Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Think he’s decent for Bayern stuff and shite with everything else.
This is debatable. He is literally a red top style “journalist” who thinks he is the mouth piece for Bayern. He isn’t very accurate, he just repeats rumors like their gospel.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can't see Bayern outbiding Chelsea, so Chelsea should still be favourites you would think.
Also if the asking price really was €70m, he’d be a Chelsea player already. I think already tried to offer €60m plus up to €15m in add ons.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This is debatable. He is literally a red top style “journalist” who thinks he is the mouth piece for Bayern. He isn’t very accurate, he just repeats rumors like their gospel.
Apparently he is also getting dragged for saying very recently that Mané wouldn’t go to Bayern.

So he’s certainly not super accurate.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

:mad:

Is this guy reliable?
Well that's another rumoured target want to move else where but also he is wanted Chelsea move as well if rumour to be believed. But still liked our club s approach this window. Don't go auction like for players.

Targeted players who wanted to move on from the current club for certain amount and certain wage bill if another club come in we didn't rush it and improve the offer. Its our offer take it or leave it like approach.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I think it may be a case of De Ligt simply being open to Bayern as well as Chelsea. We’ve seen similar reports that say De Ligt wants to transfer to Chelsea.
TBF Bayern is a good club for dutch players. Some had awesome careers there.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Sending Colwill on loan because we can’t shift Sarr is absurd. He should be the main rotational option to whoever we sign for LCB, if we stick a back 3. If it’s Ake, then they can share the position based on fitness and form.

Last season was an injury crisis. We’d be super unlucky if something like that happens again. In principle I think it’s silly to spend millions of back ups and squad fillers. The academy is more than capable of plugging any gaps people want to sign backups to fill. Would much rather put faith in Sterling as James’ backup than sign Jonathan Clauss for example. We have a great academy. Let’s use it and save ourselves from wasting millions on players who aren’t good enough to start at Chelsea. That way we know we do spend money it’s to improve/upgrade the starting 11.
It’s a bit surprising to me how little TT made use of the Academy last season. I’d say you have the best in the country and should be able to drop players in much more regularly and I’d have thought Tuchel would do that. As a first back-up, Livramento would get decent game time understudying James. Guehi was always rated and could have been a good replacement for Christensen.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It’s a bit surprising to me how little TT made use of the Academy last season. I’d say you have the best in the country and should be able to drop players in much more regularly and I’d have thought Tuchel would do that. As a first back-up, Livramento would get decent game time understudying James. Guehi was always rated and could have been a good replacement for Christensen.
Agreed, though to be fair I think there were some challenges with respect to COVID vis a vis isolating the senior team and the youth teams - hard to drop in academy players if they haven't been training with the first team.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Livramento disagreed which is why he left.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Livramento disagreed which is why he left.
That’s fine. But is it true that TT used no youth team layers (other than those he had already played) after January? Point I’m making is it’s surprising that TT seems to be more into experienced players nowadays when he’s known as an innovative coach and he’s at arguably the best club for creating young players. It didn’t work out with Lukaku so you’d think he might look more to the younger players because they’ll be more pliable.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That’s fine. But is it true that TT used no youth team layers (other than those he had already played) after January? Point I’m making is it’s surprising that TT seems to be more into experienced players nowadays when he’s known as an innovative coach and he’s at arguably the best club for creating young players. It didn’t work out with Lukaku so you’d think he might look more to the younger players because they’ll be more pliable.
I think the problem was all the players that could have made an impact of substance with the possible exception of Harvey Vale were already out on loan.

The next best (still here at that point) after him were Hall, Simmons and Soonsup-Bell none of whom are ready for first team football.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
No mate livramento and guehi both wanted guaranteed place in team. Defense that won champions league with James,chilwell,azpi,Christensen,Silva,alonso and rudiger they thought they won't get game time. Nobody able to look into future and we struggled with COVID and long term injuries. If so they could have stayed.

And again marina s hands all over these two been sold because sarr and mbuyamba been bought by her in previous windows.

Chelsea fans knew how things worked at chelsea. Tuchel don't have a say in who will come in and go out under previous regime. So blaming tuchel is not right in my opinion for guehi and livramento.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That’s fine. But is it true that TT used no youth team layers (other than those he had already played) after January? Point I’m making is it’s surprising that TT seems to be more into experienced players nowadays when he’s known as an innovative coach and he’s
"No youth players anfter January, other that those he had already played"? No, I don't think so but that's an odd qualifier.

