiro aging out by say 28 rather than go to like West Ham or Lazio)
5. Maxence Lacroix (going off stats and profile so pick another CB if you like)
6. Vanderson (Looked to have big upside when I watched them play PSV)
7. Keeper (Don't trust Raya's shot stopping, Sanchez got benched, Samba's stats are great, I really have no idea)

Ramos - David
Antony - Pellistri
Rashford - Garnacho
Bruno - Eriksen
De Jong - Fred (Eriksen really)
Casemiro - Sangare
Vanderson -
Dalot
Malacia - Shaw
Martinez - Lindelof (but really it's Shaw backing up Lisandro)
Varane - Lacroix
Keeper
- Heaton

That's 22 guys which is a bit light, so let's add a 3rd keeper obviously and then one of Amad or Elanga sticks around as another attacker, Iqbal or Mainoo gets a promotion to be an extra midfield body and maybe Alvaro stays in the squad as a 3rd LB or Brandon Williams sticks around and you're up to 26 guys which seems reasonable.

And 4 Homegrown players so your squad can’t be registered in the PL ! More and more when you see things like this and the fact you have to 8 HG players you realise that united are definitely bringing back Mason Greenwood, whatever the fans think about it! Enfact if we carry on losing, nothing would surprise me with our owners that, if the morons are still in power they might get him to do an interview and bring him back by May, all we want is for the Plastic Owners to leave and quickly !

Hey I’ll take our season imploding , No more trophies, 5-6th place anything providing they just leave ?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Outs:
Maguire (£40m?)
Bailly (£10m?)
Jones (£0m)
Dalot (£25m?)
McTominay (£30m?)
Lindelof (£20m?)
Martial (£25m?)
Elanga (£20m?)
Donny (£15m?)
de Gea (£0m)
Henderson (£25m?)
Heaton (£0m)
Telles (£15m?)
Williams (£10m?)
Tuanzebe (£5m?)

Out total: ~£240m

Ins:
MF: Kovacic (last year of contract so £25-30m could see him through)
MF: Sabitzer (£15m)
RB: Kyle Walker-Peters (So'ton getting relegated so should be able to pick up for a good price, say £25m)
GK: Maignan (£30m?) or Raya (£15m?) or Brighton's Sanchez who is out of favour by de Zerbi...(£20m)? All would do.
ST: Ramos (no idea how much he will cost, but it'll be north of £50m let's say £75m). Not a fan of spending £150m on Osimhen, and £80m for Kane seems a bit too much for a 30 year old too.
RB/CB: Timber (£40m)
GK: Butland (£5m? - need a back up goalie).
FW: Kudus (£50m? - back up striker, but also an AM / SS).

In total: taking the top end figures - £260m

Net total: £20m

Promote:
Amad
Laird
Hannibal
A. Fernandez

Obviously, there's no way in hell we're getting rid of 15 of our players in one go. But it would be good for the club to rehouse elsewhere as many of that list as possible.

So if all goes to plan...(bolded is homegrown)

GK: Maignan, Butland
LB: Shaw, Malacia, A. Fernandez
CB: Varane, Martinez, Timber, (Shaw)
RB: KWP, AWB, Laird, (Timber)

CM: Casemiro, Eriksen, Sabtizer, Kovacic, Fred, Hannibal
AM: Bruno, Kudus, Amad, Mainoo

LW: Rashford, Garnacho, (Sancho)
RW: Antony, Sancho, Pellestri

FW: Ramos, (Kudus), (Rashford)

Squad of 27 with a real focus and push on PL and CL commitments. Kids and reserve players to focus on Carabao and FA Cup.

I actually wouldn't be averse to selling Bruno as well, but will save that thought for another day.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
In:

GK: Diogo Costa/Maignan
CB: Ousmane Diomande
RB: Vanderson
DM/CM: Moises Caicedo
CM: Frenkie de Jong or Bennacer
LW: Kamaldeen
CF: Kane, Osimhen or Ramos

Out:

De Gea & Henderson
Maguire
Dalot & Wan Bissaka
Fred & McTominay
Sancho & Martial

I'm not even sure how we will offload some players due to their high wages and unavailability due to injury.

I'd also hope we look to sign both Evan Ferguson and Rayan Cherki, even if it means we loan both out for a year.
Can't see why people want De Gea out after he's been our saviour in many matches.

