Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GioF

What I don’t understand is if the Dybala transfer to us has fallen through because of agent fees etc then why the hell is Daniel ‘Tightarse’ Levy going to spend the cash!!??

I think personally I’d make an offer for Erikson and put a 24hr deadline on it. If he doesn’t materialise then sign Bruno.

At the same time start turning the screws with Dybalas agent to get deal done some how.

Eddy_JukeZ

Spurs having a €70m offer accepted for Dybala makes me believe this is actually real all of a sudden. Spurs can't buy without selling, dybala is a straight replacement (albeit different play style). Dybala I think suits their needs more anyway tbh, while Eriksen probably suits our needs massively in midfield.
Yeah but that offer being accepted means nothing if Dybala doesn't want to join Spurs.

wr8_utd

:'(
I do get all your points, just directly strengthening a rival with one of your best players? I would kinda prefer to lose him on a free tbh.
Their first option would obviously be to sell abroad but they're not a club with a lot of money to invest so losing him on a free would make it more difficult to buy a replacement next summer.

Eddy_JukeZ

I can’t be drawn in to this one. It would be the best signing for us. We have missed a player like this for years. A player that makes things tick.

I wish this comes through.
I just have a hard time seeing Levy sell to us.

Not expecting much from this.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Eriksen is in another league when it comes to off the ball work compared to Pogba. He would also instantly become one of our best players. Evolution is the key word, as opposed to revolution. Is my take on it anyway. He’d be a massive upgrade to what we currently have in midfield.
Oh, there's no doubt at all that he's much better off the ball than Pogba, or that he'd be an upgrade on what we have in that position. He would certainly make us a lot better.

My issue isn't with Eriksen's work rate at all. It's more that I don't think a very attacking McT/Pogba/Eriksen midfield would be capable of functioning in the same way a very attacking Fernandinho/KDB/Silva one does (for example), largely because Pogba doesn't have the same qualities in that deeper role that KDB does. Add in that both Pogba and Eriksen are both capable of dissapearing out of games from time and I'm not sure that midfield would be as.... Consistent? Dominant? Combative? I'm not sure quite what the word I'm looking for is but it just doesn't quite gel when I imagine it. Too much potential for flakiness I guess.

I may be entirely wrong though.

Last edited:

Treble

For some reason he is a lesser name than Dybala but might be ther better signing for us.

Devil may care

Looks about our only hope of not having to see one of Mata or Lingard starting every week, both of whom are a waste of space.

patty123

Presumably, spurs have the chance to get quality replacements now with money for Eriksen. Wait a year, might not have the chance, plus no money for Eriksen.

Eriksen -> United
Dybala -> Spurs
Lukaku -> Juventus

How much do you really think they are going to get for him ? And seriously, you really think Levy will hand the wages Dybala is looking for, over just like that when only 5 others are on decent money, ali, Vertonghen, Lloris are on 100, son 140 and Arry 200 plus bonus and the one you linked with us is on a reported 75.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Their first option would obviously be to sell abroad but they're not a club with a lot of money to invest so losing him on a free would make it more difficult to buy a replacement next
I would genuinely rather chance him leaving on an a free, than giving spurs a player they really need, if the shoe was on the other foot.

tony54

I used to rate Erickson very highly but like a few posters have said I think he had tailed off badly when I started to watch Tottenham in CL cup.
Maybe if we can get him for much less than £50 million it won't be too bad but caveat emptor.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What I don’t understand is if the Dybala transfer to us has fallen through because of agent fees etc then why the hell is Daniel ‘Tightarse’ Levy going to spend the cash!!??

I think personally I’d make an offer for Erikson and put a 24hr deadline on it. If he doesn’t materialise then sign Bruno.

At the same time start turning the screws with Dybalas agent to get deal done some how.
Part of the reports of us pulling out were due to fees but part was also supposedly due to Dybala just not being as interested in joining us as we'd have liked.

It may simply be that he's more keen on a Spurs side who were in the CL final last year, who are in the CL this year and who have generally been on something of an upward trend over recent years while we've been stuttering and faltering.

Suv666

I think personally I’d make an offer for Erikson and put a 24hr deadline on it. If he doesn’t materialise then sign Bruno
All decent journos have reported multiple times we arent in for Bruno but fans just keep on rolling with it. Its Eriksen or bust.

Brightonian

So did the Athletic entirely create this absolutely textbook last-minute-transfer-tease rumour to justify spending all that money on all those 'journalists'? This is their Breaking Bad or House of Cards.