I think he gave 5 or 6 youth players their debut last season and of those, only 2 were used more than once (Chalobah and Vale) but I've not got a problem with those numbers, given the players available.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea make their first signing of the new era!

Katerina Svitkova from West Ham. Only 5 goals last season but seems an improvement on her male counterpart Big Rom.

redcucumber

What do Chelsea fans genuinely think of Werner? I'm suddenly seeing him being namechecked by plenty on here who seem to think we should get him in. I thought the general consensus among PL followers was that he's a bit shit and probably not cut out for English football. Would Chelsea fans care if he left?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What do Chelsea fans genuinely think of Werner? I'm suddenly seeing him being namechecked by plenty on here who seem to think we should get him in. I thought the general consensus among PL followers was that he's a bit shit and probably not cut out for English football. Would Chelsea fans care if he left?
Great energy, work horse, and good assist and overall goal contributions. Just lacked the clinical finishing we saw in Germany and when he plays internationally.

He'll press for 90 mins +, very harshly criticized I think generally.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would we care if he left? Probably not. Would we care if went to United? Probably not.

But most of us really like him. He works hard. He adds a really nice balance to the way we play even if he himself lacks the quality required to be a starter. His movement is great, if you ignore his lack of understanding of the offside rule, and he therefore finds himself on the end of a lot of chances, that he invariably misses but we do love a trier so despite his troubles in front of goal, the fan base has largely stayed very supportive of him but no one would be sorry to see him leave, even for a rival club.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Werner if he stays we will be happy. He was a vital cog for our front three in our successful cl campaign. Still capable of part of class movements and we certainly not played to his strength either.

He missed lot of easy chances really frustrating but rarely you see any chelsea fan get angry with him like they did with Torres or Morata or Lukaku.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Now the only Big 6 club who has not made a single signing. After all the hype about the new owners ambition and all the talk in the media (even from very reliable journalists) about this huge war chest, we don’t even appear particularly close to bringing anyone in.

Wonder wtf is going on behind the scenes?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Now the only Big 6 club who has not made a single signing. After all the hype about the new owners ambition and all the talk in the media (even from very reliable journalists) about this huge war chest, we don’t even appear particularly close to bringing anyone in.

They don't want to massively over pay for players setting a precedent, Chelsea transfer tax...

Better to sign no one at all if the deal doesn't meet our valuation.

It's not about next season. Football goes on longer than one year.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

It's almost like you've got a non-footballing person in charge of the club and transfers :wenger:

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Would we care if he left? Probably not. Would we care if went to United? Probably not.

But most of us really like him. He works hard. He adds a really nice balance to the way we play even if he himself lacks the quality required to be a starter. His movement is great, if you ignore his lack of understanding of the offside rule, and he therefore finds himself on the end of a lot of chances, that he invariably misses but we do love a trier so despite his troubles in front of goal, the fan base has largely stayed very supportive of him but no one would be sorry to see him leave, even for a rival club.
I really, really like Werner as a professional and a player. I just wish he could finish his chances, he’d be absolutely amongst the best in the world if he could sort that out (30 a season type player). But watching him just tells me it’s not natural to him and it‘s not something that’s likely to develop

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They don't want to massively over pay for players setting a precedent, Chelsea transfer tax...

Which is ironic compared to how Abramovich started.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea

It’s absolutely imperative that we continue to finish in the CL places. So I can’t agree with the old “it’s better to not sign anyone rather than overpay” mantra.

Arsenal and Spurs have already massively improved their squads. United can’t possibly be worse than last season. If we have to overpay a bit to secure Tuchel’s top targets than we need to do it.

Everyone around us has improved whilst we have taken a temporary step back until a couple of CB’s are brought in.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It’s absolutely imperative that we continue to finish in the CL places. So I can’t agree with the old “it’s better to not sign anyone rather than overpay” mantra.

Arsenal and Spurs have already massively improved their squads. United can’t possibly be worse than last season. If we have to overpay a bit to secure Tuchel’s top targets than we need to do it.

