Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Surely Spurs want to get what money they can instead of losing him for free next summer. They could replace him with another player with the money they get here. It is never a good feeling to sell to another league rival, but there don't seem to be any other buyers.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't think Poch will be fine selling one of his best players that late in the market. By all means they'll want to keep him pleased to stay. Just buying another player in the same position isn't a reason to sell one of your best players and he's only 27, not even that old. Will give a wrong message to Poch.
Eriksen isn't signing a new deal though and Poch himself has identified Lo Celso as his replacement. I'm sure Poch will be fine with it all

Classical Mechanic

I think this is a real possibility. Eriksen will leave on a free in 10 months time. Toby is thought to be doing the same. Levy won't like that at all. Selling Eriksen means they can buy Lo Celso.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Surely Spurs want to get what money they can instead of losing him for free next summer. They could replace him with another player with the money they get here. It is never a good feeling to sell to another league rival, but there don't seem to be any other buyers.
Other buyers may be waiting until the crazy spending PL clubs are no longer pushing the price up.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Surprised to find out that Eriksen is just 27. He can strengthen our midfield for the next 3-4 years if we get him. Even longer, since his game doesn't depend on pace so much.
65m would be a bargain considering the situation we're in. Which is probably why Levy will fleece us for more or take the chance of running down his contract.

Why isn't he signing a new contract, again? Everyone at Spurs seems to be jumping on the train.
He wants a move to Madrid seemingly. I think we will see many more players jumping on this band wagon TBH.

charlenefan

I think this is a real possibility. Eriksen will leave on a free in 10 months time. Toby is thought to be doing the same. Levy won't like that at all. Selling Eriksen means they can buy Lo Celso.
Vertonghen also in the last year of his contract, Rose wants to leave as well. Lloris has turned to shit. No RB. There's all of a sudden a massive rebuilding job at Spurs

el3mel

Eriksen isn't signing a new deal though and Poch himself has identified Lo Celso as his replacement. I'm sure Poch will be fine with it all
Toby Alderweireld didn't sigh a new deal also and he's still around with them.

Acquire Me

Yeah that’s good business. Losing a player for free is not good business even if you stop the player going to a rival. It’s no doubt about Levy selling, depending on replacement options.

Art Vandelay

I love how everyone thinks they know what goes on in Levy's head and that he's some sort of petty tyrant that won't do business with us because of a transfer that happened over a decade ago involving two men who are no longer at the club.

That being said, a lot of the wording of this makes it sound like a brief from the club to imply we are trying to sign him knowing full well we won't.

KristianMackle

Why would Levy sell him to us? We are challenging them for top 4 spots. The hardest person to do business with! This is not news to spend any time on at all. And I suspect the United hierarchy know that much which is why I'm still confused we haven't brought in Bruno or tried for Van Beek..

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not sure i want to get dragged into this one.
It does make sense, but how many times have we fallen for crap like this before!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah that’s good business. Losing a player for free is not good business even if you stop the player going to a rival. It’s no doubt about Levy selling, depending on replacement options.
Eriksen doesn't have to leave, I don't see why he would move to a club that isn't his preferred destination when he can leave for a free with a better chance and more options.

SirAF

Ageist
Trying to make a move on a Spurs player with just about 48 hours to go? Good luck!

charlenefan

Eriksen doesn't have to leave, I don't see why he would move to a club that isn't his preferred destination when he can leave for a free with a better chance and more options.
I read earlier in this thread that his pre-season performances have been of a player who wants out/thought he'd be gone already. What have you made of him?

Maybe in his head he thought he'd be gone from Spurs now and doesn't want to wait a year?

I still dont think this is on btw, just playing devils advocate :)

Nick7

I think we should be buying who Spurs are replacing him with instead of getting a player potentially on their way down. He's still a great player, but I think we'd get less great years out of him than Spurs did.
There's no reason to believe the player Spurs replace him with is better than him. They're not getting rid of him because he's on the way down. They're losing him because he refuses to sign a contract.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He wants a move to Madrid seemingly. I think we will see many more players jumping on this band wagon TBH.
The train I was talking of goes 6 years into a new contract. Kane and co signed new deals after the stadium was done, didn't they? I was under the impression that Eriksen is the odd one out amongst a lot of players committing to the club.

Acquire Me

Well that’s another scenario. He could stay. Levy would rather sell than losing a player on free.

JB7

I think we should be buying who Spurs are replacing him with instead of getting a player potentially on their way down. He's still a great player, but I think we'd get less great years out of him than Spurs did.
Oh my god he is 27 years old how the hell is that a player on their way down?!

Reynoldo

Its not happening, there will be a flutter of promising tweets in the next 24 hours and everyone will get excited, Spurs will sign Bruno and everything will look promising only for Levy refusing to sell to us last minute and then he'll flog him abroad after our window closes leaving us with the old we tried but it was out of our control and then ultimately with no midfielder coming in.

Johan07

There will be plenty of buyers in for Eriksen at 50m or below as soon as the PL-window closes. Question is if Levy wants the extra 10-20m that a sale to the competition would bring.
That is if we are even in for him and he is even interested. Both things far from certain.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Just find it impossible to believe there aren't teams that want him. He's top drawer and still only 27. And for £50-60m? Absolute no brainer.

Madrid will cough up the cash. Guaranteed.

Judas

Open to offers
He's played a lot of games. I'd still take him obviously, but I don't think his performance last season was as good as they have been. But he could be better this season. If you watched him, you'd know what I mean. I think Spurs fans would agree he wasn't always his best, but it could simply be a form issue.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The thing is, you are talking as if Spurs are getting rid of him cause he's past it. They are getting rid cause they don't want to lose him on a free. Do you think they would keep him of he'd sign a contract? Yep. He's a quality player

EngimaMK

I know right. The Caf is really stupid sometimes when it comes to age. So many idiots seem to think 25 or over means they are over the hill. It's bizarre.

Thepinhead

Has he peaked already? I’m not sure
He is a Mata type player who can play well into his 30's. If he is being played at the number 10 role that is. He has been great for Denmark in that role. If we use him the way we have used Mata the last few seasons he won't do well imo.

Shark

@NotShark
Its not happening, there will be a flutter of promising tweets in the next 24 hours and everyone will get excited, Spurs will sign Bruno and everything will look promising only for Levy refusing to sell to us last minute and then he'll flog him abroad after our window closes leaving us with the old we tried but it was out of our control and then ultimately with no midfielder coming in.
This is exactly what will happen unfortunately, we're a joke.

Judas

Open to offers
The thing is, you are talking as if Spurs are getting rid of him cause he's past it. They are getting rid cause they don't want to lose him on a free. Do you think they would keep him of he'd sign a contract? Yep. He's a quality player
True, that's a very fair point. He's looking to leave, its not like they're forcing him out.

charlenefan

How much would people be happy to spend on Eriksen? I'll be honest I'd be more than happy to splurge the entire fee we get for Lukaku on him even if he does only have a year left on his contract.

Judas

Open to offers
How much would people be happy to spend on Eriksen? I'll be honest I'd be more than happy to splurge the entire fee we get for Lukaku on him even if he does only have a year left on his contract.
Seeing as we'd probably be buying no one else, I'd be more than happy to do that. He's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.