Choking top 4 to Liverpool

ClassOf'99

Also could be very likely Brighton displace them into the conference too

LARulz

West Ham, Bournemoth, Wolves, Chelsea and Fulham are tough? Come on.
I said at the time Brighton were, yes. West Ham away considering our record and their current form yes

Fulham aren't pushovers anymore

Wolves should be a win but we seem to struggle against them

Chelsea again we should win but sods law based on our form since March we'd hand them 20 chances to score

I don't get how our current form seems to get overlooked by some. We'd be lucky to beat most teams. We give away a lot of chances and hardly create consistently

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We need to win 3 of our last 5 and we play teams in 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th. 3 of them at home, where we’ve not lost since the opening day.

People keep talking about Liverpool’s run in, but it’s no easier than ours.

chill the feck out.

theatreofdreams777

I hate "we need that much points" calculation; it's a weak mentality for me. We should absolutely treat every single remaining game like a final if we want to finish in top 4.

Hester_manc

Brighton have played 2 games less than Liverpool and if Brighton win these two they are on 61 points - 2 points behind us but for one more game. So Brighton are actually the biggest threat right now.

sirAlexsglasses

It woudnt surprise me, we are shocking away from
home and we have tough teams to go to, we are are shocking away and shit the bed, so sick and tired of this set of cowards.

abailey123

If we can’t get 9 points from West Ham (A), Wolves (H), Bournemouth (A), Chelsea (H) and Fulham (H) we don’t deserve top 4!

Jeffthered

This one hurts. But, I cannot fault Brighton. They are playing well, and I cannot say they did not deserve that. They are having a fantastic season.

I just don't know anymore...ETH is getting what he can (and then some) from a limited squad. We have one decent forward, and three top quality midfielders. After a while, it will take its toll.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I mean one team is being brutally shafted by the officials and the other gets everything their way. Refereeing is fast becoming the main reason my interest in the PL is dropping. Incredibly shit calls week in, week out and nothing ever gets done about it
Shaw did some poxy volleyball clearance. Its a pen all day

Meller

I said at the time Brighton were, yes. West Ham away considering our record and their current form yes

Fulham aren't pushovers anymore

Wolves should be a win but we seem to struggle against them

Chelsea again we should win but sods law based on our form since March we'd hand them 20 chances to score

I don't get how our current form seems to get overlooked by some. We'd be lucky to beat most teams. We give away a lot of chances and hardly create consistently
What good chances did we give away today except Mitomas in the first half and the corner that led to the goal today? Same against Villa.

We need 3 wins against 4 bad teams and 1 decent, we will get it. West Ham has lost 2 in a row by the way.

sirAlexsglasses

West Ham, Bournemoth, Wolves, Chelsea and Fulham are tough? Come on.
Normally I would agree, but we can’t string passes together, we shit the bed against lesser teams. and we seem to have hit poor form at the crucial point of t he season…..it’s not that laughable to suggest it.

Witchking

I forgot Liverpool have already won all their remaining fixtures.
They will win, they are on good form winning 5 back to back while we cannot even score and play a decent 90 minute game. You can trust their form and you can trust united to screw up and throw away top 4. It will happen because we do not have the mentality to be tough during these big away games.

MrBrightside1989

This was still our most difficult remaining game by far.
totally agree, need some perspective. Liverpool's fixtures are no easier than ours and we have a game in hand.
Just need to take the games one at a time and pick up the points.

The fact we now have a couple of weeks with no midweek games will also help. It has been a gruelling season and are currently sitting in a position that most United fans would have been delighted with a few months ago.

Siorac

If we can’t win 3 of West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Fulham then we don’t deserve Top4.
I really don't get this. Who cares if we deserve it or not? We need CL qualification, especially in our financial situation.

We should still get it but it is by no means safe. Hell, if we don't beat West Ham - and let's face it, we're very unlikely to win there -, we'll need 3 wins out of the last 4. Do you trust this team when the pressure is on? I'm not sure.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
538 have us at 86% to finish too four still. The Betfair exchange has us at 80.65%. Three home wins get us finishing above Liverpool, and we will likely need them.

Meller

Normally I would agree, but we can’t string passes together, we shit the bed against lesser teams. and we seem to have hit poor form at the crucial point of t he season…..it’s not that laughable to suggest it.
Before this game we had 4 wins and a draw in the league. We played well in the first half and yeah a pretty bad second half but a draw would have been fair.

It will be laughable if we feck it up but we should definitely win 3 more games.

Betson

If we can’t get 9 points from West Ham (A), Wolves (H), Bournemouth (A), Chelsea (H) and Fulham (H) we don’t deserve top 4!
Have you watched us at all over the last few season whenever any kind of pressure is on us.

Expecting us to do anything different than bottle this is just utterly delusional.

These are the exact kind of games where we will fall apart. And then spin the usual 501 excuses about been drained etc

United Hobbit

Of all the teams to fecking bottle it to

The luck/referee bias they get will help them over the line

ErikElevenHag

Brighton have played 2 games less than Liverpool and if Brighton win these two they are on 61 points - 2 points behind us but for one more game. So Brighton are actually the biggest threat right now.
Brighton would have to win every game.

This includes arsenal (a), Newcastle (a) and City (H) it's just never happening. Liverpool are more of a threat than them, as they could realistically win every game in their run in.

We need to win 3 games. We should be more than capable of doing that, people need to chill out.

Loon

:lol:
I don’t think that bloke would need to explain squeaky bum time to Ten Hag anymore…

ClassAct147

Hardly ever comment but I'm sick and fcuking tired of our continual bad luck and varpools damn right flukery!!!

Sparky Rhiwabon

We need 9 points from the last 5 games to clinch top four. I can’t really see it the form we're in

cyberman

Have you watched us at all over the last few season whenever any kind of pressure is on us.

Expecting us to do anything different than bottle this is just utterly delusional.

These are the exact kind of games where we will fall apart. And then spin the usual 501 excuses about been drained etc
This post really needs a follow up