Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This is a shit show. Would Chelsea’s huge squad be a factor here? It’s hard to say 7 is a lot when your squad is so packed
Added to the Covid cases we have Kante and Kovacic who are barely fit, the latter of which literally just back from a battle with Covid himself and Chalobah also is only just back from an injury. Also only one wingback who's not really a wingback.

While the team will probably still look decent on paper we are very much up against it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Depends how strong Chelsea 11 is. I mean the one they had out other night should've beaten Everton about 4-0.

They're just not playing that well currently regardless of covid issues.

Would be hilarious though if you have to recall Danny Drinkwater in January. Pretty sure it was said yesterday Conor Gallagher loan to Palace was fixed for whole season otherwise he'd be a cert to be recalled.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Get some of the kids in. Harvey Vale for example.
I have no problems with that in theory. I just prefer to throw kids in the mix when the situation is a bit more optimal. Not during an injury/covid crisis with the team struggling for results.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah pretty much first choice backline and Wolves only actually scored one goal in their last 5 games (failed to score v Norwich and Burnley).

What's all this mass panic with Alonso at LWB all of a sudden? Didn't he play the first 10 games of season when Chelsea barely dropped a point and Chilwell was struggling for confidence?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah pretty much first choice backline and Wolves only actually scored one goal in their last 5 games (failed to score v Norwich and Burnley).

What's all this mass panic with Alonso at LWB all of a sudden? Didn't he play the first 10 games of season when Chelsea barely dropped a point and Chilwell was struggling for confidence?
Because he's struggling with an injury now. He's playing every day 3 days barely fit himself. Jorginho did the same for several weeks until he finally succumbed to the back pain.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel is not happy.

“People are worried because they were on the same bus and had the same dinner. Obviously it was not enough to postponement the match and we had to play but you cannot demand 100% focus otherwise it would be stupid to normally focus if you can do this without being calm. It was everything else but calm.

“Today in the morning at 0830 they knock on the door and have another test nobody knew about, so do we wake players up who want to sleep a bit longer? OK.

“I gave my opinion and you can do with it what you want. I can’t compare to other games, it is just our situation. It is not safe. We talk about protecting players and a safe environment but it is not safe. I would be not surprised if the next test shows up and we have more positives. How should it stop if we sit in the bus and have dinners and just stay together like nothing happened?

“I don’t care so much about the next games I just care about the next tests and the health of the players. Today we let Kovacic play 30 minutes one day after 10 days of Covid. We make him play, who takes responsibility for that? We have Kanté one training session, Chalobah with two training sessions and maybe another injury. It is like this. We need to keep on going if they say we need to keep going.”

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How good was Chalobah tonight? Really impressed with his progress this season. The fact that I sometimes forget this is his debut season at Chelsea is a real testament to how effortlessly he has slotted into the team and tonight he took an extra step forward.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
How good was Chalobah tonight? Really impressed with his progress this season. The fact that I sometimes forget this is his debut season at Chelsea is a real testament to how effortlessly he has slotted into the team and tonight he took an extra step forward.
Got away with one on Forss I thought but only seen it live at the game and unfortunately Forss was too honest - should have taken a leaf out of Pulsic's book and taken the contact and gone down for the pen. Apart from that he was good, unfortunately, shame didn't get to see how he'd have dealt with Toney and Mbuemo from the start - it might have been a different story.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
How good was Barkley tonight.. One out of ten..
Surely one of our youngsters can take his place, or we can try to sell him (again.)

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fans, if you had full control of our transfer dealings who would you sign and who would you sell in the next two windows? Obviously stick to reason on how much we can spend and who we could attract

For me i'd go (Some transfers are already agreed):

Out - Drinkwater (Free), Batshuayi (Free), Emerson (Free), Bakayoko £18m, Barkley £10m, Saul (Loan End), Gilmour (Loan)

In - Rice, Kounde, Gallagher (Loan return)

Contracts - Renew Silva, Rudiger, Christensen and Azpi (Silva will need replacing the following season)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Got away with one on Forss I thought but only seen it live at the game and unfortunately Forss was too honest - should have taken a leaf out of Pulsic's book and taken the contact and gone down for the pen. Apart from that he was good, unfortunately, shame didn't get to see how he'd have dealt with Toney and Mbuemo from the start - it might have been a different story.
I was more taking notice of how he was marshalling the defence and the midfield in front of him. I saw something different in him last night. It's like watching him learn and grow in real time. It's awesome. Of course playing against Toney is a difficult proposition for anyone and I'm glad we didn't because had those first half chances fallen to him it would have been game over before HT.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How good was Barkley tonight.. One out of ten..
Surely one of our youngsters can take his place, or we can try to sell him (again.)
If we want Newcastle to waste their money on him, we should just stop playing him and keep him out of sight until the window opens.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Musonda sat down with a couple of lads this week. Really interesting insight. I almost feel like when footballers have these chats with podcasters and youtubers you always get more out of it as the viewer than when they're being interviewed by actual journalists or pundits. These lads asked good questions and just let him talk.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

1 defeat in 17 but also just 2 wins in the last 7. It feels like we're in a bit of a crisis but in the grand scheme of things it's been 1 rather fluky defeat and a couple of really annoying draws. City putting together 8 straight wins has made our situation feel a lot worse than it is.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
1 defeat in 17 but also just 2 wins in the last 7. It feels like we're in a bit of a crisis but in the grand scheme of things it's been 1 rather fluky defeat and a couple of really annoying draws. City putting together 8 straight wins has made our situation feel a lot worse than it is.
Feels like that's the nature of the PL now though in recent seasons. Anything less than a win feels like a defeat with all the pressure at the top of the table.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fans, if you had full control of our transfer dealings who would you sign and who would you sell in the next two windows? Obviously stick to reason on how much we can spend and who we could attract

For me i'd go (Some transfers are already agreed):

Out - Drinkwater (Free), Batshuayi (Free), Emerson (Free), Bakayoko £18m, Barkley £10m, Saul (Loan End), Gilmour (Loan)

In - Rice, Kounde, Gallagher (Loan return)

Contracts - Renew Silva, Rudiger, Christensen and Azpi (Silva will need replacing the following season)
Why would Emerson and Batshuayi be leaving on a free?.

acnumber9

In those fixtures who would you expect Chelsea to lose to?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In those fixtures who would you expect Chelsea to lose to?
None but that's not how football works. We've seen City lose at home to Palace and United lose random games nobody expected them to lose. Anyway, the point was just looking at that, things aren't as dramatically terrible as it feels. As @Kentonio says, anything less than a win feels like a defeat when you're trying to keep pace with City and Liverpool, and those annoying draws has really sucked way too much optimism out of Chelsea fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.