Choking top 4 to Liverpool

Nero

It's crazy how mentally soft people are. The slightest adversity and the world is collapsing.

Witchking

The draw to Spurs plus the two losses really were stressful. Liverpool can forever feck off. Bastards. Just hope they have a bad transfer window and finish 7th next season.

SuperiorXI

The draw to Spurs plus the two losses really were stressful. Liverpool can forever feck off. Bastards. Just hope they have a bad transfer window and finish 7th next season.
I'm going to enjoy them struggling with fixture congestion. It'd be great if they got the same fate as us whereby they finish 2nd in the group and have those shitty extra 2 legs.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm going to enjoy them struggling with fixture congestion. It'd be great if they got the same fate as us whereby they finish 2nd in the group and have those shitty extra 2 legs.
They have like 4000 strikers, tiredness isn't their issue, being shit is their issue.

Revaulx

It's crazy how mentally soft people are. The slightest adversity and the world is collapsing.
I don’t think it’s particularly to do with being mentally soft.

There are people who have been traumatised by the last decade of false dawns into taking a permanently pessimistic outlook. While their constant negativity is undoubtedly tiresome, I have to say I have some sympathy with them.

There is also a noisy minority of posters who seem to want Erik to fail, presumably because his doings so will (or so they believe) show whoever they are a fan of in a better light. Jose, Ole, Ronaldo - take your pick.

andy0

I'm thinking back to the start of the season, when United had lost 2 games, then faced Liverpool, loads of apprehension on here, but I reckoned we'd beat them

Next week I'll see some musicians, including one Liverpool and one United fan, who I last saw together the same day of the 7-0. Might be interesting to see if any chat recurs ...

I think the other one next week is a Spurs fan ...

humdinger

It’s funny and realistically we were never going to lose top 4 but I have sympathy with the people who panicked. It’s PTSD from the absolute shitshow the club has been the last few years.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It’s funny and realistically we were never going to lose top 4 but I have sympathy with the people who panicked. It’s PTSD from the absolute shitshow the club has been the last few years.
We could easily have done so. It was perfectly possible.

cyberman

There are people who have been traumatised by the last decade of false dawns into taking a permanently pessimistic outlook. While their constant negativity is undoubtedly tiresome, I have to say I have some sympathy with them.

There is also a noisy minority of posters who seem to want Erik to fail, presumably because his doings so will (or so they believe) show whoever they are a fan of in a better light. Jose, Ole, Ronaldo - take your pick.
Where has the PTSD come from though? Have we ever thrown a favourable top 4 position away?

AshRK

I see the original poster has been missing since the chelsea game. No more new threads by him.

Revaulx

Where has the PTSD come from though? Have we ever thrown a favourable top 4 position away?
LvG’s second season?

Bad as we were all season, it was only our awful results towards the end that consigned us to sixth last year.

But I wasn’t meaning just making top four. Plenty of perfectly rational posters on here have wondered whether the club might be cursed.

Tyrion

There were a load of these threads back then. Every game that wasn't won led to 4 or 5 threads that boiled down to "AARRRGGGHH!!!" and were filled with people panicking together.

Tbf, there were people like that back when we were winning titles. Every year without one was the start of some long "drought" and nothing would convince them otherwise. It was as if they thought predicting disaster would earn them credit somehow.

moodyred

It was really nice to raise those scousers' hopes and then to crush them again.

Winrar

We really need the OP to start a thread saying City are gonna destroy us in the final

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
There were a load of these threads back then. Every game that wasn't won led to 4 or 5 threads that boiled down to "AARRRGGGHH!!!" and were filled with people panicking together.

Tbf, there were people like that back when we were winning titles. Every year without one was the start of some long "drought" and nothing would convince them otherwise. It was as if they thought predicting disaster would earn them credit somehow.
God job they weren't around in the 70's and 80's then - there would have been a CAF daily obituary board!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We really need the OP to start a thread saying City are gonna destroy us in the final

Shockingly, I don't think there has been one yet. But if there was, it might go a little something like this...
How about a mega thrashing in the cup final?
Keeping it to a 3 goal margin will be an achievement tbh.
I heard Erik Ten Hag has offered Guardiola sexual favours in return for keeping the scoreline below 4. True story.
I don't trust us to beat Bournemouth let alone Manchester City

Winrar

Shockingly, I don't think there has been one yet. But if there was, it might go a little something like this...
Holy crap... I can understand some pessimism due to repeated false dawns we've had since Fergie left, but that's taking things to a whole next level.

Lost bear

Yes, I think you’re right about a fairly large section of the fan base being traumatised, and who can blame them?
The second group you mention, I have less sympathy with.

Threesus

We really need to give them a trashing next season. Losing 7-0 is unacceptable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People were always fecking ridiculous. We always had a huge buffer that it was never in doubt. Said it ages ago. We would drop points to Brighton and maybe west ham and still qualify comfortably anyway.

cyberman

LvG’s second season?

Bad as we were all season, it was only our awful results towards the end that consigned us to sixth last year.

But I wasn’t meaning just making top four. Plenty of perfectly rational posters on here have wondered whether the club might be cursed.
I don’t think we choked that season? That was just a poor season from start to finish.
Every year we get posters saying we always lose when our rivals lose and don’t take advantage but this is the 5th time in 7 odd seasons that we’ve qualified for the CL.
This ptsd really should not exist

redcucumber

Odd chap. He should probably move away from football and on to something else rather than waste more of his time and energy on something that makes him so relentlessly unhappy and negative.

Revaulx

I don’t think we choked that season? That was just a poor season from start to finish.
Every year we get posters saying we always lose when our rivals lose and don’t take advantage but this is the 5th time in 7 odd seasons that we’ve qualified for the CL.
This ptsd really should not exist
Some people just can’t help being miserable gits!

I’m not getting carried away quite yet by any corners having been turned; I’m still sceptical about how much Erik can achieve under the current ownership/hierarchy. That doesn’t mean I’m unable to enjoy the minor triumphs we’ve had along the road though, from no more Ed Woodward through to third place.

Revaulx

Yes, I think you’re right about a fairly large section of the fan base being traumatised, and who can blame them?
The second group you mention, I have less sympathy with.
The second group are toxic cnuts. Happily a quick delve through their posting history at relevant time periods (i.e. just before their boy was ousted) is enough to show that they are not arguing in good faith, or with the best interests of the club they claim to support at heart.

CM

Sorry Skills, I know you were gagging for that Liverpool top 4 finish mate.

Trex

Odd chap. He should probably move away from football and on to something else rather than waste more of his time and energy on something that makes him so relentlessly unhappy and negative.
Does football makes him negative or is his negativity just reflecting in his footballing views.