Not in a million years would Levy sell one of his top three players, smack bang in the middle of his prime, to a direct PL rival.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
People have to remember he played like 50 games last season, for those who said he tailed off at the end of the season.

Suv666

For some reason he is a lesser name than Dybala but might be ther better signing for us.
Not even a question. Eriksen would be an excellent signing. Dybala is a scorer we need a creator. Would be the best signing we've made since Fergie left. Difficult to pull of this one but with Coutinho and Dybala rumours it looks like Spurs might be in the market for a replacement.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not even a question. Eriksen would be an excellent signing. Dybala is a scorer we need a creator. Would be the best signing we've made since Fergie left. Difficult to pull of this one but with Coutinho and Dybala rumours it looks like Spurs might be in the market for a replacement.
Yes and yes.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I used to rate Erickson very highly but like a few posters have said I think he had tailed off badly when I started to watch Tottenham in CL cup.
Maybe if we can get him for much less than £50 million it won't be too bad but caveat emptor.
You reckon that in 2019 you’d get Eriksen for way less than £50m? What?

GioF

Part of the reports of us pulling out were due to fees but part was also supposedly due to Dybala just not being as interested in joining us as we'd have liked.

It may simply be that he's more keen on a Spurs side who were in the CL final last year, who are in the CL this year and who have generally been on something of an upward trend over recent years while we've been stuttering and faltering.
Maybe there is some truth in Dybala picking Spurs over us but without coming across as a entitled dick I just can’t see how that’s possible.

No offence to Spurs; they are a great club but we are on a different level in terms of historically, financially and size/support of club. Dybala could be the catalyst to get us back to the top, that surely would get a top player intrigued!

Coops73

So when are all the resident Tottenham fans going to start telling us he’s actually just a bit shit?

GioF

All decent journos have reported multiple times we arent in for Bruno but fans just keep on rolling with it. Its Eriksen or bust.
Not saying we will do that I’m saying that’s what I would do. Massive difference. In fact I probably sway towards thinking we will fail to sign anyone and then sell Lukaku to Inter after Thursday.

Suv666

Scotty 2 hotty
Eriksen Pogba
Jlingz Rashford Martial

Not bad that

spiriticon

I'm getting muppetastic now..

I was indifferent about Dybala and Fernandes, but Eriksen has got those juices flowing.

The absolutely kind of player we need to feed Rashford and Martial.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So when are all the resident Tottenham fans going to start telling us he’s actually just a bit shit?
It's started already. If we offered Spurs a hug in exchange for Eriksen, Glaston would claim it was a good deal.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I don't want him if people are going to misspell his name, seriously it's one of the easiest names to spell in the PL!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah but that offer being accepted means nothing if Dybala doesn't want to join Spurs.
True. You would assume they wouldnt waste their time right after our whole situation though, they would know what he's looking for/if hes interested at all. Could be he didn't want Europa league or Manchester. Could be he likes Poch. Could be he just wanted CL. Could be he doesnt want premier league at all... we'll find out!

tony54

You reckon that in 2019 you’d get Eriksen for way less than £50m? What?
OK, maybe much less than 50 million would be a bargain. It's good that lots of peeps are saying he was just overplayed, which I could understand, and if that's the case I would be delighted to see him in the team.

ivaldo

I don't want him if people are going to misspell his name, seriously it's one of the easiest names to spell in the PL!
I'm with Grytle on this. Sort it out peeps!

ivaldo

OK, maybe much less than 50 million would be a bargain. It's good that lots of peeps are saying he was just overplayed, which I could understand, and if that's the case I would be delighted to see him in the team.
Strong opinions you hold there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How much do you really think they are going to get for him ? And seriously, you really think Levy will hand the wages Dybala is looking for, over just like that when only 5 others are on decent money, ali, Vertonghen, Lloris are on 100, son 140 and Arry 200 plus bonus and the one you linked with us is on a reported 75.
Could well be that Dybala asked for much higher wages because he didnt want Europa league. And all 3 would go for between £60-70m IMO. I'm assuming it would be dumb for anyone to publically go for Dybala at this point if they didnt speak with him previously to get an idea on wage demands/interest. So if Spurs are confident they can agree terms with him with the lure of Pochettino and champions league, then they would bid for him (like what happened). They can only bid for him if they're confident they're getting around the same amount of money in (Eriksen to United), while I doubt we would spend much more unless we knew we had around the same amount of money coming in (Lukaku to Juve). Its not that crazy to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.