Onerealunited

Ins:
- GK:
- RB: Pavard
- CB: Kim
- DM: Lavia
- CM:
- RW:
- CF:
- CF:

Out:
- Henderson: minimum €20m
- Butland: release
- Bailly: minimum €5m
- Telles: minimum €5m
- Maguire/Lindelöf: minimum €20m
- Williams: minimum 10m
- Tuanzebe: release
- Jones: release
- McTominay: minimum €25m
- Sabitzer: release
- Van de Beek: minimum €10m
- Elanga: minimum €15m
- Martial: minimum €15m
- Weghorst: release

14 players would leave the club, a total of €125m in income (minimum) and millions of euros saved i wages.

Maguire or Lindelöf , would sell whoever who’d be easiest to sell, minimum price of €20m, to get in some cash.

Last edited:

NoPace

And 4 Homegrown players so your squad can’t be registered in the PL ! More and more when you see things like this and the fact you have to 8 HG players you realise that united are definitely bringing back Mason Greenwood, whatever the fans think about it! Enfact if we carry on losing, nothing would surprise me with our owners that, if the morons are still in power they might get him to do an interview and bring him back by May, all we want is for the Plastic Owners to leave and quickly !

Hey I’ll take our season imploding , No more trophies, 5-6th place anything providing they just leave ?
17 non homegrown players and my list has I think 17 if the Keeper is homegrown, but that seems unlikely so yeah, probably gotta make one different move like:

1. No Vanderson, keep Wan-Bissaka or sign Livramento, Walker-Peters, James Justin or another RB who is homegrown.
2. Lacroix to a homegrown CB, so either Maguire stays (but I think he'll demand to leave) maybe a young guy like Guehi, Nathan Collins or a surprise one like Tosin from Fulham (benched but giant so good alternative to Lindelof and as Varane's backup). Branthwaite is big and playing in the Eredivisie but left-footed and Shaw seems better than our RCB options if Maguire stays. Maybe we swap Maguire for a different English CB like Dier, Tarkowski or Kilman?
3. Change David to a young English striker like Ferguson (if money is unlimited). Maguire for Ings and like 15-20M to fill the backup 9 role makes some sense for everyone.
4. Lindelof to Inter for 20M and we just buy Branthwaite to play LCB.

Feels like the easiest answer is we just give Wan-Bissaka another year, extend him and then make the move in 2024 and hope we buy a homegrown player by then or Mainoo can take Fred's spot.

Woziak

17 non homegrown players and my list has I think 17 if the Keeper is homegrown, but that seems unlikely so yeah, probably gotta make one different move like:

1. No Vanderson, keep Wan-Bissaka or sign Livramento, Walker-Peters, James Justin or another RB who is homegrown.
2. Lacroix to a homegrown CB, so either Maguire stays (but I think he'll demand to leave) maybe a young guy like Guehi, Nathan Collins or a surprise one like Tosin from Fulham (benched but giant so good alternative to Lindelof and as Varane's backup). Branthwaite is big and playing in the Eredivisie but left-footed and Shaw seems better than our RCB options if Maguire stays. Maybe we swap Maguire for a different English CB like Dier, Tarkowski or Kilman?
3. Change David to a young English striker like Ferguson (if money is unlimited). Maguire for Ings and like 15-20M to fill the backup 9 role makes some sense for everyone.
4. Lindelof to Inter for 20M and we just buy Branthwaite to play LCB.

Feels like the easiest answer is we just give Wan-Bissaka another year, extend him and then make the move in 2024 and hope we buy a homegrown player by then or Mainoo can take Fred's spot.
This is the issue that too many fans are forgetting we need 8 homegrown players in a squad of 25 and if the squad is 27-28 we need 10-11 homegrown players. I think it’s why we are looking at Frimpong he spent 9 years at City from 10-19 he counts as homegrown. So you would probably replace Dalot with Frimpong but again another 5’6/7 Defender to go with Martinez and Mallacia. Personally I would keep both Dalot and AWB and sign Frimpong Dalot can play left or right back easily and Shaw can play LCB. As a Team with Varane whose played 27 games this season you need another Top CB like K min Jae competing and available to play 40-45 games.
Let me be clear this is not my squad this is what I believe we will have after the Glaziers remain in charge;

GK - D Costa, T Heaton(HG), J Butland (HG)

Defenders- AWB(HG), D Dalot, Frimpong(HG)*, R Varane,* K Min Jae or J Timbour, L Martinez, T Mengdi(HG), L Shaw(HG), T Malacia, E Bailey (Don’t think anyone will buy him with his injury record)

Midfield - Casemeiro, Eriksen, Bruno, *A Rabiot, *E Le Fee Or Sabitzer , S Mctominay (HG), K Mainoo(HG)

Attack - Rashford (HG), J Sanchon(HG), Garnaucho (HG), * R Hojlund, Antony, Antony Martial (we won’t sell he’s on too much and Glaziers will bring back MG as he’s homegrown and they will sweep it all under the carpet.

