Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Can some Chelsea fan(s) give me their view on Ziyech? How do you rate him? How is he performing? Underwhelming/Overwhelming?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can some Chelsea fan(s) give me their view on Ziyech? How do you rate him? How is he performing? Underwhelming/Overwhelming?
Good player. Very underwhelming. He always has a goal in him and I personally quite like him but he's been off the pace too often. He always looks like s square peg in a round hole in Tuchel's system and features quite heavily in fan lists of players that we should probably try and sell.

Edit: I might add, he looks so much more at ease when we've played a back 4.

Last edited:

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
I've felt for a while that City have definitely done Chelsea better than Chelsea have

City are on for their 6th title in the last 10 years this season, Chelsea have 2 in that same period and only 5 PL titles overall since Abramovich came in

Chelsea obviously clean up in the cups very rarely going a season without some kind of trophy but they've never dominated the league like City have.
Dont Man City spend alot more money than we do?
And cheat FFP?.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
You have to suspect the Kounde deal is oven ready but still leaves the issue of Silva and Cesar
Kounde is a long term replacement for Azpi. If we play a back 4 Kounde will mainly play CB but he can also play RB if James is out.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Good result today but all the injuries have really fecked us. After all that time neck and neck with Liverpool we're now a point behind plus they have 2 games in hand, and that's with Salah away. Season is pretty fecked.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
It takes a while to build consistency in the league. It will come if Tuchel is given time. Still in all the cups that's where the focus should be on.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It takes a while to build consistency in the league. It will come if Tuchel is given time. Still in all the cups that's where the focus should be on.

Yep.

We've already won the Super Cup and The Best award. Winning the World Championship in a couple of weeks would be a nice way to get The Treble.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I've felt for a while that City have definitely done Chelsea better than Chelsea have

City are on for their 6th title in the last 10 years this season, Chelsea have 2 in that same period and only 5 PL titles overall since Abramovich came in

Chelsea obviously clean up in the cups very rarely going a season without some kind of trophy but they've never dominated the league like City have.
But, we had a very good United and Arsenal team to beat back then. Far easier now for City since United and Arsenal are non - factors.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Match of the day was a bit rubbish again, they never showed the potential sending off of the Spurs player, no mention at all..

Ludens the Red

Match day programme :lol:
What is with the incessant whining from Chelsea about the fixtures. When did they become Liverpool?
I can’t help but feel this might have been a factor in so many dropped points. Repeatedly playing the victim card, stressing how tired the players must be and how hard things have been. Just shut the feck up and get on with it.
Stockpiling players for years, abusing the loan market. Playing half of a first team at home to Cheltenham in the Fa Cup and having the cheek to bitch and complain.

RoyH1

Chelsea firmly establishing themselves as London's premier club. Arsenal might still have more fans according to some metrics, but its just a matter of time before Chelsea turns that around.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Chelsea firmly establishing themselves as London's premier club. Arsenal might still have more fans according to some metrics, but its just a matter of time before Chelsea turns that around.
Not sure. Arsenal have a lot of ethic minority supporters who have multi-generational support compared to a lot of other London clubs due to the hooligan issues they had between the 1970-90's.

Not so sure that is so easily overcome as just winning more (although it helps.)

duffer

Scout
Ah yes, because it wasn’t mentioned by Tuchel at any stage this or last month.
He has to do a press conferences before and media interviews after every game and is always asked about it. What's he gonna say? Nah, it's fine?

Every top manager moans about the fixture list. Don't make me dig up footage of Sir Alex doing it

Ludens the Red

He has to do a press conferences before and media interviews after every game and is always asked about it. What's he gonna say? Nah, it's fine?

Every top manager moans about the fixture list. Don't make me dig up footage of Sir Alex doing it
You what :lol: He was asked why Ziyech didn’t celebrate and he said because they were “tired”. He’s the one that’s been throwing in subtle little whinges about fixture list and being tired during interviews.
Everyone moans about fixtures yes but Tuchel and Chelsea have been playing victim for a month now. And I don’t think a club who stockpile players and abuse the loan market have a leg to stand on in that regard.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You what :lol: He was asked why Ziyech didn’t celebrate and he said because they were “tired”. He’s the one that’s been throwing in subtle little whinges about fixture list and being tired during interviews.
Everyone moans about fixtures yes but Tuchel and Chelsea have been playing victim for a month now. And I don’t think a club who stockpile players and abuse the loan market have a leg to stand on in that regard.
You keep saying this as if we don't have the same 25 man squad as everyone else.

duffer

Scout
You keep saying this as if we don't have the same 25 man squad as everyone else.
I see it all the time on here. I think people genuinely don't know there's a limit and Chelsea have the same number of available players as everyone else.

It was similar in the thread about the new loan restrictions coming in: "haha Chelsea are screwed". Clueless.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I see it all the time on here. I think people genuinely don't know there's a limit and Chelsea have the same number of available players as everyone else.

It was similar in the thread about the new loan restrictions coming in: "haha Chelsea are screwed". Clueless.
Also forgetting that we currently have 9 senior players out on loan while City have 14...

Under21's and club trained players are exempt from the rule... so a lot of the youth will still go on loan, it actually changes very little in relation to our current numbers. I also think until 2025, domestic loans are not included, its international loans in and out

So no, we are not "screwed" haha. Silly billys

Ludens the Red

I’m well aware of registration rules. Maybe you two don’t know the rules? Chelsea also stockpile players under the age of 21……

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
We can lose if we play the kids. Would be happy to do that.
Club world cup does not mean anything compared to PL, CL, FA or League Cup.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We can lose if we play the kids. Would be happy to do that.
Club world cup does not mean anything compared to PL, CL, FA or League Cup.
If it was a straight choice I'd honestly want to win the CWC over the Carabao Cup.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The club has not won it. that is the big draw for me.
Me too. We have an amazing spread of cups, and I love that we're one of the very few teams to have the European collection. Would be great to add this one too. I'd actually like to add the new crap euro one at some point too if we have a shit season, just for completionism. :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If it was a straight choice I'd honestly want to win the CWC over the Carabao Cup.
both shite. One is a tournament of domestic clubs primarily playing youth, and barely caring one iota until the final, and even then they still think "meh"

The other, is a glorified friendly tournament. Which if i had my way, would be completely scrapped. I always remember Paul Scholes saying he values his badminton trophies more than the CWC stuff

For me, the CWC is down there with the carabao, community shield, and all those other pre-season friendly comps - pointless

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I remember David Luiz balling his eyes out when Chelsea lost last time

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The South Americans take it really seriously.

We may be playing him this time, I think it was him against Ramires in the Copa Libertadores final but not sure who won.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That’s because it’s THE trophy to win here in Brazil. Palmeiras are relentlessly mocked because they don’t have a “mundial”. It is the very peak for them. The pinnacle trophy of football and when they speak of their team’s history, that is what they value most.

David Luíz was genuinely gutted because he probably grew up dreaming of winning it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The South Americans take it really seriously.

We may be playing him this time, I think it was him against Ramires in the Copa Libertadores final but not sure who won.
Their sides played in the final, but Ramires left a couple years ago having signed back with Palmeiras after his sojourn in China. Palmeiras won the cup, so we aren't facing any alumni.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Which legend at the club thought it would be wise to have him posing in that shirt :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.