Everyone around us has improved whilst we have taken a temporary step back until a couple of CB’s are brought in.
It's false thinking, where did spending £80m on Maguire and £50m on AWB get Utd ?

You overpay, don't make CL anyway and get quoted double what players are worth forever. Recipe for disaster.

Got to offer value and play the chips as they lie after.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
We got value, didn’t ridiculously over pay for anyone till Shevchenko.
While I agree most of the players we signed earned back their fees, we definitely overpaid for the time. £17 million for Glen Johnson for example was ludicrous for the average transfer fee. This is what started the valuation inflation for many run of the mill players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I really, really like Werner as a professional and a player. I just wish he could finish his chances, he’d be absolutely amongst the best in the world if he could sort that out (30 a season type player). But watching him just tells me it’s not natural to him and it‘s not something that’s likely to develop
Yeah I'd say that's how most Chelsea fans feel about him. I don't think anyone really minds if the stays, he clearly isn't going to be a starter next season unless something drastic happens but he's a good squad option who is good enough to start a run of games if needed. I don't think really think anyone would care if he left for a rival club either.

If he leaves now, he'll probably be fondly remembered by a lot of people, while others will completely forget he ever played for us. I'm in the first group.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah there’s no need for that man. Chelsea aren’t exactly standing in his way here :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah there’s no need for that man. Chelsea aren’t exactly standing in his way here :lol:

To be honest if the alternative is Emerson as Chilwell's back up I hope we do.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be honest if the alternative is Emerson as Chilwell's back up I hope we do.
Hopefully Maatsen, but in all honesty I know Alonso is better than Emerson but the difference isn't so much that I'll beg him to stay if he wants to live in Spain for the remainder of his career.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Great energy, work horse, and good assist and overall goal contributions. Just lacked the clinical finishing we saw in Germany and when he plays internationally.

He'll press for 90 mins +, very harshly criticized I think generally.
Guy is fecking shocking at finishing, which kind of should be the top criteria for a striker. The number of chances he misses isn't normal.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think the problem was all the players that could have made an impact of substance with the possible exception of Harvey Vale were already out on loan.

The next best (still here at that point) after him were Hall, Simmons and Soonsup-Bell none of whom are ready for first team football.
Fair enough. Had forgotten how many you had out on loan last season. Maatsen would have been useful, if only occasionally, after Chilwell got injured.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No mate livramento and guehi both wanted guaranteed place in team. Defense that won champions league with James,chilwell,azpi,Christensen,Silva,alonso and rudiger they thought they won't get game time. Nobody able to look into future and we struggled with COVID and long term injuries. If so they could have stayed.

And again marina s hands all over these two been sold because sarr and mbuyamba been bought by her in previous windows.

Chelsea fans knew how things worked at chelsea. Tuchel don't have a say in who will come in and go out under previous regime. So blaming tuchel is not right in my opinion for guehi and livramento.
Both wanted an opportunity. None of them demanded guaranteed place or minutes. They just wanted an opportunity. When Guehi talks about seeking reassurances, I didn't take them to mean I must start over Rudiger, Silva or AC. I took them to mean he wanted to be assured he'd be given enough of an opportunity for it to be worth turning down offers from PL clubs. I guess he didn't get the assurances he wanted and he left and he immediately proved at Palace he was more than good enough to start at Chelsea.

Livramento is a bit different because he plays in the position that's occupied by one of the best, if not the best, player at the entire club.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Surely Barca can't be spending money on the likes of Alonso when they can't even register Christensen.
They’re a joke club. I’m so surprised players even want to join given that they’re struggling to pay wages to the players they have. Honestly hope that this strategy they’re pursuing comes back and fecks them over twice as hard.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They’re a joke club. I’m so surprised players even want to join given that they’re struggling to pay wages to the players they have. Honestly hope that this strategy they’re pursuing comes back and fecks them over twice as hard.
They're mortgaging their future in to a huge economic downturn imo.

Laporta could well end being as disastrous as Bartomeu.

They're a massive brand with heritage from the last 20 years, Messi, Ronaldinho before and the core of the team from La Masia in their golden age. So no surprise players still want go there. See in 5 years...

Shame they totally lost the plot since 2015. Had to admire them in those CL finals v Urd at least :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.