Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
The most sensitive point will be filling the absence of Chilwell, who was being super important.
I don't really get this, Alonso seems to get an absurd amount of goals and assists. He's not as fast as Chilwell but in a back 3 I don't think that should matter all that much.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I don't really get this, Alonso seems to get an absurd amount of goals and assists. He's not as fast as Chilwell but in a back 3 I don't think that should matter all that much.
Alonso is a very hot and cold player whilst Chilwell is consistently good. When Alonso is bad, he is horribly bad.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The lord giveth, the lord taketh away.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is a real kick in the nuts. We really need one of the three back and fully fit to help turn around his bad run of form.
Yep. We really need him back asap. Jorginho is playing through injury, when he should be resting, which is doing more harm than good right now, because Kante and Kovacic are unavailable.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
6 goals conceded in 2 games.
Losing the lead in two competitions in 2 games.

Absolute chaos, between injuries, players out of shape and many unfocused players.

Of 6 CB's 4 end contract this summer, the only ones who are not in that situation are Chalobah and Sarr, someone has to take responsibility for this time bomb!

There are players who cannot wear this shirt once again.

I don't believe we're going to lose Rudiger and we can face Real Madrid with Rudiger already signed by them.

Marina what are you doing?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't believe we're going to lose Rudiger and we can face Real Madrid with Rudiger already signed by them.

Marina what are you doing?
Costa knocked us out when it was an open secret he was as good as ours the following season.

Players are professional, if anything he'll want to put on a show for them.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
In yesterday's Women's Champions League match between Chelsea and Juventus some bellend ran onto the pitch and started trying to take selfies with the players. Unfortunately for him it didn't go down so well with Sam Kerr..

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel confirms he used the Zenit game to experiment with some new ideas.
‘Reecey will start as a wing-back. We will find another consolation. He helped us out. We took the match to see some things, because imagine if something happens tomorrow to Jorgi and we need to have a solution, and we wanted to see it in real life.
‘We took the match in Zenit to check out Saul in a different position and Reecey for impact in the middle of the pitch. But there is no need tomorrow to try these things. He [James] will start as a wing-back.’

SambaBoy

Surprised she's not getting more stick for that. He only looks like a kid (?) and she basically smashed him to the floor but is being praised for it?

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Surprised she's not getting more stick for that. He only looks like a kid (?) and she basically smashed him to the floor but is being praised for it?
Men are stronger physically.

But still he looks underage though, Sam Kerr (according to wikipedia) is 1.67cm tall, and the kid looks as tall as her, even a bit shorter.
She shouldn't be praised for smashing,an apparently, underage kid who wasn't harming anybody...she is 28.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
A lot of revisionism going on around Tuchel.

Far from his tenure being a totally glorious success, we bottled last game last year v Villa and the Cup Final v Leicester.

Only beating City in CL and Spurs doing us a favour... saved last season. Small margins.

We've certainly improved our PPG in the league, need to temper expectations. The likes of Pep and Klopp have had years to mould their teams.

We can't reasonably expect to finish above them. Cups can maybe be another story again.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Far from his tenure being a totally glorious success, we bottled last game last year v Villa and the Cup Final v Leicester.

Only beating City in CL and Spurs doing us a favour... saved last season. Small margins.

We've certainly improved our PPG in the league, need to temper expectations. The likes of Pep and Klopp have had years to mould their teams.

We can't reasonably expect to finish above them. Cups can maybe be another story again.
If we finish 3rd but within a much tighter margin of the leaders than previously, I'll be content with the season. The CL last year plus the great start to this season have set expectations higher than they probably should be. Great bunch of lads but still young and still forming together as a team. The CB situation is also a black cloud.

Hitsu

Supports
Chelsea
Snuck out the win against Leeds but the injuries are definitely catching up. Hopefully Kovacic is back and hits the ground running next match.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If we get through December within 3 of the top, it will be a good month. These midfield injuries are killing us.

TheReligion

Abusive
Men are stronger physically.

But still he looks underage though, Sam Kerr (according to wikipedia) is 1.67cm tall, and the kid looks as tall as her, even a bit shorter.
She shouldn't be praised for smashing,an apparently, underage kid who wasn't harming anybody...she is 28.
Yes it's bizarre isn't it. Being praised for assaulting someone. Imagine if a male footballer did the same to a female pitch invader.

21st century values.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Yes it's bizarre isn't it. Being praised for assaulting someone. Imagine if a male footballer did the same to a female pitch invader.

