g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

Reddevildans

Why is it whenever Chelsea have a new manager they suddenly become world beaters. I know its early but theyre looking great. Its almost predictable what happens to chelsea every season. They have been hugely successful with this hire and sack approach. Sari will probably get sacked next season when the inevitable fall occurs and then the new manager will suddenly lift the team again, winning trophies again.

el3mel

Why is it whenever Chelsea have a new manager they suddenly become world beaters. I know its early but theyre looking great. Its almost predictable what happens to chelsea every season. They have been hugely successful with this hire and sack approach. Sari will probably get sacked next season when the inevitable fall occurs and then the new manager will suddenly lift the team again, winning trophies again.
Their poor years mostly due to players downing the tools to get the manager out rather them being poor imo.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I bet you'd love to be us these past ‘yo-yo' years.
I wasn’t criticising, more of an observation.

Our game should be interesting. I hope we can try and get at your defence a bit.

Trizy

Looks like it's a fight between us, Arsenal and Spurs for 4th.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Hope the Europa League hampers them.
Really hope Sarri rotates heavily for Europa, if the likes of Alonso Haz, Jorgi, Kante, Azpi, Rudi start playing Europa, we are doomed in the league imo with the matches being on thursday!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
It's frustrating to see that.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Its so easy to write them off, because half the time they look in complete turmoil and look utter wank, its just the other half of the time they look incredible.
They've got fantastic full backs; a well-balanced midfield and in my opinion the best player in the league in Hazard. If its not going to be us, which seems likely, I hope its them to win it this season.
It's a Chelsea thing. We're either winning the league or finishing 10th. Hey it makes the premier league more fun. Can't have us winning it consistently now :)

Such a yo-yo club.
Yea 16 trophies in those yo-yo years. We just Yo-yo our self to trophies maybe you should tryi t sometime.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Really hope Sarri rotates heavily for Europa, if the likes of Alonso Haz, Jorgi, Kante, Azpi, Rudi start playing Europa, we are doomed in the league imo with the matches being on thursday!
I am sure he will. I am confident we'll see Ampadu, Hudson-Odoi, Christensen, Zappa, Emerson, Morata, etc. I feel like Europa group stage is fairly weak and we should (on paper) win the group comfortably with our second string. That's not to sound arrogant, but our second string has a lot of quality still.

Sb_16

He said 3 months, he said 3 months, the twat. - Mark Corrigan™

ErranMorad

These feckers are going to win the league again, aren't they? No one enjoys the new manager bounce better than them.

Also, how strange is it that each new manager of ours requires a billions dollars and a completely new team before we they can implement their "style of play", but these cnuts go from park the bus Jose, to counter-attacking Conte to possession Sarri Ball pretty much seamlessly. Quite amazing to see that a team which has transition football drilled into them look so comfortable in possession under the new manager. We generally require 2 to 3 seasons (it doesn't happen then either; the manager gets fired) before the ghosts of the last manager can be exorcised.

Major

Supports
chelsea
I wasn’t criticising, more of an observation.

Our game should be interesting. I hope we can try and get at your defence a bit.
Yeah was in a bit of banter mode after the win. I also look forward to our games upcoming. Shuddering at the thought of Salah running in behind David Luiz and Alonso.
But your defence has also show some glimpses of vulnerability and a team with a very good attack came take advantage of that.
Regardless of results, its one game I know I'm going to enjoy watching.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Good this weekend, shaky start but after that we dominated the game.

In the first half Giroud had 2 good chances and we shouldve scored more in the game which is a good sign.

Think hazard is going to really step up a level this year, Sarri is the perfect manager to help him with this and now that we actually play as an attacking team he looks really happy.

We have a deep enough squad to cope with the fixture congestion IMO and will be interesting to see what happens but so far Sarri is doing an amazing job

Would love to see Christiansen start in europa this week as I still want to see him take the CB spot.

Judas

Open to offers
Rather them than City or Liverpool, especially if they continue playing football thats enjoyable to watch. Don't really feel much anger towards them these days.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Rather them than City or Liverpool, especially if they continue playing football thats enjoyable to watch. Don't really feel much anger towards them these days.
Is it because their iconic twat of a manager is no longer with them? :wenger::angel:

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Lol im sure we are just as worried about the scousers winning it as you lot, i know most chelsea fans dont expect us to challenge for the title this season as the gap was too quick to close in one window and barely a pre season with the first team, but we do have previous with italian managers and their first seasons here, the best thing for me about yesterday was the improvement in the amount of clear cut chances we made as opposed to a few of the previous games, the football is starting to look fantastic, still a bit shaky at the back but thats to be expected.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good this weekend, shaky start but after that we dominated the game.

In the first half Giroud had 2 good chances and we shouldve scored more in the game which is a good sign.

Think hazard is going to really step up a level this year, Sarri is the perfect manager to help him with this and now that we actually play as an attacking team he looks really happy.

We have a deep enough squad to cope with the fixture congestion IMO and will be interesting to see what happens but so far Sarri is doing an amazing job

Would love to see Christiansen start in europa this week as I still want to see him take the CB spot.
Do you have trust in Christensen? He seemed weak to me whenever I watched him. Would probably do well in a 3 CB formation but as 1 one of 2 CB's I think he'd get heavily exposed.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Do you have trust in Christensen? He seemed weak to me whenever I watched him. Would probably do well in a 3 CB formation but as 1 one of 2 CB's I think he'd get heavily exposed.
Most Chelsea fans tend to overrate Christensen. They desperately want our youth graduates to succeed in the first team and he's the first one in years to get the chance. That's why his costly mistakes last season when he was a starter were largely overlooked by the fanbase whereas someone like Luiz would have been crucified. I think AC's a good player technically but he struggles when facing physically intimidating forwards. I remember him having a really hard time against the likes of Rondon or Dzeko. Plus, he's a non-factor when it comes to set pieces at the other end, I believe he's yet to score a goal for the team.

NikkiCFC

Supports
Chelsea
Most Chelsea fans tend to overrate Christensen. They desperately want our youth graduates to succeed in the first team and he's the first one in years to get the chance. That's why his costly mistakes last season when he was a starter were largely overlooked by the fanbase whereas someone like Luiz would have been crucified. I think AC's a good player technically but he struggles when facing physically intimidating forwards. I remember him having a really hard time against the likes of Rondon or Dzeko. Plus, he's a non-factor when it comes to set pieces at the other end, I believe he's yet to score a goal for the team.
But still he is defensively better then Luiz. I see why Sarri wanted Rugani or Caldera, they would be great!
Anyway, still don't understand why we bought Kepa for 80m when Areola was available for 35m.

meamth

It's a Chelsea thing. We're either winning the league or finishing 10th. Hey it makes the premier league more fun. Can't have us winning it consistently now :)

Yea 16 trophies in those yo-yo years. We just Yo-yo our self to trophies maybe you should tryi t sometime.
Well that hurts, mate.

Alabaster Codify7

Sarri's got them flowing already, gutted. Dark horse for the title - personally, I think City and the Scum would ping 3-4 goals past them though. Not convinced with them at the back entirely and Sarri will just try attacking both of them leaving them exposed at the back.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
I really think Rudiger is a reliable CB for us and his pace is a big asset. Christensen probably plays it a bit safer with his passing but hes more intelligent than luiz on the pitch, i trust him defensively enough with Rudi as a partner.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Christensen is only 22, defensive mistakes will eventually be ironed out but he's got a good head on him, very composed, and tends to make good decisions. The problem is D. Luiz is a 31-year old still making rash decisions -- in lead up to Cardiff's goal yesterday, he was at fault.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Christensen is only 22, defensive mistakes will eventually be ironed out but he's got a good head on him, very composed, and tends to make good decisions. The problem is D. Luiz is a 31-year old still making rash decisions -- in lead up to Cardiff's goal yesterday, he was at fault.
Because he gave the foul away 45 yards from goal? Hazard gave the ball away first leading to a potential break, was it his fault too? Come on, since Neville made that playstation comment he's been a marked man in England. He's won the biggest trophies with us and in two other countries. Perfectly suited to playing out from the back in our system. Christensen needs to play too, Luiz has to start for the moment though. He's a great character to have in the dressing room too.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Because he gave the foul away 45 yards from goal? Hazard gave the ball away first leading to a potential break, was it his fault too? Come on, since Neville made that playstation comment he's been a marked man in England. He's won the biggest trophies with us and in two other countries. Perfectly suited to playing out from the back in our system. Christensen needs to play too, Luiz has to start for the moment though. He's a great character to have in the dressing room too.
Completely unnecessary foul, just randomly grabs the guys shirt. I mean you as a Chelsea fan should clearly know this is a common occurrence with him, strange decisions from him probably happen every match. Going forward, I like what he brings to this team offensively but is it really worth it if it costs us goals and points.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe Sarri will win his first trophy as a manager this season, but I doubt it. They are a less mature version of City, with a weaker squad and a less proven manager.
I think they'll finish 3rd at best even if Sarri does what he did with Napoli last season and limp out of the cups to concentrate on the league.

