Chelsea's next manager

Cevno

Who do Chelsea fans hate other than Rafa and who maybe available ?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's such a shambolic circus of a club that it wouldn't hugely surprise me if they sacked Rafa and brought back RDM.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Or AvB!

You could ask for 30m compensation and get Arry back in.
I don't think he'd go back to the Chelsea circus: once bitten twice shy.

Spurs are a happy camp, with genuine team spirit, and AVB looks like he's enjoying life again.

el eric

Hows Capello getting on over in Russia? Lots of talk that he was lined up before RDM won the Champions league and Roman almost had to appoint him. Old Fabio loves a good pay day.

Talking of pay days and money grabbers, I'm sure Sven will be Interested :-)

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Masal Bugduv's footie career ended prematurely, think he is in with a shout to be fair.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Independent reporting that Chelsea are confident of re-appointing Jose and they'll also probably sack Rafa after the WBA game with Grant being given the interim status till the end of season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'll be disappointed if Laudrup was to take the job. Seen enough good managers sell out and make a fool out of themselves.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Time to dig up that great Gaz analysis:

Gary Neville said:
So where does he go now?

If you were a headhunter drawing up a short-list for managers next season and didn't know the history of the club, where would you look? The best in Spain?

Well Tito Vilanova's not going to leave Barcelona so you would have to look at Mourinho. But you've sacked him.

In England, you'll never get Sir Alex or Arsene Wenger and you'll never buy out Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.

So which manager is third in the league right now? Well, that's Benitez. You've already got him.

What about fourth? That's Villas-Boas. But you've sacked him.

Look to France and who is manager of their biggest club, Paris St Germain - a man with enormous pedigree in the game? Ancelotti. But you've sacked him.

Look further abroad then.

Who is manager of the most successful nation in football history, Brazil? Who has been entrusted with that nation's most important campaign, the 2014 World Cup, which they will host? That's Scolari.

But you've sacked him.

Castia

Mourinho.

It's almost certain he will leave Madrid in the summer and Chelsea need a manager, he's a legend at the club and as long as he's put the stuff with Abramovich behind him I think he will jump at the chance. Not to mention he'd probably be paid more than ever and have a 'unlimited' transfer budget.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Lots of chatter in recent weeks that it will be Jose. I fecking hope so. A man who loves the club and a club who loves him. He's had a tough time with the fans and media in Italy and Spain, but he will be gratefully received by the open arms of Chelsea fans and the English media here. His daughter is at school in South London and he owns a house here too.

He is the one stop solution to get the fans back on side (if this is a concern for the board that is, although the Ashley Cole contract/Didier Drogba loan bid suggests it is) and would unite a very fractious club again.

He is a proven winner everywhere he has gone, including our club where he is the most successful manager in our 'istreeeee. The real deal is available, the only reason to look elsewhere would be stupid club politics (the influence of Emenalo etc).

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Maybe they will go for Jupp Haynckes? Bayern do play some attractive footy and he will be free come summer? Or maybe good ol' 'Arry!

Guy Incognito

I'll be disappointed if Laudrup was to take the job. Seen enough good managers sell out and make a fool out of themselves.
Laudrup wouldn't touch the job with a barge pole.

Didn't he last week comment on the sacking culture at big clubs and how it doesn't appeal to him? I think he'll probably stay at Swansea.

Count Orduck

Also, I reckon it's going to be Mourinho. It's Chelsea or City, and he has ties at Chelsea.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yeah it will be most likely Jose.

But re above. If Michael Laudrup is offered the job I do think he will take it.

No matter what he has said it will be hard for him to turn down.

Plus his brother played for them, although that didnt go too well.

Brophs

The One and Only
This may already have been posted

Steve Anglesey ‏@sanglesey
Once they get rid of Rafa on Saturday night, Chelsea will have sacked four of the last seven managers to win the Champions League

Brophs

The One and Only
I still can't fathom the sacking of Di Matteo.
I still can't fathom them giving him the job. They clearly didn't want to, but they were put in a corner by not being able to get Guardiola. It seemed pretty clear that Roman had massive doubts.

Brophs

The One and Only
It was a mad decision at the time, but a few months after winning the European Cup and Fa Cup, surely he deserved at least half a season.
Oh, I think he did, but it didn't look from the outside like they had any real faith in him from the off. I think they would have found a reason at some stage, regardless of how he did. They clearly needed to do a rebuilding job there, but instead they messed around yet again and inevitably ended up back in the same place they always do.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't know how valid this is, but Goal.lol reckons Chelsea's madness has a method:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...pendable-as-mourinho-while-abramovich-seeks-a
To a different degree and for different purpose, I believe it is what United have been doing for years in order to limit the chaos Ferguson's eventual departure will generate.

From taking on every little task 26 years ago, he has gradually delegated various roles into an ever growing management team who will still be here when Ferguson moves on. As a result when he finally does hang up his chewing gum, whoever takes over can be bedded into an established and stable system and have a much easier task of taking on the biggest job in Football.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Pellegrini, Klopp, Heyncknes, Lowe are the only decent managers who Roman hasn't fired yet and might be available in the near future.