Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Posting that rubbish about wages from an arsenal Twitter then disappearing. That was you wasn't it? Or have I got mixed up
I posted the tweet but it was Arsenal (mainly that fan posting the figures) I was trolling.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The issue i have with buying someone who can do this is that Tammy could already achieve it now. Why buy someone no better than who we have already in Abraham, Havertz or Werner.

If we go for a striker it has to be someone more prolific than our current options
To be fair. Abraham desires to leave. Hence your need for a new 9. Not even necessarily a starter like Haaland. For I think people have serious underestimated just how much Werner and Havertz are going to be infront of goal. Plus how much their supply will further improve as Ziyech gets in on the groove

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
They will most likely be challenging for the title
Yes we will most likely challenge for title but without addition of 15 goal a season striker we will most probably get 75-85 pts. If city get more than 90 pts I don't think any one can touch them let alone chelsea.

One scenario we can get above 90 pts is Werner and havertz provide 30 goal contributions then Chelsea can looking for 90 pts above.

Assuming chelsea defense able to show the consistency of last season.13 goals conceded in 19 games under tuchel. In that 13 goals, 5 came from one game while played with 10 men.And that West Brom team scored 5 against us got relegated too :lol: .

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Actually strange and very un-chelsea eqsue in the way they do business that they still haven't signed a striker. Tuchel is excellent but I'm not sure if he can do as well without a proper striker.

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Haaland, jokingly, asked a reporter if there is any news about him. Reporter replied “No......Chelsea are still at £150m” to which Haaland replied “No I'm not that worth”. Obviously there is debate as to whether he was saying is isn't worth that amount or he is worth more than that. I can't post media (heck post even has to be approved before seen) so if someone can get that on here it'll be nice.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Haaland, jokingly, asked a reporter if there is any news about him. Reporter replied “No......Chelsea are still at £150m” to which Haaland replied “No I'm not that worth”. Obviously there is debate as to whether he was saying is isn't worth that amount or he is worth more than that. I can't post media (heck post even has to be approved before seen) so if someone can get that on here it'll be nice.
I don't think there's any confusion about what he meant. In this context, he's clearly joking that he isn't worth that much.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Seriously Chelsea can you just get lost? :lol: Haaland wants to come and play with Sancho. Surely?!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seriously Chelsea can you just get lost? :lol: Haaland wants to come and play with Sancho. Surely?!
For what it's worth, if we don't pay over the odds to get him this summer, I don't think we'll get him next summer and my gut instinct tells me we won't commit £150m ( in transfer fees alone) to one single player.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For what it's worth, if we don't pay over the odds to get him this summer, I don't think we'll get him next summer and my gut instinct tells me we won't commit £150m ( in transfer fees alone) to one single player.
That does mean a lot, thank you. :lol:

romufc

If no one signs him this summer, its going to be one or Real, Juve or PSG next year.

The reason I say this is because we have seen what Railoa does, he pushes a transfer to a club he is getting most money from.
Couple years ago, it was Juve where he took De Ligt to when he wanted to go Barcelona and tried to get Pogba back there.

Now, its PSG, we see him push moves to clubs where he gets paid the most.

I doubt Chelsea or City will want to get involved with that. I can see him go Madrid to be honest.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know why but roman injected some 43 mn into club in June 30.Last financial year finished that date as a cycle of 2020/21.

So club try to take full advantage of present financial cycle to try some thing big. May be for haaland or some one else. Last season's cl money and pl money will add as present season financial income right?

Players sold by chelsea also mostly in present cycle.So chelsea calculatively added financial muscle to spend in this window in my opinion.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't know why but roman injected some 43 mn into club in June 30.Last financial year finished that date as a cycle of 2020/21.

So club try to take full advantage of present financial cycle to try some thing big. May be for haaland or some one else. Last season's cl money and pl money will add as present season financial income right?

Players sold by chelsea also mostly in present cycle.So chelsea calculatively added financial muscle to spend in this window in my opinion.
Interesting, hadn't heard that!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting, hadn't heard that!
I read it in official chat site. Instead of loan Direct cash injected through buying shares worth 20 pound per share worth the total amount dated 30 th June.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Huge blow in our mission for the net spend trophy.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If no one signs him this summer, its going to be one or Real, Juve or PSG next year.

The reason I say this is because we have seen what Railoa does, he pushes a transfer to a club he is getting most money from.
Couple years ago, it was Juve where he took De Ligt to when he wanted to go Barcelona and tried to get Pogba back there.

Now, its PSG, we see him push moves to clubs where he gets paid the most.

