Chelsea TRIPLE ticket prices

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Christ on a bike. This is actually obscene.

Current blanket price: £1250

New Tier 1 price: £3,900 (halfway line)

New Tier 2 price: £3,000 (18-yard line)

New Tier 3 price: £1,500 (Goal line)

All three tier prices include the 19 Premier League home games, plus all domestic up home matches.

Tiers 1 and 2 get European group stage home matches included in the price, but all three tiers get the option to buy home knockout games. Tier 3 gets a concession ticket available.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...G-year-Stamford-Bridges-West-Stand-upper.html

Working class man's game? Give me a break. What do the resident Chelsea fans make of this? Anyone not renewing as a result?

GeorgieBoy

So for halfway line season tickets it works out at just over £200 per game...:houllier:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The aftermath of the no Super League

Eli Zee

fecked over home going fans while everyone else gets to watch the same thing fr the same price on TV. Nice!!!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Hmm this makes me think of something interesting. Would fans accept higher prices if it meant buying more players and having a better team? In Chelseas case it doesn't matter but say its a choice between pricing out fans vs having a top team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder how much standalone tickets will cost. I was an occasional match goer as it was, so I'd pay roughly £50 maybe 4-5 times a season. This nonsense might just be the thing that pushes me over to Armchair fan FC for good.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I wonder how much standalone tickets will cost. I was an occasional match goer as it was, so I'd pay roughly £50 maybe 4-5 times a season. This nonsense might just be the thing pushes me over to Armchair fan FC for good.
If season tickets are costing this much, I dread to this what stand alone tickets will cost.

Bosws87

That will definitely improve the already dreadful atmosphere at Stamford Bridge :lol:

Sylar

Unfortunately if you have people paying for it, the club as a business have done the right thing

All this 'for the fans' is nonsense and has been nonsense for a long long time

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
They've also recently increased the allocation of away tickets for corporate to 20% from 10%. They had the fecking cheek to appear magnanimous about it by saying that this was less than the 25% they were originally planning.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m with duffer. I won’t be in the vicinity of those pesky peasants any longer.

AndySmith1990

I don't see why it matters. They could increase the prices 10x if they like. People will either pay or they won't, and if they do then its a good business decision. If they don't they'll decrease it a bit.

If you think Premier league clubs actually care about fans then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Part of me wishes the super league went ahead, as I think that would've pushed me over the edge and made me focus on lower league football instead.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't see why it matters. They could increase the prices 10x if they like. People will either pay or they won't, and if they do then its a good business decision. If they don't they'll decrease it a bit.

If you think Premier league clubs actually care about fans then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Part of me wishes the super league went ahead, as I think that would've pushed me over the edge and made me focus on lower league football instead.
Well it matters to a lot of people who have supported the club for decades. Lots of people were already priced out of watching the club they love. This will price out another huge chunk of loyal supporters and a lot of them will likely be replaced tourists, day trippers etc.

It doesn't matter to the club because they obviously do not care, bums on seats will be bums on seats for them etc.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Unfortunately if you have people paying for it, the club as a business have done the right thing

All this 'for the fans' is nonsense and has been nonsense for a long long time
People need to accept that they are customers with a fanatical obsession that they are willing to pay for.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

100% correct.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Good opportunity for affluent likeminded individuals to watch the football/avoid covid

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I mean yeah, if you're the one benefitting it's great. If you're one of those who makes an average wage but wants a season ticket, it's fecking awful, and another case of rinsing people for as much as is possible despite not actually needing it.

Zen86

Well it matters to a lot of people who have supported the club for decades. Lots of people were already priced out of watching the club they love. This will price out another huge chunk of loyal supporters and a lot of them will likely be replaced tourists, day trippers etc.

It doesn't matter to the club because they obviously do not care, bums on seats will be bums on seats for them etc.
PL football stopped giving a shite about fans long ago.

GeorgieBoy

how fecking much? The last time i was at OT i pad something 50 quid and that wasnt Exactly cheap
I pay £390 a year for my season ticket at OT (restricted view). So two PL games at Chelsea and already more than my season ticket. :lol:
Mind you at least they are winning things... :wenger:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
People's game is long gone. Greed is the order of the day in football.

At least you get all home cup and CL groups games for your nearly 4k...

Me, I watch for free and never been happier about it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I pay £390 a year for my season ticket at OT (restricted view). So two PL games at Chelsea and already more than my season ticket. :lol:
Mind you at least they are winning things... :wenger:
It's limited to a very specific part of the ground. It isn't the entire stadium.

GeorgieBoy

It's limited to a very specific part of the ground. It isn't the entire stadium.
Fair point.
Would be interesting to see the price of the 'cheap seats'.
Suspect the average Chelsea ST holder has more disposable income than most other PL clubs but prices quoted above are outrageous.

BerryBerryShrew

And if you think Chelsea actually care about their fans then I've got a STAMFORD Bridge to sell you!

(Used up one of my 5 daily posts on that. Totally worth it though)

Wilt

Jolly good show ….who cares about a piffling £3,900

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
It’s only for the West Stand (though that’s bad enough). The prices have been held for 10 years.

Remember when I first got my season ticket in the mid-90s, it cost £365 for the East Stand Upper, directly on the halfway line.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder how much standalone tickets will cost. I was an occasional match goer as it was, so I'd pay roughly £50 maybe 4-5 times a season. This nonsense might just be the thing that pushes me over to Armchair fan FC for good.
I already felt similar, over the last 2/3 years my priority shifted to travelling. I went to the Malmo game solely to see Silva live but I'm not in any particular rush to go again.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Why would anyone pay 3x just to listen to "Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea". Most of the matchgoing fans would struggle in Minecraft.

Last edited: