Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

PoTMS

FFS Chelsea sacked their manager at the right time... Again. They couldn't wait until we played them at least. Tuchel will safely guide them into top 4.

AshRK

FFS Chelsea sacked their manager at the right time... Again. They couldn't wait until we played them at least. Tuchel will safely guide them into top 4.
Actually his style of football could work for us and we might kill them on counters. Also, ole has a decent record against him so would be a fun game.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Great win, laboured a little in the second half, clearly need to be more incisive up front but fantastic 3 ponts.
Yeah, that's the hardest part. So far, Tuchel's team already looks well organized defending & getting the ball into the attacking third, but the final play is often lacking.

What sometimes crosses my mind when these attacking plays go meh is the incredible effect world class players like (prime) Hazard, Salah, Kane can have on the very same situations. It's really a blessing to have such players in a team.

Last edited:

el3mel

He gets the job done, and they look pretty comfortable doing it. Starting to think he might actually do well there, to my surprise.

croadyman

Yeah will need to ride out pressure from them at the start and look to grow into that game

Jericho

Give it time. Tuchel might succeed there but this right now could well be the new manager bounce.

U99ted

Chelsea got the 3 points, but their only goal against an off-form team was a dive for the penalty. Not convinced by them.

passing-wind

Tuchel is a quality coach the playing aspect of his management has never been in doubt for me at least his team's play a good standard of football. The problem is Lampards was decent too it's how they fair against a packed defence that is the significance.

RooneyLegend

They're dysfunctional in attack bit great defensively. Certainly has his work cut out trying to get a tune out of those attackers.

Needham

It doesn't bother anyone else how much he looks like Alain de Botton?

Classical Mechanic

They have an easy run of fixtures so I think this is why Lampard didn't get a few more games .They want TT to have an easy landing to give him the best chance. I don't think they've looked great at all so far.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, that's the hardest part. So far, Tuchel's team already looks well organized defending & getting the ball into the attacking third, but the final play is often lacking.

What sometimes crosses my mind when these attacking plays go meh is the incredible effect world class players like (prime) Hazard, Salah, Kane can have on the very same situations. It's really a blessing to have such players in a team.
Yeah, we have run into 3 parked buses in 3 games, aside from the portions of the second half last night, so the space in the attacking third isn't always there. I can see what he's trying to do with the attack though.

Fully agree with the second point.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It's amazing that people fall into the trap of new manager bounce every singe time! Its way too early folks.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Let us wait and see, the tactical flexibility, treating the squad fairly and having a good defence so far are all signs for optimism so far.

We need our attackers to click, good to see Werner contributing via the penalty even if he's seriously lacking confidence. If we can keep control of games and keep creating opportunities I think goals will come. We had 18 shots yesterday, but only 2 on target. Bit of finishing training needed I think.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can't really judge him too much when he's played some of the least attacking teams in the league so far.
I agree.

Decent early signs though. I've not agreed with some of his picks (Alonso over Chilwell, no Ziyech, Werner) but 3 games, 3 clean sheets and 7 out of 9 points.

Away to Sheffield United on Sunday night. They're not really a bus parking lot like Wolves, Burnley and Spurs but they're picking up their form a bit recently so not a total gimmie.

Galeano

Supports
Chelsea
I completely agree.

He takes just under two weeks in office, with three games in between, there is no possible evaluation at the moment.

Despite the general opinion and some statistics, I didn't see such positive signs in the first two games, yesterday was when the team played really well for a period but it was almost harmless in the attack.

Chelsea won with a penalty and suffered in the last ten minutes in a game in which they had a dominance that never managed to reflect on the result.

I think that the team presented is far from the one that will present in a few weeks and I don't know if that speaks well or bad about him.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Got to be honest, too. I think Jorginho and/or Kovacic are going to be huge favourites of his. As if Werner and Havertz of course. Alonso will continue to play LWB i suspect as hes a far far better goal threat than Chilwell. Its defensively hes a bit iffy

Actually surprises me that people still havent got used to the fact that, usually, when we change managers, we win something and tend to do well

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It doesn't bother anyone else how much he looks like Alain de Botton?
Not at all, never heard or seen that name before.
Who's Button?

Last edited:

432JuanMata

They have an easy run of fixtures so I think this is why Lampard didn't get a few more games .They want TT to have an easy landing to give him the best chance. I don't think they've looked great at all so far.
They haven’t looked great but he is there a wet day and while trying to figure out the right tactics and right players he’s picking up points. He will do well there just how well is the question

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He will be wondering what the fuss is about with this league. 3 games so far against teams barely willing to. Leave their own half. Horrendous football.

It’s given him a good platform to try different attacks without worrying about conceding though.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I thought the wrinkle of using Mount as a false 9 was interesting. Jose more or less tried to match the 4 man midfield box Tuchel has used so far by playing something like 4-2-2-2, but Mount was able to find space centrally since Spurs' CBs were clearly under strict instructions to stay deep. Meanwhile Werner and CHO stayed higher and wider, so Jose's man marking scheme was pulled all over the place - if Jorginho or Kovacic managed to turn just one player, they were immediately in acres of space.

It's really refreshing to see tactical adaptability on such a granular level - Tuchel is doing a great job.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm pretty confident Lampard would have got the same points total out of those 3 games

passing-wind

Will be interesting to see how Chelsea handle the loss of form when it comes but as it stands he's easily a severely underrated manager. I still don't think that PSG as a team are world class and though he came up short against Bayern reaching the finals is a positive sign towards the capabilities of his management.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You guys are so annoying, always find a way and you will no doubt finish top 4.