Chelsea 2020/21 - General discussion

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It is not known which of the players have tested positive. The Telegraph report that six players have the virus and a further two are quarantining because of close contact with those affected.

Its the Telegraph no?
I can't see that article as it's behind a paywall. Is it saying six Chelsea players have Covid?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Malang Sarr signs officially on a 5 year deal, going on loan this season. Personally I found this stat interesting:

Just missing the one from the set now!

Sigma

I can't see that article as it's behind a paywall. Is it saying six Chelsea players have Covid?
'There are six players who are understood to have the virus and a further two who are quarantining because of close contact with those affected. Telegraph Sport is not naming which six have the virus.'

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Interesting, thanks. Totally different from what I've heard.

Strange that they're keeping it secret this time when we went public when CHO had it.
You didn't originally...

TheLord

If it's a choice of me or The Sun, always believe me.

We'll see though on Monday, when Tammy and Mount join up with the England squad.
I took your word because it was just the Daily Mail reporting, but now it is the Telegraph and a few others too!

::sonny::

They just let a 33-year-old Willian go for nothing. Why would they spend so much on a 37-year-old?
:lol:

I’m old now but good, In the 90’s with a bit of luck and in other circumstances I could have signed for Cesena (italian serie b/c)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Surely they have to jettison some of that squad. There must be over 35 first-teamers not including Havertz and Sarr? I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Drinkwater who followed the money and paid the price. Should have stayed at Leicester.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Surely they have to jettison some of that squad. There must be over 35 first-teamers not including Havertz and Sarr? I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Drinkwater who followed the money and paid the price. Should have stayed at Leicester.
We'll send a ton out on loan as usual. Window does not close for a while.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Two less words and no emoji away from the most insightful post you've ever made!
Keep coming up with more dumb stuff, not surprising. Now any moment we will see City fans saying how great City owners are for giving away few free stuff.

ManUtd did all that, barely anyone praised Glazers, instead praised club. Chelsea fans desperation to praise Roman is hilarious.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Keep coming up with more dumb stuff, not surprising. Now any moment we will see City fans saying how great City owners are for giving away few free stuff.

ManUtd did all that, barely anyone praised Glazers, instead praised club. Chelsea fans desperation to praise Roman is hilarious.
To be fair, it’s just a random Chelsea fan on Twitter saying they are proud, not widespread media coverage. And United got plenty of good coverage during the lockdown for similar acts. I don’t think there’s anything contentious here.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Wow I've hit a nerve *yikes*

roonster09

Scout
To be fair, it’s just a random Chelsea fan on Twitter saying they are proud, not widespread media coverage. And United got plenty of good coverage during the lockdown for similar acts. I don’t think there’s anything contentious here.
Yeah Manutd got good coverage, not Glazers. That's the point im making. These Chelsea fans are desperate to paint Roman as some sort of saint.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah Manutd got good coverage, not Glazers. That's the point im making. These Chelsea fans are desperate to paint Roman as some sort of saint.
Yeah, but modern Chelsea are synonymous with Roman, and their success is tied to him. In comparison, United are weighed down by the Glazers and they take out of the club as opposed to contributing. In that context, it’s understandable that we don’t see similar Tweets from United fans praising our owners.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah, but modern Chelsea are synonymous with Roman, and their success is tied to him. In comparison, United are weighed down by the Glazers and they take out of the club as opposed to contributing. In that context, it’s understandable that we don’t see similar Tweets from United fans praising our owners.
Yeah, that's why I said next we will see tweets on how great City owners are when and when Newcastle take over is completed, we will see how great MBS is.

Chelsea did really well though in the tough times, they deserve credit for that unlike clubs like Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal who tried to take advantage of the situation.

red4ever 79

Sarr is going on loan to Leverkusen. But yes there would have to be outgoings you would think. Dont know the Chelsea squad so well. Is Barkley wanted? Giroud? Dont know.

Have to admire their transfer business, players they have targeted and the speed in which they have reacted.

TheLord

I was amazed by the Sarr deal. To be honest, I had never heard of the guy's name before, but how can a club convince a "fairly established" player to sign for free when the sole purpose of signing him is to loan him out immediately?

Buy a player for free, have his wages paid by someone else, and then sell the player for a huge profit in a few years time. That's like minting money in your board room.

Mindboggling.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

They are one GK away from an excellent window (assuming Havertz is done). Not sure if they can challenge for title but top 4 (and 3rd place if we don't sign anyone) should be guaranteed for them.

Zlatattack

Hiyech, Werner, Havertz, Chilwell, Sarr, Silva.

Feck me, they're in FIFA mode. Good on them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If anyone is going to trouble the top 2 from the chasing pack it will be them but I still think they will be 3rd at best come May.

Right now I think Liverpool will retain the title but if City land Messi then I'd go for them to win it back.

Chelsea 3rd and United, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves going for 4th. However if Woodward comes through with a big signing or two then we may still have a chance at 3rd too.