Chelsea vs Manchester United

jeston

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccck Offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
According to Met Office, the snow will get heavier all night . Then tomorrow morning there will be fog. There again when are the Met Office right.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not like you lot need snowmobiles. It's just salt that's needed. That's all. Or knock off taxes on winter tires. Let them be tax free. Just take the initiative. It was well known that this winter wouldn't be snow less.

Man-United

It just had to come snow tonight with Terry and Cole both out for the game tomorrow.

DomesticTadpole

I know but it gives our players an extra week to get fit for Liverpool. Wouldn't want more injuries in dicey conditions.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If it is postponed then it could work in our favour with Rooney, Cleverley, Young & Nani given more time to recover but it also creates the problem of fixture congestion and City having a 3pt gap again for a period of time.

Is there a cut-off time for when they could cancel it without playing considering that fans will be travelling on the basis the game is still on?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
No snow around me, and I'm quite close to SB. (Sw3)

kps88

There's been snow in other parts of the UK too and no cancellation. Stoke - Wigan looked really snowy. Surely London has better transport and infrastructure to deal with snow compared to places like Stoke?

Neo_Mufc

I'm in W.London (Heathrow) Theres been a little snow nothing off great caution. It's currently flaking. Nothing major at the moment that should threaten tomorrow's game.

DomesticTadpole

Yes but it was snowing while they were playing. Chelsea the snow will have fallen in quantity overnight, so it might be more of a problem. The games usually get called off for health and safety reasons, don't want fans falling on the arses. lol. However I wonder why I ever believe what our Met Office says.:)

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
I'm in SW London right now, and no sign of snow still!
Having a quick look at the BBCs traffic cams it is snowing in pockets here and there across Greater London, mostly in the north out toward the M25.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I live 1.84 miles from Stamford Bridge apparently. Ground not really whitening yet, but there is a dusting on the table and the BBQ in my back garden.
Is snowing softly still.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Ah I thought you were living in London.

Update from Wandsworth, light dusting on the roof tops, but not much more than that yet.
I am in and out of London, I have family in Wandsworth.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
How many years has it been snowing in England? Has the government been starting to catch on? Just hire planners from Norway or Iceland or Canada or something if you don't know how. They'd make the most out of your budget and man power.
This is all your fault.

Agent Red

Yeah...it's heavier now. Annoying.

At the rate it's at currently though, I wouldn't say it's enough to cancel. Depends what happens overnight really...

mufcwarm92

If these feckers do it again I'll be fuming. That first league win since 2002 can't be far away now.

Agent Red

I'm about 10 miles from Stamford Bridge and we have a light dusting, it's more rainy snow than massive flakes at the moment.
I'm nearer (2/3 miles) and it's probably a little more than light dusting now. I remain hopeful though!

Really pathetic our inability to deal with it, given that it's pretty much an annual occurrence now.

cj_sparky

Chelsea playing poorly United visiting game called off....that would sound awfully familiar.

pauldyson1uk

The problem is not going to be the snow , it is going to be the hard frost that the met office if forecasting.
If the snow freezes before the gritters get to it or the salt melts it then there will be problems with frozen snow and ice on roads and pavements.
If the roads and pavements are solid with Ice and frozen snow and the underground is running a reduced service and the bus are not running , sadly I fear it being called off

Severe weather warnings - Met Office

cj_sparky

Chelsea called it off last year and on the actually day everything was running fine. If it was a work day, millions of Londoners would still be expected to get to work and risk falling ass over tit for a days pay. Just play the F'in game.

pauldyson1uk

Chelsea called it off last year and on the actually day everything was running fine. If it was a work day, millions of Londoners would still be expected to get to work and risk falling ass over tit for a days pay. Just play the F'in game.
It was a weekend and no everything was not running fine , London Transport ground to a half both London airports shut in Heathrow s case for 2 and half days and that was because the snow froze solid.

BBC News - Heavy snow and ice bring travel chaos across UK

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
This is London in the last twenty minutes.

A4, Hounslow

Albert Bridge, Chelsea

M1 - Junction 4

Victoria Embankment, Westminster

Wembley, North London