Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kearnkoff69

Could he and Pogba both play together?
He plays with Alli at Spurs and it works well - Pogba is basically an upgrade on Alli as they play similar roles for their respective teams - and never with a top level CDM behind them (Wanyama a pure destroyer, Winks who is by no means a CDM, or Dier). I could easily see it working with Eriksen ahead of Pogba and a more defense-minded CM.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
A lad I learned to despise. For his smug little head. For what he had done to my favourite sides, ie MUFC and Ireland. Now you expect me to... welcome him? Cheer him on? Well... Ok.

RobbieBerns

So the logic would be that Tottenham will use this opportunity to get a relatively substantial sum of money in for him as they look to bring in Lo Celso + Coutinho loan?

From Eriksen’s standpoint he’s probably thinking it’s the last big contract of his career, why not join the biggest club in the world where he will also get a better contract than literally anywhere else on Earth.

diarm

You could play Eriksen ahead of Pogba and Eriksen in the No.10 role or on the right side of that attacking mid trio. Could also play McTominay and a ball winning midfielder deeper, bring Pogba up to 10 and have Eriksen on the right.

ThinkTank@Cafe

A lad I learned to despise. For his smug little head. For what he had done to my favourite sides, ie MUFC and Ireland. Now you expect me to... welcome him? Cheer him on? Well... Ok.
I hope Denmark won’t play Ireland in the next 10 years. I want every United to be happy. What a window

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Time to look at the ITK reddit thread...
EDIT: Holy feck, seeeerious muppetry on the Interweb!

abdulsamadd

Woo-hoo. Can't wait for this to happen. Hopefully can challenge for top 4 now. Hope Pogba and Eriksen can gel together ASAP. Hope has not not been given up, yet.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I planned to watch Endgame tonight but I don't think I can drag myself away from this thread :(

Jimmy_Bond

A little whisper from our side that Barca have enquired, hence the Coutinho link.
I live in Barcelona and he's a player they've chased for a long long time.

Certainly a strong possibility, although they are absolutely skint at the moment and even had to get a 6 month loan of €30m last month to pay wages/ Griezmann release.

If Rakitic stays, can't see Eriksen going there.

Never really worked tbh, his skills are wasted deep. If you get him play him at 10.
Was he wasted there because you lacked creativity further up the pitch or because he wasn't capable of playing deeper? I'm sure there was one game I watched he played deeper and he looked very comfortable in that postion.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I would tend to agree, just passing it on.
Just speculating myself as well. Doesn't seem in keeping with the successful strategy that has got you to this position in the last few years.

In my opinion could be the very undoing of Spurs if you break that disciplined structure.

The right play is to offload Erikson to us and replace with the younger options on similar wages.

diarm

Looking forward to seeing this years "sword handle" formation in action:

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Pogba
Bruno
Eriksen
Dybala
Rashford Martial

Romero, Tuanzebe, McTominay, Lingard, Mata, Gomez, Sanchez​

abdulsamadd

I planned to watch Endgame tonight but I don't think I can drag myself away from this thread :(
Hahahaha. I'm constantly checking the transfer tweet section. Good thing it’s 2PM here so can follow along quite rigorously

Last edited by a moderator:

It's B Rubble

De Gea
Pogba
Bruno
Eriksen
Dybala
Rashford Martial

:devil:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Was he wasted there because you lacked creativity further up the pitch or because he wasn't capable of playing deeper? I'm sure there was one game I watched he played deeper and he looked very comfortable in that postion.
It doesn’t work cause he presses really well yes but tackles like bambi. We have Kane and Son who both can create. It’s his ball in the final 3rd that makes Eriksen the player he is. He has always had an ability to at times disappear, especially when playing deeper.

KristianMackle

De Gea
Pogba
Bruno
Eriksen
Dybala
Rashford Martial

I like this formation. I think you should be a first team coach.

ThinkTank@Cafe

————————-De Gea—————————
AWB——-Lindelöf———-Maguire——Shaw
———-McTominay———Pogba——————
———————Eriksen——————————
James———-Martial————-Rshford——-

Ole’s winning machine.
1. Defensive unit - fixed.
2. Pogba Dilemma - fixed.
3. Midfield creativity - fixed.
4. hard working flanks - fixed.
5. A striker with composure and technique - fixed.

All for net 140 million. Ole is a genius.

diarm

I like this formation. I think you should be a first team coach.
You say that now, but you'll be on here giving out with the rest of them after I've strung half our first team squad up by their bootlaces from the Sir Bobby Stand.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You just know Spurs will end up keeping a Eriksen and signing Coutinho

That will be sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.