Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

Amerifan

Wasn’t a fan of the appointment but he seems to be proving me wrong. Things are working better at Chelsea at the moment.

Tyrion

I somehow have the feeling that next year it will be between City and Chelsea. If we want to be in the mix we need at least 3 players in the summer.
Yep. Centre back, holding midfielder and another attacker. Maybe even goalkeeper.

I do think Liverpool will be better next year though

RashyForPM

He actually does want to revitalise Kepa as per the rumours :lol: Certified short-lived experiment, unless he wants to lose his job just to please Roman at the present moment.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think it’s to recoup at least £10m. Honestly though, no one is paying them anywhere near that atm. Who needs Kepa in their team?
He also makes like 150k per week, second highest paid keeper in the league after DDG.

He is nearly untransferable.

simplyared

Chelsea are looking like a different outfit now. Squad was too good to be playing so badly under Lampard. Tuchel is now getting a real tune out of them.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Yes, that’s it, Tuchel is the superior, more experienced and more nuanced manager, of course he makes his squad better. Pundits are starting their vulture circle over Solskjaer again, questioning his demeanour and the attitude he transmits to the team: passive, subdued, restrained. He is the new weakest link among the top clubs, at this stage.
I thought it was Pirlo

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Another victory; it's hard to see how that is good news for Tuchel - the way he is going about this, he will never learn anything about his players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea are looking like a different outfit now. Squad was too good to be playing so badly under Lampard. Tuchel is now getting a real tune out of them.
bit early for this isn't it?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yet a face a top side yet, and no Tottenham aren't one. Would be really interesting to see how they fair in their next 3 games, away at Soton, A.Madrid and then home to us. That would be the real test.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Yet a face a top side yet, and no Tottenham aren't one. Would be really interesting to see how they fair in their next 3 games, away at Soton, A.Madrid and then home to us. That would be the real test.
Not a top side, if spurs arent

shahzy

No point judging him now. Everyone knows about the new manager bounce. Ole after Mourinho ring a bell anyone? We looked like we'd win the league with that form and then reality set in after a period of time. Let's revisit this in a few months time when he isn't a 'new' managed in the eyes of the players and see how they are playing

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Wait, you're a Man United supporter?

How did that happen if you don't mind me asking? Don't think I've known a German Man United fan before! Always interesting to see how people from around the world end up supporting someone.

Unless you're a Manc who moved to Germany, in which case, meh!

Irwin99

Not seen Chelsea since he was appointed. What is the style of football? Possession based? Seems to favour Jorginho and Kovacic from the line ups I've seen

Next game against a very out of form Southampton and then us at the Bridge :nervous:

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea United match will be in London.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Wait, you're a Man United supporter?

How did that happen if you don't mind me asking? Don't think I've known a German Man United fan before! Always interesting to see how people from around the world end up supporting someone.

Unless you're a Manc who moved to Germany, in which case, meh!
@NoLogo is also one of us!

Deery

Dreary
Not seen Chelsea since he was appointed. What is the style of football? Possession based? Seems to favour Jorginho and Kovacic from the line ups I've seen

Next game against a very out of form Southampton and then us at the Bridge :nervous:
Seems like he’s putting his stamp on the team already, what impressed me today was the intensity of how they win the ball back fast and quick with 3 men pressing the ball similar to an old Barca team like the 5 seconds rule, then play out in triangles get the ball out wide and try to create a chance through Werner or Hudson Odoi. People saying Kovacic is their best player but I’d say it’s Jorginho.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Ho long do people get to say new manager bounce? Tuchel has everybody playing better and the defence is looking better than it has in a long time. The best thing he has done has given everyone very clear coaching on exactly what they need to do on the pitch. No more throwing players on the pitch and thinking they will figure it out.

galwayfa

I actually think they have best squad in league, maybe not best 13 or 14 but 18 or 19, a better coached team, these lads are going to be ok, dropping mendy for kepa was good v Newcastle, , hes a good man manager

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Beaten a few shite teams after appointing a new manager. Would still do very well to make top 4 but at least they’re ahead of Liverpool now. Heck, they might even catch us the way we’re going.

