Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

I think they're catchable over the next 10 games if we get our act together

TheReligion

Abusive
That's an analogy to show why "wrong is wrong" is an asinine statement.

Judi Dench v Deontay Wilder is my analogy to show why strength and gender does matter in terms of how physical interaction is widely judged.
And it's a ridiculous one in the context of what is being discussed unfortunately. Nothing alike!

My point was it doesn't change what is right and what is wrong.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I am going to miss Rudiger. He's a bastard, a warrior type; and under Tuchel has been in the top 3 CB in the league IMO.

Seems to me someone has been in Christensen's ear, too. He was all set to renew but suddenly hasnt... Barcelona heavily linked. Big losses those 2 will be. [if AC does go]. They'll need replacing. Kounde probably

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
100% agree on all. Fans need to respect players and the game they claim to love, I can understand a player who wants to win gets annoyed at fans disrupting the game.
And it was a quite harmless body check. I could understand a bit of outrage if she performed a two footed sliding tackle or something like that, as that really is dangerous.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He shouldn't have run onto the pitch like an absolute knob. His own fault. No one complains when the security at matches rugby tackle the female pitch invaders when there have been some.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The problem here is that dickhead wandering around the pitch and taking the piss in the first place. Him then being clattered in such a beautiful manner is pretty much poetic justice.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Sadly we also have to take part in that stupid, worthless, shit, pathetic Club World Cup nonsense. What an absolute waste of time. I'd love the club to not take part, its such a bullshit tournament

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Tuchel clearly hasn’t got the memo that elite football management is about making friends, ‘pashun’ and expressing yourself.

That is class. So funny to see people in here whining about a guy thinking it’s ok to invade a professional football match to TAKE PICTURES of the women and then getting his dumb privileged ass put on the floor:lol:

Kerr got a yellow card for that. She should also win Sports Personality of the Year for that.

She also did this a few days ago...
Great goal, reminds me of one of Rooney’s chips he used to do.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
And it was a quite harmless body check. I could understand a bit of outrage if she performed a two footed sliding tackle or something like that, as that really is dangerous.
Yea, it's nothing to be outraged about. The only culprit is the moron who invaded the pitch.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
That’s 1/4 of the season. That’s a lot. If you couldn’t close the gap in that time I’d be worried.
We are going through a difficult patch but it won’t last forever so times ticking.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So you should judge right and wrong based on people's levels of strength and gender? Interesting.

No, right and wrong should obviously be based on how the involved people are linked to Manchester United FC. Everybody knows that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Just saying the way the media talk about us it's like we've been on an Imperious march to glory since Tuchel took over. It's not true at all though. Huge ups and downs, last season being a success just hinged on tiny margins in the end.
I wouldn't really say it did, the UCL was about as comfortable a win as you can get in such a competition and I would say his league efforts were good even if we did fall out of top 4 (like I said the fact it even became a possibility again was thanks to Tuchel).

criticalanalysis

Surprised she's not getting more stick for that. He only looks like a kid (?) and she basically smashed him to the floor but is being praised for it?
Men are stronger physically.

But still he looks underage though, Sam Kerr (according to wikipedia) is 1.67cm tall, and the kid looks as tall as her, even a bit shorter.
She shouldn't be praised for smashing,an apparently, underage kid who wasn't harming anybody...she is 28.
100% agree, he could have been killed!

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
100% agree, he could have been killed!
No he couldn't, but the tackle was unnecessary, he was already leaving the pitch ffs...plus kid looked like a high schooler.

Well, considering USA female senior team lost to U-16 boys teams.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
You gotta love how far a big bag of Roubles can go at UEFA HQ.

always_hoping

"Chelsea are the jammiest, luckiest gits in Cup draws."

Pat Nevin reaction to the Champions League draw and Chelsea getting Lille twice

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
"Chelsea are the jammiest, luckiest gits in Cup draws."

Pat Nevin reaction to the Champions League draw and Chelsea getting Lille twice
Pat Nevin doesn't know what he's talking about. The same Pat Nevin in 2015 was "astonished" and surprised Eden Hazard was statistically a much better dribbler than David Silva. That sums Pat Nevin up.
If you read the thread we have rarely got easy Champions league knock out games.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If you read the thread we have rarely got easy Champions league knock out games.
Yep and it was just as tedious when some of our fans kept claiming conspiracy when we kept getting the worst possible draw for a while.

Shit happens.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not sure. They have a massive injury list at the moment but are apparently due quite a few back soon. Losing Chilwell, Kovacic and Kante, whilst having to play, apprantly semi-fit, Jorginho and Alonso would hit any team.

For me, I am slightly amazed they've been able to still eke out the points. If they are able to keep in touching distance to the Dippers and City (say six points) by the end of Dec, I can still see them making it a three horse race.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kante and Kovacic back in training. Jorginho and Loftus-Cheek potentially replace them in the physio room. Half fit or not match fit Kovacic and Kante will now likely start vs Wolves.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Kante and Kovacic back in training. Jorginho and Loftus-Cheek potentially replace them in the physio room. Half fit or not match fit Kovacic and Kante will now likely start vs Wolves.

In many ways Wolves and Villa are the worst type of teams to play away when we're in a rut like this, I could be wrong but I feel we never win these type of away games when our form is so so or worse.

Would genuinely feel more confident if we were facing Liverpool or City as our form often goes out of the window in the big ones.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In many ways Wolves and Villa are the worst type of teams to play away when we're in a rut like this, I could be wrong but I feel we never win these type of away games when our form is so so or worse.

Would genuinely feel more confident if we were facing Liverpool or City as our form often goes out of the window in the big ones.
I agree. We almost never win those types of games when we're in poor form. I looked at the schedule and lost the little bit of confidence I had left :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Postponement rejected this morning. More positive cases, too.

This will be an absolute slog today

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Postponement rejected this morning. More positive cases, too.

This will be an absolute slog today
Who is all out do we know?

And people were complaining when Arteta said we should have set rules or protocols when dealing with Covid cases and postponements, yet no-one seems to know what the criteria is for postponements.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Someone on twitter said it was Alonso, James and Jorginho but may not be true.

cyberman

This is a shit show. Would Chelsea’s huge squad be a factor here? It’s hard to say 7 is a lot when your squad is so packed

Status
Not open for further replies.