Chelsea v Liverpool : Carabao Cup Final

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't think there was much in it. They shaded it but I wouldn't say you didn't deserve it either. You guys take a mean penalty though 10 of the 11 were very good.
Konate is so lucky isn’t he? Kepa had it.

Paul_Scholes18

It feels like there is a high chance either Liverpool or Man City match or beat our treble this year. The best hope may be that City win the league and Liverpool CL.

Gutted. Chelsea could have easily won and Liverpool are not amazing, but they are so lucky that they might just win everything.

fecking bring in a top manager this summer so we can compete. No more crap ones that the fans justify being great for winning xG against Burnley and Watford.

CloneMC16

So many shootouts seem to last an age now with very little fantastic saves or bad misses. They're nowhere near as exciting or nail-biting these days.
So is it a case of :
: Players are technically superior nowadays
: Keepers are a lot worse
: Players are just paid too much nowadays so don't really give a shit anymore, hence they don't get as nervous as previous generations.

I personally think its the latter. I don't think Players truly care as much as they used too especially when you see all the hugging and what not even in big Derby clashes.
Penalty shootouts are such drivel now I'd rather just scrap them for a golden goal.
Keepers aren't worse. They're making sure keepers stay on their line these days. It makes it far harder to make saves. Of course they give a shit. They have professional pride. It's a game to win a trophy.

Ludens the Red

So many shootouts seem to last an age now with very little fantastic saves or bad misses. They're nowhere near as exciting or nail-biting these days.
So is it a case of :
: Players are technically superior nowadays
: Keepers are a lot worse
: Players are just paid too much nowadays so don't really give a shit anymore, hence they don't get as nervous as previous generations.

I personally think its the latter. I don't think Players truly care as much as they used too especially when you see all the hugging and what not even in big Derby clashes.
Penalty shootouts are such drivel now I'd rather just scrap them for a golden goal.
Players are technically miles better imho. You very rarely have cloggers in midfield or CB, everyone is technically great and the days of hit and hope are gone.
Half the penalties in the euro finals were missed. Kepa and Kelleher were terrible at saving them today. Easily should have kept out Konate and Werners. Elanga blasted a decisive pen over the bar not less than a month ago .
Nothings changed. We’ve just had two recent shootouts which lasted long.
The idea that penalties are better these days because players are better technically is completely nonsensical.
Also what @CloneMC16 said, keepers stay on their line a lot more.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Konate is so lucky isn’t he? Kepa had it.
Weak hand by Kepa for sure but in fairness after 9 pens beforehand he'd rarely have to take one.
In fairness, Kelleher jumped over 1 earlier and should have saved Werners too iirc

Good even game, Chelsea maybe shaded it and the Lukaku offside based on the shirtline like Rodri was probably your luckiest moment but I wouldn't say either side deserved to lose. Split decision if it was a boxing match.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Tuchel has a lot to answer for this because you do NOT replace the current best goalkeeper in the world, especially not then that goalkeeper is over 4 inches taller than the other goalkeeper on your team. Every single inch matters.
Absolutely not. Hindsight is always 20/20.

He had every right to bring on his best penalty goalkeeper. Being taller also means that it takes more time to go the ground in case of a low shot. Nothing to take from it.

yipthatman

It feels like there is a high chance either Liverpool or Man City match or beat our treble this year. The best hope may be that City win the league and Liverpool CL.

Gutted. Chelsea could have easily won and Liverpool are not amazing, but they are so lucky that they might just win everything.
Im convinced lukaku was onside, Im not so sure about lucky.

Comet49

What was Harvey Elliot doing running yards to shove a player in that dispute. One of his own team was trying to guide him away and he resisted. It’s time footballers acted like rugby players and accept decisions, only the captain talking to the referee.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would've been over sooner had Liverpool put Allison on, think he'd have guessed right and dived quicker on one of the Chelsea pens.

Did Liverpool use up all their subs?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tuchel has a lot to answer for this because you do NOT replace the current best goalkeeper in the world, especially not then that goalkeeper is over 4 inches taller than the other goalkeeper on your team. Every single inch matters.
Yeah, he should answer for like 6 consecutive finals.

PoTMS

Hope everyone at United is watching these cnuts win another trophy.

RedDevilQuebecois

Absolutely not. Hindsight is always 20/20.

He had every right to bring on his best penalty goalkeeper. Being taller also means that it takes more time to go the ground in case of a low shot. Nothing to take from it.
Honestly, would you as the Bayern Munich manager have replaced Manuel Neuer - arguably the best goalkeeper of the last decade with whoever backup they have because that backup is potentially more agile despite his shorter height? Just like I said, every single inch matters and it mattered on some of those Liverpool penalties.

Paul_Scholes18

Is this the worst season ever to be a United supporter since before SAF?

Liverpool already won a trophy and we knocked out first round.

Liverpool and City favorites to win the Fa cup and United are out.

Liverpool or City going to win the league and we fight for 5th and Europa league spot.

Liverpool and City favorites to win CL and we could challenge them, but most likely have no chance.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Liverpool and City going to win the league and we fight for 5th and Europa league spot.

Liverpool and City favorites to win CL and we could challenge them, but most likely have no chance.
Easily the worst one since the last one.

DavidDeSchmikes

Is this the worst season ever to be a United supporter?

Liverpool already won a trophy.

Liverpool and City favorites to win the Fa cup.

Liverpool and City going to win the league.

Liverpool and City favorites to win CL.
Potential City treble or Liverpool quadruple

:nervous:

croadyman

Is this the worst season ever to be a United supporter?

Liverpool already won a trophy.

Liverpool and City favorites to win the Fa cup.

Liverpool and City going to win the league.

Liverpool and City favorites to win CL.
Certainly feels like it at the moment

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He's a Kepa, not a fighter.

It was a hard fought game between world class managers and teams. Probably written in the stars for us after those misses.

But if karma is resetting then Klopp needs to win a few more lucky trophies before balance is restored.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Was the Rocky IV of football games round after round of penalties and trading blows for 3 hours odd!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Willy Cabellero will be having a good laugh tonight

VivaRonaldo85

Liverpool or City going to win the league and we fight for 5th and Europa league spot.

I am certain this is the worst season post Ferguson.

Drizzle

Potential City treble or Liverpool quadruple

:nervous:
I'm living with this grim prospect every day. I'm beginning to hope that Putin rage quits and deletes civilisation as it may be a lesser evil.

For the record I'm convinced, and have been for months, that this is going to be a historic season for Liverpool. Multiple trophies. Grim.

Paul_Scholes18

I am certain this is the worst season post Ferguson.
Yeah the only hope is CL. We are in it and could win it.

To do that we probably need to beat either City or Liverpool and I fear we get smashed again. Imagine if we play Liverpool in the CL final and they destroy us and they win the treble by beating us.