Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea not messing around with the quality of pre-season opponents. Arsenal before and now Spurs?
It's a pre season tournament for charity. Arsenal play at Spurs to round it off.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Wonder if Tuchel going to keep anyone unexpected with the first team squad from all those substitutes...? Kept scouts busy anyway. .

Glorio

It's a charity thing. All three sides are playing each other with ticket sales and stream fees going to a mental health charity.

Arsenal play Spurs on Sunday.

It's also pretty cool to see non-Chelsea/Spurs fans have bought the charity stream that are commenting in this thread. Fair play.
It's a pre season tournament for charity. Arsenal play at Spurs to round it off.
Thanks both - good on them, still serves the purpose of a good quality pre-season

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Even though I paid £7.99, I should have turned it off once they lined up all the deadwood to come in. Sarr has shown he will be loan army until sold, at least he is a free that generates pure profit.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Even though I paid £7.99, I should have turned it off once they lined up all the deadwood to come in. Sarr has shown he will be loan army until sold, at least he is a free that generates pure profit.
Chalobah looked promising more than sarr. I was bit shocked about sarr s weekly wages though probably calculated with signing on bonus too I believe.

edcunited1878

He's in a greater position with Chelsea to win the league than Ole or anyone else not named Pep/Ole.

The CL was a very nice and impressive achievement, however they've been a cup team the past few years and not really challenged for the PL title. If they get Lukaku, Chelsea should challenge a lot more than United to overtake City.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He's in a greater position with Chelsea to win the league than Ole or anyone else not named Pep/Ole.

The CL was a very nice and impressive achievement, however they've been a cup team the past few years and not really challenged for the PL title. If they get Lukaku, Chelsea should challenge a lot more than United to overtake City.
Chelsea board will expect challenge for league but also will be bit patient with tuchel in my opinion.

On board s request he got the closer look at fringe players and board too backed him with his decisions to allow player to go on loan or sold them.

Seems like tuchel will bank on attacking midfielders of pulisic,ziyech,mount,Cho and havertz to get the goals either we bring striker or not. He is genuinely looks happy how things going on with fitness of players and their work on the field.

Very contrasting to Jose and conte seasons after title wins. Pre-season games were bit underwhelming.Hazard fitness issues before start of those seasons were well documented.

At chelsea things will change pretty quickly but tuchel handling things very well so for.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Was 1 of the most bizarre transfers of recent times, certainly from Sarr's perspective anyway. Highly rated young defender, plenty of first team football already, available on a free, joins Chelsea just to become part of their loan army.

I could see the attraction for Chelsea, not for Sarr mind you, apparently from the bump in wages.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Was 1 of the most bizarre transfers of recent times, certainly from Sarr's perspective anyway. Highly rated young defender, plenty of first team football already, available on a free, joins Chelsea just to become part of their loan army.

I could see the attraction for Chelsea, not for Sarr mind you, apparently from the bump in wages.
I think his agent convinced him it would be good for his career and he would get a full look in preseason. I wanted him to be good and possibly develop. For an undersized CB, he does not really seem to have the instincts to make up for that lack of size. He would do very well in other leagues, the PL would punish him.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Assuming Lukaku and Kounde land there eventually, I make Chelsea title favorites over a Kane-less City.

I like the variety of Chelsea's options in each part of the pitch, they've got a good tactical system that other clubs still haven't figured out how to counteract, and I think the squad is just on an upswing in general and will be hungry to take the next step.

City even without Kane are still uber talented - certainly no less talented than Chelsea and probably a little bit more - but its just really hard to retain the Premier League title, which has only been done once in the last 12 years. The level of focus and intensity you need to bring your top game every week is just very hard to sustain over long, multi-year periods.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Recent reports suggest tuchel pressed for lukaku signing which is very good for Chelsea. Conversation between Lukaku and tuchel convinced him to join chelsea.

Atleast in that scenario tuchel already planned the way to play with Lukaku or tuchel felt lukaku will be a better fit for chelsea to maximise his ability.

Rumour also suggested Inter owner tried to stop the Lukaku sale because of fans' backlash.Fingers crossed.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Assuming Lukaku and Kounde land there eventually, I make Chelsea title favorites over a Kane-less City.

I like the variety of Chelsea's options in each part of the pitch, they've got a good tactical system that other clubs still haven't figured out how to counteract, and I think the squad is just on an upswing in general and will be hungry to take the next step.

City even without Kane are still uber talented - certainly no less talented than Chelsea and probably a little bit more - but its just really hard to retain the Premier League title, which has only been done once in the last 12 years. The level of focus and intensity you need to bring your top game every week is just very hard to sustain over long, multi-year periods.
Trevor Sinclair said similar this morning i think. If we signed Lukaku and the window shut tomorrow and everyone's squad was as they are now, assuming Lukaku is in ours, Chelsea are his favourites. Essentially he thinks its us or City, and Kane signing or not for them swings it either way.

