Chinese Super League champions Jiangsu Suning dissolved

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Crazy story coming from China, due to financial difficulties the owners (same owners as Inter) have decided to dissolve the club immediately.

Champagne Football

Probably Alexis Sanchez's wages during the pandemic that pushed them over the edge!

But that's shocking news. Can see why Odion Ighalo was so desperate to play elsewhere despite getting huge wages in China.

Cal?

CR7 fan
The only reason why many Chinese companies are spending money on football is because Xi is a football fan, crazy country.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The only reason why many Chinese companies are spending money on football is because Xi is a football fan, crazy country.
Didn’t it all slow down a few years ago, because they introduced some policy where the clubs would essentially have to pay double on foreign imports? Or have I made that up? Quite possibly.

Berbaclass

Also in the last few weeks, Shandong Luneng (Fellaini and Graziano Pelle's club) got expelled from the Asian Champions League for not paying their players. Maybe a big problem going on in China...

mu4c_20le

Financial difficulties?? They are backed by a multi billion dollar appliance company.. has to be something more to this

Cal?

CR7 fan
Didn’t it all slow down a few years ago, because they introduced some policy where the clubs would essentially have to pay double on foreign imports? Or have I made that up? Quite possibly.
That is correct, they went on a crazy spending spree then someone suddenly decided it's a bad look that marquee players are just there for a last big paycheck.

The whole country is run based on what people think Xi wants. :houllier:

Robbie Boy

Alex Texiera is available after not signing a new contract, could be a legit short-term option maybe.
Jeez, forgot he existed. Looked a good player at Shakhtar tbf and also looked nailed on to join the scousers at one stage.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If there is an impact on Inter Milan I wonder if we can go in for Hakimi (assuming he's still as good at that right back/wingback spot as he was for Dortmund)

Berbaclass

If there is an impact on Inter Milan I wonder if we can go in for Hakimi (assuming he's still as good at that right back/wingback spot as he was for Dortmund)
I'd prefer either Bastoni/Skriniar or Barella if we had our pick. Lautaro also.

WakeAndBeek

Now they are naturalising a bunch of Brazilians who play in the league and English players with some Chinese ancestry (remember yennaris the Arsenal youth prospect? He now goes by Li Ke and plays for the Chinese national team) :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

mu4c_20le

Now they are naturalising a bunch of Brazilians who play in the league and English players with some Chinese ancestry (remember yennaris the Arsenal youth prospect? He now goes by Li Ke and plays for the Chinese national team) :lol:
They are following the Japanese model of naturalising foreigners to raise the standard of their NT, who used to have a couple of Brazilians themselves a decade or so ago. Now there aren't anymore but there's still a guy called Daniel Schmidt (known locally as Shumitto Danieru) who plays as a goalkeeper.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Probably an unpopular opinion- but I would take Lukaku back immediately if inter has issues. Haaland is probably Real bound and there are no real strikers available now

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Probably an unpopular opinion- but I would take Lukaku back immediately if inter has issues. Haaland is probably Real bound and there are no real strikers available now
The big guy hurt people's feelings around here and some already didn't like what he was offering on the pitch. I'd have him back too.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Tell you what this is whats supposed to happen to Liverpool and not Jiangsu Suning

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The big guy hurt people's feelings around here and some already didn't like what he was offering on the pitch. I'd have him back too.
He hurt no ones feelings, he was one of the worst strikers I’ve ever seen at the club. The only thing he hurt was my eyes as he tried for the 10th time in a game to get a simple ball under control.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You'd take back a player who said they hated their time here from the 2nd game?
He didn't say that. He said he wants to move on eventually. What exactly is the problem with that ? If he is willing to come back why shouldn't we do it ?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He wasn't. Yes, he didn't like when he was benched but that's normal for any decent player
He really was though. Worst starting striker I’ve seen at the club in my lifetime and for a £75 million privilege. He doesn’t have the technical ability for the top level, and never will do.