21st century values.
I would salute the guy who did this too during covid. If someone random on the street creeped up on me and tried to take a selfie without my consent I'd chin them. Although why they would do this to me is a mystery.

TheReligion

Abusive
I would salute the guy who did this too during covid. If someone random on the street creeped up on me and tried to take a selfie without my consent I'd chin them. Although why they would do this to me is a mystery.
That's a strange take on things if I'm honest. You'd chin someone for trying to take a selfie with you?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
That's a strange take on things if I'm honest. You'd chin someone for trying to take a selfie with you?
Yes. I live with someone who is very vunerable and it would be frankly a disaster if they caught covid. When I leave the house for walks I don't ever go into shops/buildings and do everything I can possibly do to avoid contact with others. It would just be my natural reaction as I would be so so angry if that happened.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes. I live with someone who is very vunerable and it would be frankly a disaster if they caught covid. When I leave the house for walks I don't ever go into shops/buildings and do everything I can possibly do to avoid contact with others. It would just be my natural reaction as I would be so so angry if that happened.
I understand that but it doesn't mean it's acceptable nor does it mean you'd not get in the shit for it.

Anyway a professional footballer simply can't act like that sadly. Goes with the job and representing the club.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I understand that but it doesn't mean it's acceptable nor does it mean you'd not get in the shit for it.

Anyway a professional footballer simply can't act like that sadly. Goes with the job and representing the club.
I'd still do it and I'd salute whoever did it as well. feck people who endanger you for their own pleasure.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd still do it and I'd salute whoever did it as well. feck people who endanger you for their own pleasure.
If you went around beating people up who didn't adhere to social distancing you'd have sore knuckles and a long criminal record.

Anyway she's a professional athlete and should know better. Nothing to get excited about and if the roles were reversed there would be an uproar.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
If you went around beating people up who didn't adhere to social distancing you'd have sore knuckles and a long criminal record.

Anyway she's a professional athlete and should know better. Nothing to get excited about and if the roles were reversed there would be an uproar.
:nervous:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

We were what 9th when Tuchel took over? The fact we had top 4 to bottle in itself was testiment to the work he did that season. Also the fact we had a cup final was because we beat City which we weren't in a million years doing under Frank (assuming we even got past SHU or even Barnsley), although granted he made a massive mistake starting Kepa in that one.

Not saying he's been perfect all the way and I'm currently pissed he's dropped Hudson Odoi after all the momentum he built in the Autumn but that is a very harsh take.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

21st century values.
Probably because the difference in strength is significantly bigger between a male professional athlete and a casual female fan than between a female athlete and a male fan?

Also, willing to bet what you want that you'd applaude if she wore a United shirt. The casual tribalism here is so cringeworthy.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Seeing a male pitch invader get shoved onto the grass by a 5'6" woman is funny.

If Rudiger did exactly the same it'd still be funny, maybe even more so. You play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

Maybe I'm a sicko, I also loved it when Eden Hazard booted that timewasting ballboy.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Maybe I'm a sicko, I also loved it when Eden Hazard booted that timewasting ballboy.
Me too, especially after I found out that 17 year old man-sized 'boy' had been bragging on social media before the game about how he was going to time waste.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Seeing a male pitch invader get shoved onto the grass by a 5'6" woman is funny.

If Rudiger did exactly the same it'd still be funny, maybe even more so. You play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

100% agree on all. Fans need to respect players and the game they claim to love, I can understand a player who wants to win gets annoyed at fans disrupting the game.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We were what 9th when Tuchel took over? The fact we had top 4 to bottle in itself was testiment to the work he did that season. Also the fact we had a cup final was because we beat City which we weren't in a million years doing under Frank (assuming we even got past SHU or even Barnsley), although granted he made a massive mistake starting Kepa in that one.

Not saying he's been perfect all the way and I'm currently pissed he's dropped Hudson Odoi after all the momentum he built in the Autumn but that is a very harsh take.
Just saying the way the media talk about us it's like we've been on an Imperious march to glory since Tuchel took over. It's not true at all though. Huge ups and downs, last season being a success just hinged on tiny margins in the end.

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably because the difference in strength is significantly bigger between a male professional athlete and a casual female fan than between a female athlete and a male fan?

Also, willing to bet what you want that you'd applaude if she wore a United shirt. The casual tribalism here is so cringeworthy.
So you should judge right and wrong based on people's levels of strength and gender? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.