I think the fee is mental for Lukaku, id go to about 70 myself, 80 at a push; but i am confident (as i was Werner...) that Lukaku will bag goals for us. He's pretty prolific wherever he has been, tbf to him. You have to admit Lukaku in our side last year on the end of some of Werner's misses, you'd have to think he'd have scored a fair few of those. He's way more prolific than people realise

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

I wouldn’t call us favorites, however, even without a defender we would be no more worse.

A striker is the prerogative.

Our defense under Tuchel was brilliant (besides WBA) and probably the best in Europe. Our attacking play was brilliant and it’s easy to forget just how many easy chances we missed. Had Werner been prolific we would probably have been the most potent team in Europe over the same period.

I have seen Man Utd fans thinking they’ll be a level above us with 2 new signings but honestly, if our form from last year continues and Lukakus form continues, he would put us above them on his own no question. City on the other hand, signed Grealish woo yay, nice. But I don’t see how he improves them over a fit De Bruyne. If they get a striker then sure they’ll still be favourites.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I wouldn’t call us favorites, however, even without a defender we would be no more worse.

A striker is the prerogative.

Our defense under Tuchel was brilliant (besides WBA) and probably the best in Europe. Our attacking play was brilliant and it’s easy to forget just how many easy chances we missed. Had Werner been prolific we would probably have been the most potent team in Europe over the same period.

I have seen Man Utd fans thinking they’ll be a level above us with 2 new signings but honestly, if our form from last year continues and Lukakus form continues, he would put us above them on his own no question. City on the other hand, signed Grealish woo yay, nice. But I don’t see how he improves them over a fit De Bruyne. If they get a striker then sure they’ll still be favourites.
You do realise Lukaku is the same player as before but has been beating up on teams in Serie A due to the lower quality.

I mean even 39 year old, one knee Zlatan is a top CF over there.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
You do realise Lukaku is the same player as before but has been beating up on teams in Serie A due to the lower quality.

Tbf, the state of defending in the PL ain’t all that great either. The only 3 legitimately impressive sides defensively last season were City, United, and post-Tuchel Chelsea.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

We shall see, but every decent pundit disagrees with you and feels Conte has really done something special with Lukaku. Highest conversation rate of any striker in Serie A. We shall see what Tuchel gets out of him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Tbf, the state of defending in the PL ain’t all that great either. The only 3 legitimately impressive sides defensively last season were City, United, and post-Tuchel Chelsea.
Tbf I thought we were mostly ok even under Frank when Silva and Mendy played.

Ironically it was the attacking tactics that done for Lamps in the end.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Still much better than Serie A when it comes to league quality.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
We shall see, but every decent pundit disagrees with you and feels Conte has really done something special with Lukaku. Highest conversation rate of any striker in Serie A. We shall see what Tuchel gets out of him.
Who are these pundits? Trevor Sinclair and Darren Bent? Right oracle's they are. Probably just done want most people on here do and have looked at his stats and think he is a new man because of it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If Tuchel uses and rotates him adequetely I'll be very confident with this signing, I'm just not convinced he will.

It could be a signing similar to Fabregas in that he helps us start killing off the lesser teams that got points against us the previous year but weakens us in the big games.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We might be without some of our best players for Super Cup?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
with Lukaku on board, I see Chelsea edging closer to a title challenge. Still need another midfielder, I feel..

tob

Chelsea's form since the later stage of last season, winning the CL and now signing the top striker they've been missing - surely the're on par with City for the title now.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Anybody got any clever ideas how Tuchel will use Werner from now on? With Lukaku coming in, surely he will very rarely start as a striker. He's shit on the wings imo so maybe he'll play directly behind Lukaku to feed him as he clearly can't finish himself?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Anybody got any clever ideas how Tuchel will use Werner from now on? With Lukaku coming in, surely he will very rarely start as a striker. He's shit on the wings imo so maybe he'll play directly behind Lukaku to feed him as he clearly can't finish himself?
Werner is a runner type of striker. He's best if he plays with someone who can hold the ball or striker who drops deep to open space for Werner. Lukaku shouldn't be used for that because drop deeper and relying his hold up play wouldn't play Lukaku's strength. Yeah sitting on the bench would be best for Werner. Havertz would be a much better partnership for Lukaku.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Werner is a runner type of striker. He's best if he plays with someone who can hold the ball or striker who drops deep to open space for Werner. Lukaku shouldn't be used for that because drop deeper and relying his hold up play wouldn't play Lukaku's strength. Yeah sitting on the bench would be best for Werner. Havertz would be a much better partnership for Lukaku.
yea I mean the thing is Werner himself was able to create lots of space last season which could be very helpful for Lukaku as well. Interesting how this will turn out as I'm sure Werner would never be satisfied with sitting on the bench. And pretty sure he gets the signal if Chelsea invest this amount of money into Lukaku.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Utd? At the risk of getting berated on a Utd forum, what made them so impressive defensively can I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.