Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I will judge it at the end of the window. Right now there are too many unknown variables in play.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
From Lukaku to Cristiano Ronalblue

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If we’re going to make a silly, I’ll advised signing I’d rather it be Neymar than CR7. At least Neymar has a few prime years left as he’s only 30 as well as having decent sell on value if it didn’t work out.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Gallagher and Broja I can see playing quite significant roles for us this season. Colwill I‘m less convinced. The lad is only 19 and it may be best for him to go out on loan and play every game again. Unless we can somehow get rid of that absolute turd Malang Sarr. With Thiago, Chalobah, and hopefully 2 new CB’s there just won’t be enough minutes to go around if Sarr and Colwill both stay.

I just don’t want a situation like last season where we’re 1 or 2 injuries away from disaster. Imagine if Chilwell re-injures that knee in match week 3 or something and misses significant time. Likewise if Reece gets injured again. The drop off to their current backups is colossal. And both of said backups want to go to Barca. So something has to be done in that area.
Sending Colwill on loan because we can’t shift Sarr is absurd. He should be the main rotational option to whoever we sign for LCB, if we stick a back 3. If it’s Ake, then they can share the position based on fitness and form.

Last season was an injury crisis. We’d be super unlucky if something like that happens again. In principle I think it’s silly to spend millions of back ups and squad fillers. The academy is more than capable of plugging any gaps people want to sign backups to fill. Would much rather put faith in Sterling as James’ backup than sign Jonathan Clauss for example. We have a great academy. Let’s use it and save ourselves from wasting millions on players who aren’t good enough to start at Chelsea. That way we know we do spend money it’s to improve/upgrade the starting 11.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If we’re going to make a silly, I’ll advised signing I’d rather it be Neymar than CR7. At least Neymar has a few prime years left as he’s only 30 as well as having decent sell on value if it didn’t work out.
CR7 is a scoring machine, but I could not see him do that switch. He is very concerned about his image and legacy. I would take a hard pass on Neymar. Injury prone now and toxic for the team and coach.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
CR7 is a scoring machine, but I could not see him do that switch. He is very concerned about his image and legacy. I would take a hard pass on Neymar. Injury prone now and toxic for the team and coach.
CR7 put a transfer request in and the Qataris want Neymar out.

If Tuchel OKs Neymar definitely go for it. Similar for CR7.

Both these guys have great numbers but also some serious negatives. If Tuchel thinks van manage those then ok.

No way try to get either if manager not ok with it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh ffs CR7 is not leaving is he? :( :mad: I love watching him play for his home club. PSG it is then, who else can pay him half a million per week? Not Chelsea anymore. City don't want him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ronaldo hasn’t put in a transfer request nor will United sell to Chelsea or a PL club.

Move along.
Have i missed something? There's not been a single post in this thread until Saturday!

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Have i missed something? There's not been a single post in this thread until Saturday!
50M + Kante ! Now move along ! :mad:
This could be the first friction test for the Boehly-Tuchel relationship. New owner wants to make a big splash while Tuchel just got rid of Lukaku.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently tuchel vetoed maatsen move to feyenoord. He wanted him to be a back up for lb/Lwb position.

Means Emerson will move on to Lazio as part of milinlovic-Savic deal but sarri also wants Ruben loftus-cheek as well.Talks going on.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently tuchel vetoed maatsen move to feyenoord. He wanted him to be a back up for lb/Lwb position.

Means Emerson will move on to Lazio as part of milinlovic-Savic deal but sarri also wants Ruben loftus-cheek as well.Talks going on.
If that's true, then it's great to see Tuchel sees what the fans see. Maatsen as Chilwell's understudy makes so much sense. Not so sure a move for SMS makes as much sense though.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yes! Some of your fans are dreaming about signing Ronaldo. Look up…
Have they hijacked a CR7 thread? Because no ones mentioned it on this one and i would say the opinions on Chelsea forums are atleast 90% against.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Have they hijacked a CR7 thread? Because no ones mentioned it on this one and i would say the opinions on Chelsea forums are atleast 90% against.
Yeah I would say signing Ronaldo will be a very unpopular transfer. Majority absolutely do not want him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Literally the three posts above mine all mention him!
One of them said if Tuchel is ok with it but also said he had serious negatives, another said he'd prefer Neymar out of the two and the rest are rival fans or Duffer making an off the cuff comment.

Not sure that constitutes dreaming of signing him.

TheReligion

Abusive
One of them said if Tuchel is ok with it but also said he had serious negatives, another said he'd prefer Neymar out of the two and the rest are rival fans or Duffer making an off the cuff comment.

Not sure that constitutes dreaming of signing him.
There’s a few more harping on about it on the forum elsewhere too.

Seems they oddly think it might happen

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I would say signing Ronaldo will be a very unpopular transfer. Majority absolutely do not want him.
I would say if our squad didn't have a winning mentality and/or we were going for a title at all costs I would probably say pros outweighed cons but in a year that will likely be (another) year too soon to win the league I'd rather we focused on a more sustainable approach.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I would say if our squad didn't have a winning mentality and/or we were going for a title at all costs I would probably say pros outweighed cons but in a year that will likely be (another) year too soon to win the league I'd rather we focused on a more sustainable approach.
There's nothing about Ronaldo that suits our game. I have zero interest in him coming to Chelsea. If a superstar is what Boehly is desperate for, pay Neymar his £31m a year or whatever stupid amount he earns and be done with it. Ronaldo is not it man.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
This would be a very, un-Bayern move.
They did spend big on Hernandez and (a lot less but still) Pavard. They don't seem to mind splashing it to improve their defense.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hmm trust this forum or ESPN ...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/cristiano-ronaldo/story/4693901/cristiano-ronaldo-requests-manchester-united-transfer-to-play-in-champions-league-sources?platform=amp

Utd will be forced to sell to whoever can pay because will stink up the dressing room if you don't.

On topic, doubts he'd come to Chelsea because even if the private equity boys see the marketing $, Tuchel probably veto it.
Might need a statement signing now after getting gazumped again :wenger:

TheReligion

Abusive
Hmm trust this forum or ESPN ...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/cristiano-ronaldo/story/4693901/cristiano-ronaldo-requests-manchester-united-transfer-to-play-in-champions-league-sources?platform=amp

Utd will be forced to sell to whoever can pay because will stink up the dressing room if you don't.

On topic, doubts he'd come to Chelsea because even if the private equity boys see the marketing $, Tuchel probably veto it.
United have never been forced to sell to a rival. It just won’t happen. He may well leave but we will have a big say as to where.

TheReligion

Abusive
Being less likely to sell to a rival when you are dominant. We are not dominant anymore.
We discussed this already so no point doing it again here surely? You know my thoughts.

United won’t sell if it doesn’t suit least not with a replacement lined up. They also won’t strengthen a rival for top 4 given how competitive the league is. That’s not even mentioning the economic factors.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Falk any good for Bayern?

I think it may be a case of De Ligt simply being open to Bayern as well as Chelsea. We’ve seen similar reports that say De Ligt wants to transfer to Chelsea.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Think he’s decent for Bayern stuff and shite with everything else.
I think it may be a case of De Ligt simply being open to Bayern as well as Chelsea. We’ve seen similar reports that say De Ligt wants to transfer to Chelsea.
Can't see Bayern outbiding Chelsea, so Chelsea should still be favourites you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.