Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's orange. And we're Man Utd...

And it's orange.

So, we have a Scottish manager and Nike dishes out that fecking awful 'tartan' shirt, now we get a dutch manager and Adidas pulls out a fecking black and orange away shirt. Too much to be a coincidence - the club must be asking for this shit based who's managing us at the time.
That 'tartan' was actually gingham and was due to the history of the fabric being produced in Manchester mills.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

And it's orange.

So, we have a Scottish manager and Nike dishes out that fecking awful 'tartan' shirt, now we get a dutch manager and Adidas pulls out a fecking black and orange away shirt. Too much to be a coincidence - the club must be asking for this shit based who's managing us at the time.
Yeah, it's painfully uncreative. Have you ever played Scrabble with someone who just lists things in the room? I bet that's every kit designer. Cup. Floor. People.

Still, the black kit is pretty much as good as it's gonna get with that monstrosity of a logo.

Dracula

caf plane air-master

And it's orange.

It wasn't tartan, it was gingham-pattern created in Manchester

Edit...to be pedantic it wasnt 'created' in manch but the commmon criss cross pattern was and produced in manchester mills

littlepeasoup

Was it Mitten who said he'd seen the kits, and said the black kit was one of the best kits we've had in years?

If he did, I'm in agreement. It's absolutely mint.

bonusroller

More pics of the Moreshirt shorts. Moreshirt are going with black and red jersey and not an orange (and no i'm not colour blind).

Training kit for those that not seen it

The material on this one is nicer than the actual kits. The badge and sponsor is made of a firmer material as well, like rubber. My kids rate this one as their favourite as well. This is Adizero version and the kits are Climacool. Maybe the Adizero kits will come good.

bonusroller

Was it Mitten who said he'd seen the kits, and said the black kit was one of the best kits we've had in years?

If he did, I'm in agreement. It's absolutely mint.
I think it was Craig Norwood the photographer chap? He described it as 'Hot Pink'. On the one I ordered I can kinda see where he is coming from, but for me its more like an illuminous red so it would show up in the dark.

Heardy

So i know the discussion around the end of the Nike deal on 31 July has been done to death, but I assume that we will be able to pre-order the kits from United if we wish to before the expiration of the Nike deal?

I know previously they've just blacked out pics on the United site, but wondered if there would be contractual issues before expiration of the Nike deal.

littlepeasoup

I think it was Craig Norwood the photographer chap? He described it as 'Hot Pink'. On the one I ordered I can kinda see where he is coming from, but for me its more like an illuminous red so it would show up in the dark.
I think you're right. I remember it being someone fairly reliable, and it makes sense that Norwood would have seen the kits. This might be the first season in a good long while I've bought 2 kits.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So i know the discussion around the end of the Nike deal on 31 July has been done to death, but I assume that we will be able to pre-order the kits from United if we wish to before the expiration of the Nike deal?

I know previously they've just blacked out pics on the United site, but wondered if there would be contractual issues before expiration of the Nike deal.
You'll probably be able to be preorder but they'll not show you the shirt, so you can either wait to see if you like it or preorder blind.

I don't know why you'd bother, they're not gonna sell out and its cheaper to buy from places other than the megastore anyway.

Heardy

You'll probably be able to be preorder but they'll not show you the shirt, so you can either wait to see if you like it or preorder blind.

I don't know why you'd bother, they're not gonna sell out and its cheaper to buy from places other than the megastore anyway.
I wouldn't expect them to sell out, but i'd have said the same about this kit:

But was very hard to get hold of in the weeks after release unless you wanted small or xxl

bonusroller

I agree, plus you'd get cashback from Quidco etc if you went down that route.

Also 1st August is a Saturday so if you wanted it day 1 for some urgent reason, you may end up getting it on the Monday.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I wouldn't expect them to sell out, but i'd have said the same about this kit:

But was very hard to get hold of in the weeks after release unless you wanted small or xxl
Fair enough, that was a nice shirt too.

bonusroller

They're not official though, they're just going off leaks.
Indeed that's a fake I bought from Moreshirt. I prefer that one to the orange. I'd only use mine for watching a game at home or kicking about in the garden with the kids so not that critical to be perfect.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Indeed that's a fake I bought from Moreshirt. I prefer that one to the orange. I'd only use mine for watching a game at home or kicking about in the garden with the kids so not that critical to be perfect.
Fair enough, how much do they set you back?

bonusroller

Last year I was looking at £10 a pop, but this year it's more like £12.

I sometimes get a bulk deal. When things are firmed up I will order the kids a full lot, cost me £60 or there abouts.

JUPITER

That 'tartan' was actually gingham and was due to the history of the fabric being produced in Manchester mills.
I genuinely didn't know that, fair play.

See, it's facts like this that make you my very favourite mod, @Rado_N ;)

Yeah, it's painfully uncreative. Have you ever played Scrabble with someone who just lists things in the room? I bet that's every kit designer. Cup. Floor. People.

Still, the black kit is pretty much as good as it's gonna get with that monstrosity of a logo.
Haha, very good mate.

Raptori

Special needs
Ruined it with the pattern. What's the point?
Pattern doesn't really do it for me either. Wouldn't mind much if it's all over the shirt, but it looks like it's in two lines across the chest?