This is what I expect, D Henderson, Elanga ,Maguire, Lindelof, B Williams, A Telles, P Jones, Fred, F Pellistri(loan), Amad(Loan)

we will spend about £100m net we won’t be able to get rid of most of the players we want to. That’s a squad of 27 players with 12 homegrown players I repeat this is not my squad it’s what I expect the parasites to deliver ETH

croadyman

Can't see why people want De Gea out after he's been our saviour in many matches.
Because it's 2023 not 2018 and keepers who command the area and good with feet are the way forward now simple as that

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I’m not pretending you only picked two centre halves at all and I agreed that a midfielder and striker are essential. I threw in a comment about today’s game because it had just happened, but over the course of the season, a new first choice right back and goalkeeper make an absolute tonne more of a difference than 3rd and 4th choice centre backs wouldn’t you agree?
Fair enough....
I'd agree about the keeper.

I wouldn't about fullbacks. I don't believe any of our fullbacks are a problem. I do however believe having an utterly incompatible and decidely slow pair as back up to Martinez and Varane is a serious problem. Fundamentally affecting our ability to execute our first choose style of play. Both in high line aggression and build up from the back. Making tactical risks like what ETH took vs Newcastle late on virtual suicide. We could even have had the option of briefly putting Martinez in that troublesome Casémiro role in the Brazilian's brief time out.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We need to upgrade the spine. 2 better back up CBS. 2 better controlling midfielders apart from Ericksen and Casemiro. Two reliable strikers. Won't happen till we get Jassim's money.....
Indeed the spine needs improving - and the spine starts at the very back, which means a better all-round keeper: once again DDG's passing out from the back on sunday was awful, especially compared with Pope's. I realise he made one save everyone is raving about but I didn't see it as that great: he pushed the first one right back into the danger area and got lucky when the second just hit him

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Fair enough....
I'd agree about the keeper.

I wouldn't about fullbacks. I don't believe any of our fullbacks are a problem. I do however believe having an utterly incompatible and decidely slow pair as back up to Martinez and Varane is a serious problem. Fundamentally affecting our ability to execute our first choose style of play. Both in high line aggression and build up from the back. Making tactical risks like what ETH took vs Newcastle late on virtual suicide. We could even have had the option of briefly putting Martinez in that troublesome Casémiro role in the Brazilian's brief time out.
I'be been saying this about Martinez every time Casemiro doesn't play: Licha as destroyer in midfield, Lindelof alongside Varane. Can you imagine having an old-fashioned DM snapping at opposition midfielders every time they got the ball? He could be a sort of second-string Keano (although obviously not box-to-box)

Resch

We should be open to sell:
Sancho
Fernandes (unpopular opinion)
McT
Fred
Dalot
DH or de Gea
Williams
Elanga
Lindelöf

Out:
Weghorst
Sabitzer
Jones

IN:
modern Goalkeeper
young CB with talent like Pavlovic
RB like Firmpong
young DM with talent
CM like FDJ
young CM with talent
OM - who can control the match, the pace and can keep possession
Striker like Hojlund

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Because it's 2023 not 2018 and keepers who command the area and good with feet are the way forward now simple as that
Yes but they should also be good between the posts.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I don’t have a massive shortlist of players for every position but I have some preferences. If money is no object then we go for two new strikers, really like the look of young Ferguson at Brighton who is obviously not ready to be our main man yet so we need an experienced goal scorer too, Kane fits the bill perfectly. Crazy money for the two but the money is no object we might as well spend it.

Ideally we need two midfielders. We need a cm with passing and dribbling ability, ETH clearly wants de Jong but if he cannot be gotten then someone with his profile and quality is needed, a top level player, Camavinga would be my dream signing but he is even more unlikely than de Jong. Im not sure who else there is, I dont watch enough football outside of the PL and CL to form a proper opinion on most of these players. We also need a dm to deputise for Casemiro, ideally someone young who could replace him in time. Again I’m not sure who, there’s no obvious names spring to mind.

