Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah right. Massively overrated one trick pony. He's good, don't get me wrong but your assessment that he would be better than Eriksen doesn't stack up. All you have to do is look at their stats for proof. Both the same age but Eriksen has performed better and more consistent all his career. What little analysis you gave is exactly why nobody should listen to you.
Speak for yourself and fecking don't care what you say.
So easy !

RobbieBerns

I can’t believe i’m getting wrapped up in the hype for a Christian Eriksen deal days before the window closes. Being excited about the potential of this deal has to come down to some kind of masochism.

wr8_utd

:'(
Would say about par but both bring different attacking qualities. Coutinho can dribble in a way Eriksen can and open up space with it.
Eriksen has the vision and final pass. Both have a decent engine but think Eriksen has much better stamina. Both can leather a ball from distance.
:eek:

No way, Coutinho would level up Spurs.
Having watched Coutinho at Barcelona, I just don't see it. Maybe his lack of quality just stood out in a technically superior team like Barca but I just don't see him doing any better for Spurs. I find his creativity overrated and even his long shots were more or less rubbish last season.

Pace Abuser

It's the calm before the storm. We'll get news later tonight or tomorrow morning. Still plenty of time for this.

diarm

I'd say his corner technique is a deliberate tactic from Poch. Spur use every other available means to break their opponents legs - why should corner kicks be any different?

Dante

Average bang
I'm a bit uneasy about this rumour, despite the weight of semi-reliable reports behind it.

Why are Tottenham selling him to us? We're a direct rival for top 4. They don't need the money.

What's wrong with Eriksen? I know he's 27, but is he showing signs of decline like Sanchez did? I can't get my head around why Levy is willing to talk to us about him.

I bet he's a Cat S insurance write off or something. When we lift the hood, he'll be Janssen in disguise.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Isn’t Fernandes also one?
He’s creative, but I was under the impression he was a CM, deeper lying than a usual number 10.

I'm not sure myself. Maybe we plan to play Pogba a bit deeper, or have both him and a new AM further forward with one DM behind. Which sounds suicidal, I'd much rather we got a defensive midfielder.
Yep, agreed.

because our midfield is way too reliant on Pogba.
It is, but why not sign a deeper lying player?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm a bit uneasy about this rumour, despite the weight of semi-reliable reports behind it.

Why are Tottenham selling him to us? We're a direct rival for top 4. They don't need the money.

What's wrong with Eriksen? I know he's 27, but is he showing signs of decline like Sanchez did? I can't get my head around why Levy is willing to talk to us about him.

I bet he's a Cat S insurance write off or something.
I think Eriksen wants out, not the other way around. Levy will bleed Ed for every penny we have. It's David versus Bald Goliath.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Where would we play Eriksen? Very good player but I'm concerned it could be another case of 'square peg in round hole'.

Dante

Average bang
Born to be a United player.

United fans aren't very good at judging corners by our own players.

What the above stat shows is that putting in a decent corner is difficult for everybody. It's grass is greener syndrome.

GreatDane

Eriksen never really fulfilled his potential for the danish national team before Aage Hareide - and if it's true that Ole has been talking to Aage about Eriksen, then Ole knows what he's buying.

And I really want it to be true, he would be a great addition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kearnkoff69

If this goes through it would undoubtedly elevate our window, and add some much needed creativity to the side. The thought of Eriksen playing with Pogba in our midfield is a dream.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism

I bet he's a Cat S insurance write off or something. When we lift the hood, he'll be Janssen in disguise.

It's quite logical from Levy. He has an asset with a declining value (1 year left on current contract). He has to sell this window to get a value of £50m.

His original plan would have been to sell to foreign clubs, but appears the offers aren't there. He won't want to wait until after the English window closes for risk that any outlay (Bruno, coutinho etc) is not offset by Eriksen departure.

Dante

Average bang
Could he and Pogba both play together?
Ole has clearly set his stall out for a 4-2-3-1 this season, and Pogba is very definitely one of the 2.

Can Eriksen play as a part of the 3? Yes, no doubt.

The question mark is more over Pogba's suitability to the system than Eriken's, imo.

In terms of being able to play together, they're theoretically going to be on different parts of the pitch. So I don't see an issue with them treading on each other's toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.