Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hopefully they spend £100m on Lukaku. Will make my day and free us up for a Cavani replacement next summer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It'll be weird seeing Lukaku in Chelsea shirt. It's like you're going back in time.

Tony247

Chilwell, Werner, and Ziyech are all contributing. Not sure if people are actually watching Chelsea?
By contributing you mean playing? Yes, they are playing but have they strengthened your 11? I doubt.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
By contributing you mean playing? Yes, they are playing but have they strengthened your 11? I doubt.
Tuchel already averaging 2 points a game, so 76 over a full season and won the CL. What more do you want...?

Lukaku is my least preferred big name striking option.

Just a real dirth of good options.

He'll be much better than bobbins though, that is for sure.

Mr A seems to be rewarding Tuchel for the CL making sure we get someone in he wants.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £18m
Ugbo £5m (TBC)
Bate £1.5m
Simeu £1.5m
Livramento £5m (TBC)

Total £63m
Manchester United: £0
Our rivals seem to be able to do something we can't.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, Chelsea are the only one's selling regularly this window, & that's mostly L the highly rated youngsters.

Deadwood is a totally different matter, see how all other clubs including Chelsea are struggling to do that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
[/QUOTE]
Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £18m
Ugbo £5m (TBC)
Bate £1.5m
Simeu £1.5m
Livramento £5m (TBC)

Total £63m
It would be great if we could start adding deadwood to that list - 75% are currently players that have been at Chelsea since they were U10.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
It would be great if we could start adding deadwood to that list - 75% are currently players that have been at Chelsea since they were U10.
Agreed but i have a feeling we may be lucky to shift one or two, the rest will have to go out on loan or have their contracts expire at the end of the season

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Both sides going about as strong as possible for this friendly.

I have liked the look of Chalobah this pre-season. I hadn't followed his progress on loan, so the last time had seen him properly was in youth games. He's grown his game really well.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Lukaku gives you 70+ mil more than Ings
Hard to say, need see after a couple of seasons.

If Lukaku delivers and the trophies pile up he might be. We're getting him to challenge for the league.

That'll be the minimum expectation. Tuchel probably gets sacked if we're miles away, even if second. Other trophies could save him, not guaranteed though. If we're couple of points off he'd get another go obviously.

Don't see Ings being capable of lifting us to that level.

So the 70m can be worth it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ziyech goal (currently 1-0 up v Spurs)...

Also, Werner had a goal disallowed for offside and he was miles on! No VAR in friendlies of course.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Ziyech goal (currently 1-0 up v Spurs)...

Also, Werner had a goal disallowed for offside and he was miles on! No VAR in friendlies of course.
Good finish. Was looking to watch this but can't find it online anywhere.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Total control at the moment. The high intensity is good to see.

::sonny::

Because United don’t sell, extend every contract to the infinity (Tuanzebe the last one)

Chelsea would have sold him for 15/20 million

Pereira, Dalot etc will be extended like Grant, Bailly, Matic, Jones, Mata

Also Ashley Young when he reached the agreement with Inter, they tried to block the deal and extend his contract

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea looked lot fitter than what I hoped. That's really impressive.Pressing with high energy and tempo. Will be fully ready for super Cup in my opinion.

Start of the season we need that energy with tougher fixtures to cope with.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
From 2-0 to 2-2 after a host of subs. Good game this.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
6 goals in 35. The German Martial :wenger:
Nice you can read stats. Honestly people like you don’t actually watch football besides your own team. Werner actually contributes a hell of a lot to the build up play. I reckon he cut through teams more than any forward last season and even without the ball he moves the opposition back line. See Havertz goal in the CL final. If he can fix his radar he would easily be the scariest striker in the league

We haven’t strengthened our 11 yet no. But I’d like to add I think Varane will need a few games to get used to the pace of the PL, that boy has mistakes in him and I don’t see Sancho hitting it off right away either. You’ll be a slow starter like almost every season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We strengthened in the most important area 6 and a half months ago.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
and so is Marjoram or what's his name

got lucky once to get through 5 opponents and on goal with a few clumsy pirouettes, after coming on, and now feels like he's Maradona and giving off an entitled body language

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
and so is Marjoram or what's his name

got lucky once to get through 5 opponents and on goal with a few clumsy pirhouettes, after coming on, and now feels like he's Maradona and giving off an entitled body language
Alright body language expert. Let's let the teenagers enjoy the game maybe, without psycho analysing them.

Glorio

Chelsea not messing around with the quality of pre-season opponents. Arsenal before and now Spurs?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Alright body language expert. Let's let the teenagers enjoy the game maybe, without psycho analysing them.
Yeah he better enjoy it as he won't have very many more in a Chelsea shirt, by the looks of it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea not messing around with the quality of pre-season opponents. Arsenal before and now Spurs?
It's a charity thing. All three sides are playing each other with ticket sales and stream fees going to a mental health charity.

Arsenal play Spurs on Sunday.

It's also pretty cool to see non-Chelsea/Spurs fans have bought the charity stream that are commenting in this thread. Fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.