Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Was that when he was playing with a broken toe during the end of Mourinho's reign? As soon as Ole came in he was taken out for two months so he could actually heal.
Quite possibly/probably , players are almost always playing with some little niggle or knock to protect.

Based Adnan

It's so painful watching him build up from the back when we're chasing the game

Done alright defensively

Cabin Clown

It's so painful watching him build up from the back when we're chasing the game

Done alright defensively
Not this shite again. What did Lindelof do better exactly? In fact, what did the Arsenal defenders do that was so better with the build up? Sick of reading these miserable ill-informed posts.

I've zero complaints with Smalling again today. Solid.

Sylar

Can't really comment on him defensively as he really didn't have much to do (in terms of their two goals or chances)

When he did, he made it look good.

Rossa

Can't really comment on him defensively as he really didn't have much to do (in terms of their two goals or chances)

When he did, he made it look good.
If it was pretty much any other centre back in the league up against Aubameyang in the first half footrace, we would be one down early. He snuffed out quite a few dangers today, and that with Lindelof having a stinker.

Sylar

If it was pretty much any other centre back in the league up against Aubameyang in the first half footrace, we would be one down early. He snuffed out quite a few dangers today, and that with Lindelof having a stinker.
Oh that's what I mean, they didn't have chances cos he cleaned up nicely and their two goals were actual stinkers where he couldn't really influence it

Mcking

He's got pace in abundance. That moment when he slipped in the first half and Kolasinac played in Aubameyang, but Smalling recovered and easily matched him for pace. Let down by his teammates today.

Steerpike

Not this shite again. What did Lindelof do better exactly? In fact, what did the Arsenal defenders do that was so better with the build up? Sick of reading these miserable ill-informed posts.

I've zero complaints with Smalling again today. Solid.
Spot on here. Smalling was arguably our best player today despite his defensive partner having a poor game.

Bwuk

Should of slapped the idiot who came on the pitch and pushed him.

Bwuk

Too professional. That guy wanted headlines
I know. Just hate how these idiots feel like they have the right to assault players.

Smalling is a professional athlete, and I think he's a black belt in Judo. Would of loved him to rag doll the tw@t.

I know. Just hate how these idiots feel like they have the right to assault players.

Smalling is a professional athlete, and I think he's a black belt in Judo. Would of loved him to rag doll the tw@t.
You just know the headlines if he had done that. England reject attacks innocent bystander.

The guy should be and probably will be banned for life (the fan, not Chris. I know how defensive some of you get :) ).

Loublaze

ATLien
He's a vegan - they are far too friendly for that!
A lot of vegans are self righteous assholes who aggressively tell people what they should be eating. I take it you've never come across a militant vegan :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've honestly never come across this mythical self-righteous militant vegan character that everyone seems to know of, and I've a number of friends and family who are vegan and have been for over a decade. My sister and her fella are vegan, I 2 vegan housemates for 3 years when I was in my early 20s. 1 of whom loved the smell of bacon. He just didn't wanna eat it.

I know way more precious omnivores who seem outraged by veganism, your Piers Morgan types pissing the bed over a sausage roll, and whenever anything about veganism crops up on social media they start punching their keyboards with some rudimentary guff about "bUt wE hAvE cAnInE tEeTh". They seem to all have a story about preachy vegans, which I'm sure the majority of are made up.

Ekeke

Chances are that if Smalling had made any contact with the guy anywhere near the box, posters on here would be claiming that he was lucky not to give away a penalty and that VAR will be the end of him

ash_86

Very good defender but very horrible with ball at his feet. Very easy to judge he'll just pass it to left and right of him when he receives it.

Cabin Clown

I've honestly never come across this mythical self-righteous militant vegan character that everyone seems to know of, and I've a number of friends and family who are vegan and have been for over a decade. My sister and her fella are vegan, I 2 vegan housemates for 3 years when I was in my early 20s. 1 of whom loved the smell of bacon. He just didn't wanna eat it.

I know way more precious omnivores who seem outraged by veganism, your Piers Morgan types pissing the bed over a sausage roll, and whenever anything about veganism crops up on social media they start punching their keyboards with some rudimentary guff about "bUt wE hAvE cAnInE tEeTh". They seem to all have a story about preachy vegans, which I'm sure the majority of are made up.
+1 here with that. I know a couple of vegans and apart from sharing the odd video about it on Facebook they're fine and don't judge. I was walking up a busy street in the city I live and there was vegan freedom fighters (whatever you call them) showing videos of pigs being slaughtered and there was kids walking by. Glad I don't know them type of vegans.
Very good defender but very horrible with ball at his feet. Very easy to judge he'll just pass it to left and right of him when he receives it.
That's what about 90% of defenders in the PL do. What do you want, Pirlo back there?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Chances are that if Smalling had made any contact with the guy anywhere near the box, posters on here would be claiming that he was lucky not to give away a penalty and that VAR will be the end of him
:lol:

ash_86

That's what about 90% of defenders in the PL do. What do you want, Pirlo back there?
I'd strongly advice you to come back to 2019 from which ever year you're stuck at. Defenders at top clubs are expected to do much more than defending. They need to be be able to distribute balls when pressured upon. This is the minimum requirement.

MadMike

I'd strongly advice you to come back to 2019 from which ever year you're stuck at. Defenders at top clubs are expected to do much more than defending. They need to be be able to distribute balls when pressured upon. This is the minimum requirement.
Good thing he meets it then. I never recall him unable to distribute under pressure or worse, giving away possession to an attacker.

Now if your requirement is someone who starts dribbling and running with the ball, like Maguire, while being consistently shite at defending... then I don’t know what year that became cool but I couldn’t care less either.

Ekeke

He does, you said it yourself. He passes the ball left and right, thats distribution

MadMike

He does, you said it yourself. He passes the ball left and right, thats distribution
Yeah but he has to look cool while doing it bruh! Like try some no-look passes, or passing with the wrong foot, or some backheels maybe. You know... show some pizazz and flare!

ash_86

Great. Literally every top club should be queuing up to snatch him if we let him go tomorrow. I mean , which top club does not want a defender who can distribute the ball to the adjacent guy left or right of him. 100m bid incoming , watch out!!

Ekeke

Great. Literally every top club should be queuing up to snatch him if we let him go tomorrow. I mean , which top club does not want a defender who can distribute the ball to the adjacent guy left or right of him. 100m bid incoming , watch out!!
Who cares if other clubs want to sign our CB?
Why would we want a CB thats going to leave us?

I'd much prefer one whos going to stay at the club and can captain it like Smalling.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can't believe he's still being criticised after yet another good performance. Mind boggling..:houllier:

ash_86

Who cares if other clubs want to sign our CB?
Why would we want a CB thats going to leave us?

I'd much prefer one whos going to stay at the club and can captain it like Smalling.
Then Pogba is going to leave one day, we might as well give up and start Pereira for rest of the games. Chances are Pereira won't leave us if we give him a 6 yr contract.

The quality standards needs to be set by the club.

Ekeke

Then Pogba is going to leave one day, we might as well give up and start Pereira for rest of the games. Chances are Pereira won't leave us if we give him a 6 yr contract.

The quality standards needs to be set by the club.
Is he? What are next week's lottery numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.