Chong joins Bremen on 1 year loan deal - Loan watch

SAFMUTD

Shame I had high expectations for him, TMF and Gomes. Two of them are gone and I don't think Chong will play for us again. Another proff to show even when youngsters seem geems in the academy its really hard for them to make it here.

davidmichael

If we’re lucky we’ll get £5 million for him but he’s another that isn’t good enough so no point in retaining him just to keep the squad bigger, we’ve already signed Diallo and Pellestri whilst apparently still the front runners for Sancho so Chong has no place for us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Never really bought into the hype with him if I’m honest. There’s a huge gap between u23 matches and first team football. I wish they would bring back proper reserve team leagues again. As someone else mentioned he may well be a late bloomer, but I can’t see it being at United.

Red00012

His days will be numbered if Diallo and/or Pallestri cut the mustard.

He's arguably the last choice wide player in the United squad.
From what I’ve seen Diallo and Pellestri are RW, Chong is LW

Adamsk7

he’s played in 15 games for them, 13 in the Bundesliga, so I’d hardly say he’s a flop or not playing. He’s 21 so could go on to have a decent career at a mid/bottom table club in Germany, Holland etc
When we send players on loan or develop them internally, there are two main goals - 1. For them to play for Manchester United 2. For them to have good professional careers regardless.

I don’t see why we are disappointed when players don’t always meet goal 1. Most won’t. We should be celebrating the fact that we have an outstanding record at goal no 2.

crossy1686

Why is this a negative trait?
It can manifest itself as a Roy Keane trait where nothing is good enough unless it's the absolute best, obviously being at Breman means those things won't always be optimal, but you have to appreciate where you are instead of moaning about things not being good enough. Dortmund accused Januzai of the same sort of behaviour when he was there on loan, he basically kept telling everyone that what they were doing was nowhere near United standards. They didn't like it very much.

izec

Was never good enough in the first team. Got quite a lot opportunities, but except for one or two games, he struggled a lot. He'd never make the bench here next season, except for League Cup.

Isotope

Supports
Ole Ole Ole
It can manifest itself as a Roy Keane trait where nothing is good enough unless it's the absolute best, obviously being at Breman means those things won't always be optimal, but you have to appreciate where you are instead of moaning about things not being good enough. Dortmund accused Januzai of the same sort of behaviour when he was there on loan, he basically kept telling everyone that what they were doing was nowhere near United standards. They didn't like it very much.
It isn't necessarily, which is why I wrote "on the other hand", but the point here is that he's maybe doing it too much, creating too much pressure for himself.
Ok, thank you. That make sense, it would piss people off.