I’d get two new cbs also, take advantage of the interest in Maguire and lindelof neither of whom are upto the task. We need a top level third cb to challenge and deputise. Move for Kim Min Jae from Napoli who i have never actually seen play a full match but have seen plenty of clips and read enough to be convinced of his quality at a reasonable price. We shouldn’t sign players because of their nationality but I also like the idea of us having the best Asian player for marketing reasons so ignore the first part of the sentence. I would also add a high potential young cb, someone fast.

Im not certain on the right back position, I would probably let Dalot go if I had to pick between the two right now. He has been shocking since the World Cup, I’m not sure who I would sign maybe Walker peters he looks decent if not particularly exciting and is homegrown, I know I wouldn’t go for Dumfries who would struggle in a back four in the PL.

Finally I would bring in a gk to challenge de gea (probably Raya) but I’m a little too romantic/emotional/stupid to just feck big Dave off, he wants to be here and I’d give him the chance to keep his place. I would hire a top coach to improve on his distribution etc.

I cba listing all the departures, it’s a big list and we all know who they are. I think some of you are going crazy with your asking prices though.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Indeed the spine needs improving - and the spine starts at the very back, which means a better all-round keeper: once again DDG's passing out from the back on sunday was awful, especially compared with Pope's. I realise he made one save everyone is raving about but I didn't see it as that great: he pushed the first one right back into the danger area and got lucky when the second just hit him
His savings skills aren't really the issue. Its his distribution, sweeping behind a high line and claiming of aerial balls. They are no longer up to par for the best tactical strategy of the era. I personally hope he leaves on a free.

Flanders Devil

I assume this is a money is no objective daydreaming... so I'm gonna do something like this, with everyone else sold:

GK: Diogo Costa, DDG
RB: Timber, Dalot
CB: Varane, Martinez, Gvardiol, (Timber)
LB: Shaw, Malacia
CM: Casemiro, Bellingham, Frankie, Caicedo
AM: Bruno, Eriksen
RW: Anthony, Sancho, Pellistri
LW: Rashford, Garnacho, (Sancho)
ST: Kane, Ferguson

None individually are unreasonable, together absolutely impossible.

Legendary

For me, I'd love us to buy the following:

GK: Costa (Porto)
RB: Vanderson (Monaco)
CB: Kim Min-Jae (Napoli)
DM: Rice (West Ham)
CM: Bellingham (Dortmund)
ST: Hojlund (Atalanta)

I think these players would sort our team out in every department.

Sell whoever is need to get the funds to afford the above players.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We should probably get a new goalkeeper then if that's a requirement.
Why?
Isn't De Gea good between the posts?
Didn't he save us many a time?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Outs:
  • De Gea
  • Dean Henderson
  • Wan Bissaka
  • Maguire
  • Tuanzebe
  • Williams
  • Telles
  • McTominay
  • Sabitzer (loan end)
  • Elanga
  • Weghorst (loan end)
  • Van de beek
  • Bailly
  • Greenwood

Out total: No idea. Let's say 100m - 125m

Ins:
  • Osimhen - 120m
  • Lavia - 35m
  • Ahmedhodzic/Scalvini/Bella Kotchap - 20m
  • Diogo Costa - 60m
  • Random backup goalkeeper - who cares
  • Frimpong - 30m

In total: 250m-300m

Net total: ~200m

I'm a firm believer in having 2 lineups. 1 capable backup per position that fits the system, don't overdo it with depth, fill the remainder of squad with young players who can be versatile and will be content with limited minutes.

Costa
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Eriksen
Antony Bruno Rashford
Osimhen

Backup
Frimpong Ahmedhodzic Lindelof Malacia
Lavia Fred
Amad Sancho Garnacho
Martial​

Pellistri, Mainoo, whoever else fills in some deeper depth, but many of these would be versatile at least where we can adequately cover any single injury.

Being realistic, that's about the max we could do even with qatari money. Address casemiro's partner and anything else next season. Without Qatari money, then keep de Gea another year, don't replace Wan Bissaka with Frimpong, and delay the goalkeeper, RB and casemiro partner until 2024.

Last edited: