Christian Brueckner named as key suspect in Madeline McCann case | German Police state this is a murder investigation

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
If the portuguese police is going to start apologizing to people they'll need to create a new department.
Yeah but they only apologized because it's a high profile case with foreigners. The people of Cova da Moura or Bairro da Jamaica will get no apologies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah but they only apologized because it's a high profile case with foreigners. The people of Cova da Moura or Bairro da Jamaica will get no apologies.
I don’t know the other cases in question but the way the McCanns were treated by the original investigation was disgraceful. They pinned their narrative on the family and didn’t open their minds to looking elsewhere

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t know the other cases in question but the way the McCanns were treated by the original investigation was disgraceful. They pinned their narrative on the family and didn’t open their minds to looking elsewhere
They deserve an apology of course. @Sly is referring to social housing neighborhoods where many minorities live and the police just do whatever they want there, often committing crimes themselves, but very few care, including the police who never recognize any faults.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Their behavior towards minorities is disgraceful as well. Amnesty International has denounced plenty of cases of violence and abuse of power by the Portuguese police. Portuguese minorities, manly black people, don't have the power or influence that afro Americans have for example. Plenty of situations of abuse that go unpunished. They are basically treated as lesser citizens.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Their behavior towards minorities is disgraceful as well. Amnesty International has denounced plenty of cases of violence and abuse of power by the Portuguese police. Portuguese minorities, manly black people, don't have the power or influence that afro Americans have for example. Plenty of situations of abuse that go unpunished. They are basically treated as lesser citizens.
Well that is pretty disgraceful too

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well that is pretty disgraceful too
Quite xenophobic towards Brazilians as well unfortunately. Portuguese society never had a proper debate about our past, colonization and racism. This fact reflects on the treatment of minorities and their lack of opportunities in Portuguese society.

Don't get fooled by the fact that we have a portuguese prime minister of Indian descent or that we had a Black Women as Minister of Justice. These are the exceptions to the rule. Very few black politicians, news anchors, journalists, pundits, analysts, they basically have no representation in portuguese politics or society. Our society only acclaims and expresses pride when minorities excel in Sports.

I'm white but I'm deeply ashamed of this. Specially since I have many friends (portuguese or foreign) of minority background. We are suppose to be know as tolerant people but for me it's kind like Pax Romana. It's a situation that I have to admit as a portuguese citizen.