Chicharito Upset after Leaving 'European Dream'

Hoof the ball

This is quite a sad video. Seems like a private video that perhaps shouldn't have got leaked, but watching Chicharito crying talking to his mum (and his agent?) about his fears of his career coming to an end......... It's not even like he's that old, or if he can't perform in Europe anymore, but he seems downbeat about the whole move. I think the context is that the only offer his agent received was from L.A Galaxy, but none from within Europe.

Last edited:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jesus christ this guy is going to one of the best MLS teams and his family is mourning his loss. Just shows you how much of a joke the MLS really is :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Haven't seen him play recently and not saying we should sign him. But is he actually finished? He was a fantastic player in the box but van gaal killed him for us.

pascell

Jesus christ this guy is going to one of the best MLS teams and his family is mourning his loss. Just shows you how much of a joke the MLS really is :lol:
His family were trying to calm him down because he was worked up as he never got an offer to prove himself further in Europe, no?

Skills

Snitch
Really that's the conclusion you reach?

Relevated

His family were trying to calm him down because he was worked up as he never got an offer to prove himself further in Europe, no?
Yeah, they were consoling and making him feel better as he told them he feels its the beginning of the end.

Denis79

I always liked the little bean. Hope he enjoys and has a successful ending to his career.

el3mel

He was never a good main lineup player but he was a fantastic option on the bench to throw in whenever you need a goal. His positioning and instincts in front of the goal were excellent, but he lacked several other skills that are needed in modern day to be a permanent starter in a big club. Always liked him though, and I think he had a pretty good career for his abilities imo.

ROFLUTION

Hell, he'd be nice for us to have now in our current situation. Just for 6 months til we figure out something more permanent

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Haven't seen him play recently and not saying we should sign him. But is he actually finished? He was a fantastic player in the box but van gaal killed him for us.
He'd at least get in the fecking box which would be a start.

Genuinely wouldn't be against a 3-4 month loan deal to add an extra option.

ReallyUSA

Chi and his family are high emotional losers for this video. MLS is still mid-tier globally, but a millionaire Mexican living in Los Angeles isn't fecking heartbreaking.

Relevated

Chi and his family are high emotional losers for this video. MLS is still mid-tier globally, but a millionaire Mexican living in Los Angeles isn't fecking heartbreaking.
He worked hard to be a millionaire Mexican and it was probably his dream and his families dream as a child to be a top footballer in the European leagues.

You have to understand his background and culture rather than wrongfully understand his position from your own viewpoint.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He seemed to be doing fairly well at Leverkusen and then moved to West Ham which effectively killed his career.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He’d have had an absolute field day feeding off the Dan James crosses that our strikers have mostly never managed to get on the end of.

Emotional video, he’s such a likeable guy.

Marcelinho87

Love the little pea, was an excellent finisher.

The video is sad to see, he wasn't done here but LVG cut his time short.

Hoof the ball

He’d have had an absolute field day feeding off the Dan James crosses that our strikers have mostly never managed to get on the end of.

That's what I got from this. It humanised a footballer, showed some vulnerability. I know, I know, he's a multi-millionaire, but a dream is a dream and no amount of money can compensate for genuine human emotion responding to the perception that you're dream is coming to an end.

Deery

Dreary
Seems depressed going by the video but am sure he will be fine in a few months time.

Red00012

The noises at 5:56 sounded like he opened one of those what’s app audios where the girl is moaning during bed time fun.

pascell

Yeah, they were consoling and making him feel better as he told them he feels its the beginning of the end.
That's the impression I got too, strange people are being negative about this.

The guys isn't even bothered about money etc, he just wants the best end to his career.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He s lucky to have such seemingly caring parents - especially when you hear how often parents of successful guys like him turn into little vultures. Hell--a lot of regular folk probably wish they had parents like that.

No reason to shit on him for getting emotional etc. - if you don't understand why then you don't understand footie or even just life in general.

BestRed

Not a shabby career. Considering he did manage to play at the Bernabeu...
....anddd Old Trafford! :drool:

Na best of luck to him with the rest of his career, always came across a great lad, and you could tell it meant the world to him to play for United.

Last edited:

USREDEVIL

Great guy, one of my favorite all time players, awesome to watch and scored a lot of important goals for us. Wish we had gotten that ECL Trophy against Barca, but otherwise it happens to the best of us. He'll be fine here, automatic starter, adored by fans, making crazy loot, and his wife aint bad neither. Better than going to China.

Deery

Dreary
He s lucky to have such seemingly caring parents - especially when you hear how often parents of successful guys like him turn into little vultures. Hell--a lot of regular folk probably wish they had parents like that.

No reason to shit on him for getting emotional etc. - if you don't understand why then you don't understand footie or even just life in general.
I play football once a week but I turn 34 next month and my legs and stamina is starting to go just can’t do what I used to be able to and it’s really getting to me. Must be 10 the times worse for a pro footballer..

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's absolutely terrible now. There's a reason we, and no one else in Europe, tried to sign him.

It shows how crap we are that some want him back. Or they've not watched him in recent times.

Bojan11

He’d struggle in the MLS.

Rooney, Ibra and Villa were all more rounded than him. Hernandez couldn’t control a ball throughout his career. People moaned about Lukakus first touch, but Hernandez was way worse in that aspect.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't think he started well at MLS.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

I've met him and conversed with him and I immediately got a very pleasant feeling from him. Such a nice guy and clearly has been brought up well.

Worse players than him have stayed during our several "clear outs".

I play football once a week but I turn 34 next month and my legs and stamina is starting to go just can’t do what I used to be able to and it’s really getting to me. Must be 10 the times worse for a pro footballer..
Did you continue to train ~330 days a year? Did you ever do that? Can't compare yourself to a pro athlete really.

Deery

Dreary
I've met him and conversed with him and I immediately got a very pleasant feeling from him. Such a nice guy and clearly has been brought up well.

Worse players than him have stayed during our several "clear outs".

Did you continue to train ~330 days a year? Did you ever do that? Can't compare yourself to a pro athlete really.
Used train 7 days a week. Yes.
And I didn’t compare myself to a pro athlete never could just said I can feel his pain not being able to do it anymore.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Used train 7 days a week. Yes.
And I didn’t compare myself to a pro athlete never could just said I can feel his pain not being able to do it anymore.
I don't believe he did say that. The video is him being upset about not getting offers from Europe. Him being upset about that suggests that he believes he can do it.