Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Romano saying Chelsea tried to hijack Richarlison from Spurs..

Perhaps bad news on Raphinha?
It is a bit overblown. Tuchel Called Richarlison to talk about his interest in Everton or Chelsea. For me, an attempted hijack is an offer. Not really sure what everyone else’s idea of hijacking a deal is?

cyberman

It is a bit overblown. Tuchel Called Richarlison to talk about his interest in Everton or Chelsea. For me, an attempted hijack is an offer. Not really sure what everyone else’s idea of hijacking a deal is?
But there’s no point in trying to hijack a transfer without knowing if the player is willing to join?

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s also a bit odd. Dembele, Sterling, Raphinha and Richarlison?

Doesn’t seem to be much of a plan?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Two wingers and a striker? Tuchel did say a rebuild. It will be interesting to see how much Boehly will spend, but seeing that Boehly is making all the calls, he could decided more than £200M.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Boehly seems to be playing real life Football Manager, hijacking deals, offering trades everywhere, guys on one!

cyberman

Boehly seems to be playing real life Football Manager, hijacking deals, offering trades everywhere, guys on one!
It’s a bit worrying at the same time imo. Did all of the scouting reports for lesser known players get taken when they went into administration?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Are Chelsea really going to sign Ake? That’s the rumor that really puzzled me.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
At the moment I’m wondering if we’re going to sign anyone. :lol::nervous:

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I hope not as I don’t think Ake is the solution. We need a couple of cast iron world class starters at CB, Ake is a good squad player but nothing more. Besides we have young talent that can fill the squad roles anyway.

We sold him for £20m, if we pay anymore than £30m to replace Christensen‘s slot we’re making a big error in my eyes

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I suspect Raphinha deal is off, hence the enquiry about Richarlison price.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I would absolutely call that an attempted hijack.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I suppose I could see the logic there but I just don't see him as player that is good enough to be a regular starter at Chelsea. He's better than Sarr, so that's something at least, but so is Colwill. I'd prefer to get Koulibaly for the LCB and then Kounde or De Ligt (if the money isn't ridiculous).
Maybe/hopefully it's a sign there is a genuine plan for Colwill.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Of course, you got gazumped by a big club.
Barca and Real (and too an extent Milan when they're consistently winning) are simply on another galaxy to the rest when it comes to attracting players.

It's a problem for everyone not just us.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Barca and Real (and too an extent Milan when they're consistently winning) are simply on another galaxy to the rest when it comes to attracting players.

It's a problem for everyone not just us.
Who is us in that scenario :lol:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea

I genuinely worry that there isn’t much of a plan. Neymar, de ligt, dembele …. It looks like a transfer plan based on fifa from 3 years ago.
I know we were trying for the guy from Liverpools staff, but not having Marina and others there could make for an …. Interesting window.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

Tuchel clearly wanted to add pace. We seem to go after players with that profile. All have pace and trick. Any one from those will give us good variations to our attack.

TheReligion

Abusive
Tuchel clearly wanted to add pace. We seem to go after players with that profile. All have pace and trick. Any one from those will give us good variations to our attack.
Sure but it’s very unlike Chelsea. Usually your deals are very smooth and targeted. You’re making United look like masters here!

Guess it’s always going to be tricky with a new regime in and Toddy doing the work himself though.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sure but it’s very unlike Chelsea. Usually your deals are very smooth and targeted. You’re making United look like masters here!

Guess it’s always going to be tricky with a new regime in and Toddy doing the work himself though.
They've got Phillip Seymour Hoffman in charge now.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Considering who we have bought in the past three years, aside from a couple, we really needed a different strategy. Marina did everything quietly, but she still made a lot of approaches with player trades that wasted half the window and then we paid all money anyway.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

Yes it's very unlike chelsea but we seem to target multiple options that fit into profile we looking for. If we try to sign multiple players with various profile then that s a bit worry but look like tuchel hand in all this players we try to sign.

Probably tuchel gave his choices to boehly and boehly try to sign any of those. Of course we will fail in some but won't be that bad if we sign any one and better if two of those come to chelsea.

If two come in then we will offload one or two players from last season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes it's very unlike chelsea but we seem to target multiple options that fit into profile we looking for. If we try to sign multiple players with various profile then that s a bit worry but look like tuchel hand in all this players we try to sign.

Probably tuchel gave his choices to boehly and boehly try to sign any of those. Of course we will fail in some but won't be that bad if we sign any one and better if two of those come to chelsea.

If two come in then we will offload one or two players from last season.
Are you thinking it’s;

1) Dembele
2) Sterling
3) Raphinha
4) Richarlison

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Are you thinking it’s;

1) Dembele
2) Sterling
3) Raphinha
4) Richarlison
In order of preference for Tuchel personally that is probably right id guess. Suspect 2 will happen, and either 1 or 3. Barca unlikely to be able to afford to keep both unless Dembele drastically reduces wages. But whether they can match our Raphinha bid is another thing in itself

TheReligion

Abusive
In order of preference for Tuchel personally that is probably right id guess. Suspect 2 will happen, and either 1 or 3. Barca unlikely to be able to afford to keep both unless Dembele drastically reduces wages. But whether they can match our Raphinha bid is another thing in itself
The fact you were trying to hijack Richarlison suggests one of the other deals isn’t happening I think. Just a case of which one?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Are you thinking it’s;

1) Dembele
2) Sterling
3) Raphinha
4) Richarlison
Yes in attack. Pacy tricky players all of them. May not look like world beaters but will give us variety we lack last season in attack. Three of them are hard working but don't know about dembele and his work rate. But has pace and trick.

So any one or two will give us new look to our attack in movement and ability to beat with trick and pace.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
The amazing thing s that despite all the twitter hysteria, the transfer negotiations are plugging away.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
de Ligt + Aké would be decent as our 2 new CB’s but perhaps slightly underwhelming considering some of the other names we have been linked with.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
de Ligt + Aké would be decent as our 2 new CB’s but perhaps slightly underwhelming considering some of the other names we have been linked with.
I keep in perspective. Who do you want out there, Ake or Sarr?

I really am underwhelmed by Ake and honestly hope that Colwill shows he is better.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I keep in perspective. Who do you want out there, Ake or Sarr?

I really am underwhelmed by Ake and honestly hope that Colwill shows he is better.
Not underwhelmed by de Ligt but am with Aké. Unless we’re sticking with a back 3, then I’m fine with both.

My top choices in addition to de Ligt would be either Skriniar or Koundé.

Status
Not open for further replies.