I doubt Chelsea or City will want to get involved with that. I can see him go Madrid to be honest.
Unless Real get Mbappe on a free. they wont be getting Haaland

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I take it the CB's here are Sterling, Baker (?) And Sarr? Interesting.

Kepa
Sterling Baker Sarr
CHO Drinkwater Gallagher Alonso
Ziyech Abraham Pulisic.
What is this. You mean Lewis Baker as center back. Very odd selection. Drinkwater other than Christiano promoted his name what he did anything useful. :lol: .Where is broja.

tomaldinho1

I posted the tweet but it was Arsenal (mainly that fan posting the figures) I was trolling.

I agree it's a silly way to present the info. If you do this for any transfer i.e. add up the wages as if it's a fee, they're all stupidly expensive. Pepe for example was what £70m, £140k p/w (googled but assume accurate (ish)) and a 5 year deal.

So £70,000,000 + £36,400,000 (140,000x52 then multiplied by 5) = £106,400,000

Reality is we should want our clubs to spend heavily because we, as fans, pay enough ourselves!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Baker played centre back in our first friendly.

Broja is on the bench, there will be almost 11 subs at halftime.
I don't know about it sorry. Really tuchel saw him as center back? He was one of highly rated AMs two footed. Strange to see him lined up to play as a center back.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I agree it's a silly way to present the info. If you do this for any transfer i.e. add up the wages as if it's a fee, they're all stupidly expensive. Pepe for example was what £70m, £140k p/w (googled but assume accurate (ish)) and a 5 year deal.

So £70,000,000 + £36,400,000 (140,000x52 then multiplied by 5) = £106,400,000

Reality is we should want our clubs to spend heavily because we, as fans, pay enough ourselves!
That's basically exactly how clubs calculate their transfers, with the cost then divided between the years of contract.

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/football-amortisation-chelseas-50m-luiz-profit/

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Tammy being Tammy in the first half. Should have scored three times. Broja in the second half. Pat Nevin announcing the game sounds like my drunk uncle that laughs at all his own thoughts that nobody can really understand.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tammy being Tammy in the first half. Should have scored three times. Broja in the second half. Pat Nevin announcing the game sounds like my drunk uncle that laughs at all his own thoughts that nobody can really understand.
Drinkwater was surprisingly good in the first half. He's always been a very good passer and he showed a lot of that. CHO was lively too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Broja has owned the second half. Great performance.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Broja, Drinkwater, Baba, CHO looked good and Pulisic fed Tammy but nothing from it. Broja needs to make the squad so far.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Broja has owned the second half. Great performance.
I don't know but watching Abraham and Werner for past one season for broja goal scoring ability comes naturally.I am sure last season Werner would have panicked after first touch and shoot straight at keeper. :lol:

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know but watching Abraham and Werner for past one season for broja goal scoring ability comes naturally.I am sure last season Werner would have panicked after first touch and shoot straight at keeper. :lol:
I don't know but I think you are Over exaggerating here. Broja panicked and need it to bounce off the defender to go in the net(not a knock on Broja he was our best player in the 2nd half). Pipe the Werner hate down a bit it's becoming obvious.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think the biggest missed opportunity was RLC. Tuchel has been impressed with him in training, but if he doesn’t show up in these preseason games, another year on loan.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
That guy must feel like one of the biggest PL idiots of all time. Should have stayed at Leicester. Fancy selling your footballing soul just to chase the money.
His own issues on a personal level are the reason he hasn’t succeeded anywhere since Leicester. He isn’t top tier but he is a decent squad player if he sorts himself out.

Actually strange and very un-chelsea eqsue in the way they do business that they still haven't signed a striker. Tuchel is excellent but I'm not sure if he can do as well without a proper striker.
Chelsea always do business privately. This CB news is pretty sudden to most people and Werner came out of nowhere too, he was supposedly heading to Liverpool. This is why I don’t believe any of the shite in the press. I also would like to point out, signing a big player takes a lot of time unless a club wants rid of them. If Haaland or whoever was done within a week I’d question what was wrong with the player. (No I don’t think we’ll get him).

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know but I think you are Over exaggerating here. Broja panicked and need it to bounce off the defender to go in the net(not a knock on Broja he was our best player in the 2nd half). Pipe the Werner hate down a bit it's becoming obvious.
I will be happier person if Werner become prolific goalscorer for Chelsea. Just rushed into everything he does in front of goal. He could easily score 20 goals if not panicked. I didn't look properly about broja s goal. Yes It came of from defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.