Kapardin

Maybe Sarri will win his first trophy as a manager this season, but I doubt it. They are a less mature version of City, with a weaker squad and a less proven manager.
I think they'll finish 3rd at best even if Sarri does what he did with Napoli last season and limp out of the cups to concentrate on the league.
It's all about Hazard. They are incredibly reliant on him for goals. If he hits a lean patch, they will struggle. Perhaps they might bring in some attacking reinforcements in January.

That midfield works in other ways for now, but how long is a completely non-scoring midfield sustainable when you only have one world class forward in the team? That's really their main weakness.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
It's all about Hazard. They are incredibly reliant on him for goals. If he hits a lean patch, they will struggle. Perhaps they might bring in some attacking reinforcements in January.

That midfield works in other ways for now, but how long is a completely non-scoring midfield sustainable when you only have one world class forward in the team? That's really their main weakness.
...and that too. Although Sarri was able to get more output from the likes of Mertens and Callejon after Higuain left, so we can expect players like Willian or Pedro to increase their usual outputs.

RoyH1

Sarri is a fantastic manager. I thought it would take him longer to adapt to the Premiership, but no, he’s doing just fine.

And Hazard is class. Pains me to say it, but much better than any player we have.

AndyJ1985

They are already playing good football and you can see what the new manager is implementing. Why is it only our club that must wait months or even seasons for a manager to rebuild an entirely new team and implement a new system, when other managers seem able to improve with what they have?

cyberman

They are already playing good football and you can see what the new manager is implementing. Why is it only our club that must wait months or even seasons for a manager to rebuild an entirely new team and implement a new system, when other managers seem able to improve with what they have?
We looked more impressive this time last year than Chelsea do now!
Wait until the season progresses as their non Hazard forwards lets them down to see how much rebuilding they have to do.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
We looked more impressive this time last year than Chelsea do now!
Wait until the season progresses as their non Hazard forwards lets them down to see how much rebuilding they have to do.
You drew 2-2 to Stoke in your 4th game last year?

Anyway I don't think we will be able to win it this year if City sustain anywhere near the standard there capable of. Liverpool look solid and would expect them to edge us over the course of the season, but we have winners in our team that have been there and done these things and Liverpool do not, ultimately they have the better squad though and have had a lot longer to adjust to Klopps tactics.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

We’re 5 matches in and two of our midfielders have already scored..

Also Pedro already has 3 in 5.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea

So far Pedro, Hazard,Morata,Kante,Willian,Joriginho, Rudiger(Header i think) has already scored for us. Also This is Hazards 2nd match starting. How are we reliant on him again?

Edit: ALONSO!!!!

Last edited:

Major

Supports
chelsea
We’re 5 matches in and two of our midfielders have already scored..

Also Pedro already has 3 in 5.
Apparently our strikers aren't bundling home goals with their torsos so we'd struggle to score.
Makes sense.

Major

Supports
chelsea
So far Pedro, Hazard,Morata,Kante,Willian,Joriginho, Rudiger(Header i think) has already scored for us. Also This is Hazards 2nd match starting. How are we reliant on him again?
You forgot Alonso!! Never forget Alonso!!

LolYo

Look more convicing each game. Really love the Kovacic-Hazard partnership on the left. They will wreck havoc game in game out.

cyberman

You drew 2-2 to Stoke in your 4th game last year?

Anyway I don't think we will be able to win it this year if City sustain anywhere near the standard there capable of. Liverpool look solid and would expect them to edge us over the course of the season, but we have winners in our team that have been there and done these things and Liverpool do not, ultimately they have the better squad though and have had a lot longer to adjust to Klopps tactics.
We won 10 out of our first 11 games, averaging 3 goals a game. Martial and Rashford on fire, Lukakau scoring in almost every game with Matic helping Pogba run riot.
Then Paul got injured and that was that for a while. My point is there's nothing to be learned over such a short period of time.