What they can’t do is drop off a cliff when they lose the way we did when Ole lost his first game as manager following a great run.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ho long do people get to say new manager bounce? Tuchel has everybody playing better and the defence is looking better than it has in a long time. The best thing he has done has given everyone very clear coaching on exactly what they need to do on the pitch. No more throwing players on the pitch and thinking they will figure it out.
Yep, new manager bounce is thrown around too easy. What I'd call a new manager bounce is players freely riding the crest of a wave of novelty but deep down everyone can see it's not sustainable (Craig Shakespeare a prime example). Our run under TT has came through quality tactical adjustments and excellent game management, which is sustainable.

MattofManchester

Seems like he's highly critical of every phase of play or weakness that exists in his team.
Chelsea won, but he seemed to emphasize the poor second half more than anything else and what they need to improve.
Good start for him, though.

charlenefan

Well his first Chelsea game wasn't even a month ago so how long would you say it's a viable question for?

cyberman

Teams go on long, massive win streaks where they are proclaimed as the next big thing on a regular basis. Certainly a lot more than 5 odd games.
Chelsea havent really played anyone yet and you still suffer from not creating enough oppertunities. Nothing has really changed but your schdule being extremley kind.
When this happens, fans always hope its different for them and now theyve found the answer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Not dissimilar to Pep's City generally, at least in terms of principles. He's completely revamped the way we retain the ball and defend - we almost always have 5 men behind the ball and 5 spread across the attacking channels in the final third (usually switching between 3-2-5 and 2-3-5 depending on Azpilicueta's positioning). Huge emphasis on stretching opponents horizontally when in possession and especially in transition against low block sides - it's why CHO and Alonso are in the team as wingbacks as both push on and stay very high and wide. Under Lampard we'd often leave only 3 behind the ball (especially when chasing matches), which meant there were huge gaps and our midfield was too easy to get through. Tuchel has also coordinated the press far better - we are winning possession at a higher rate and are not selling out to do it, as we are bypassed far less frequently given a cohesive structure off the ball.

charlenefan

Yep, new manager bounce is thrown around too easy. What I'd call a new manager bounce is players freely riding the crest of a wave of novelty but deep down everyone can see it's not sustainable (Craig Shakespeare a prime example). Our run under TT has came through quality tactical adjustments and excellent game management, which is sustainable.
it's sustainable as long as the results are positive and the players are buying into what he's doing, Chelsea fans more than any others should know by now to wait and see what happens when results turn for the worst

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Lampard had you top of the league only 2-3 months ago after a similar “easy” run. Tuchel is a good manager but you were always going to improve after the horrible last month you had under Lampard. So it’s not wrong to claim he needs more games before properly judging his influence on Chelsea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
it's sustainable as long as the results are positive and the players are buying into what he's doing, Chelsea fans more than any others should know by now to wait and see what happens when results turn for the worst
It can be both tbh. Just calling it a new manager bounce feels like Tuchel's impact is being downplayed. That might just be me being a sensitive cnut but it does sometimes come across that way. I think it's a combination of both though.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Teams go on long, massive win streaks where they are proclaimed as the next big thing on a regular basis. Certainly a lot more than 5 odd games.
Chelsea havent really played anyone yet and you still suffer from not creating enough oppertunities. Nothing has really changed but your schdule being extremley kind.
When this happens, fans always hope its different for them and now theyve found the answer.
if you think nothing has changed in how we are playing, I can only assume you are not watching. Our midfield play has completely changed. Our link between the back line and the midfield has completely changed. The transition to get back on defence has completely changed. The biggest thing to change is control, the team is maintaining control and that is what will keep winning against lesser teams instead of dropping points to relegation teams. The real test to finishing top 4 will be beating the teams we should beat. I dont think we are quite there yet to challenge for the league, but good enough to beat those we should and get better. We have more than enough talent, Tuchel just needs to give that talent clear direction one game at a time.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I mean, no proper test yet?, sure, too early to judge?, absolutely; but the change in the way Chelsea play should be apparent to even the most casual observer, more dominant, clear structure, immensely improved team shape and play.