Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Guys....please talk me through how Eriksen fits into our system of play. Where does he play ? Who does he replace ?

The holes in our team are

Defensive Midfielder/Ball Winner

Right Winger

Striker (if Lukaku leaves and possibly even if he doesn't)

Would we really rely on Matic being the senior defensive midfielder in our team ?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think if this one is going to happen we’ll start to see movement tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. Lol. Deadline bantz.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Guys....please talk me through how Eriksen fits into our system of play. Where does he play ? Who does he replace ?

Right Winger

Would we really rely on Matic being the senior defensive midfielder in our team ?
We currently don't play with a DM, we play with 2 deeper B2B midfielders and one advanced midfielder. He'd play in the advanced role.

Brophs

The One and Only
Spurs will lock Dybala in a room and make him watch that video of the pints being filled from underneath in the stadium bar until he signs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Right Winger

McTominay is Matic's understudy, Pogba plays box to box, Eriksen as our AM in place of Mata.

I've come to accept that our right wing died with Ronaldo and we'll never play someone naturally in that position who doesn't feck it up. As far as DM goes we're stuck because there's not many we can get that would completely enhance that role for us, nor hinder McTominay's development.

montpelier

Why are we signing Spurs's 5th best player?

This is a really terrible idea, imo.

We don't need a player of his type either - although he might be better than some of what we have.

thomas porter

No matter what happens with this deal Ed Woodward and Daniel Levy are two of the worst people to have running your football club.

macheda14

We don't need a player of his type either - although he might be better than some of what we have.
Name the 4 above him (unless you’re trolling)

Ronaldo's Love Child

McTominay is Matic's understudy, Pogba plays box to box, Eriksen as our AM in place of Mata.

I've come to accept that our right wing died with Ronaldo and we'll never play someone naturally in that position who doesn't feck it up. .
You may have a point.

Maybe we should just retire the Right Wing position at United forever ? You know like they do with football shirt numbers for club legends ? :)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I've come to accept that our right wing died with Ronaldo and we'll never play someone naturally in that position who doesn't feck it up. As far as DM goes we're stuck because there's not many we can get that would completely enhance that role for us, nor hinder McTominay's development.
Just give it to Mason Greenwood :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Right Winger

De Gea
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay
Eriksen Pogba
Greenwood Rashford Martial​

Eddy_JukeZ

We don't need another midfielder?

That's news to me.

Treble

Erisken would be a steal for only 50 or even 60m in this market. Are United the only team after him?

Ronaldo's Love Child

Levy has proven to be one of the best
I'm actually intrigued to see what way Levy will feck us over on the Eriksen transfer.

We'll end up paying top dollar for him plus a lifetime supply of luxury pet food for his dog and free knitting classes for his gran.

Spurs will lock Dybala in a room and make him watch that video of the pints being filled from underneath in the stadium bar until he signs.
We will be mesmerised by the stories of spurs selling more hot dogs on match days than any other club in Europe.

Kearnkoff69

Except even Ronaldo didn't really play there for most of his career with us. Especially as he approached his peak, he was solely a LW/LF who cut in on his right foot for shots, same as at Madrid. It's been much longer than Ronaldo since we had a true RW here, which makes it even sadder.

thomas porter

Levy has proven to be one of the best
He's the best at squeezing every last penny out of a sale but beyond that I think the current success of Tottenham is down to Poch who has succeeded despite the failures of Levy to support him in the market.

RedCurry

Or you could look at it like he's PL's second best creative player after De Bruyne. His ability to unlock defenses is a bit special. We keep hoarding on attacking players but no one actually gets the ball to them. So many of our counter attacks end due to an amateurish passes. Pogba and Eriksen on either side of a robust defensive midfielder could become one of the best midfields in the league. So yeah, fifth best player of Spurs could elevate our midfield from being a bit crap to a bit special.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I feel this signing, coupled with the improvements in defence, would really elevate us.

I'm excited for the season but I can't be doing with 50+ games of Mata and Lingard, so praying this has some substance to it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like I said yesterday, I believe we pulled the plug on the Dybala deal due to getting positive vibes from the Eriksen camp.

George The Best

I think if this one is going to happen we’ll start to see movement tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. Lol. Deadline bantz.
Tomorrow at the latest. If this deal has any legs it can only be because Levy needs money by Thursday to close his deals - whatever they are.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
————————-De Gea:)
————Lindelof:)——Maguire:)——Shaw:)
AWB:)—————-McT:)
———————————————-Pogba:)
—————————Eriksen:)
———Lingard:)
—————————Martial:)———Rashford:)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You may have a point.

Maybe we should just retire the Right Wing position at United forever ? You know like they do with football shirt numbers for club legends ? :)
Yeah! See if the FA will let us play with Dave and a Dave clone at the same time :drool:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Like I said yesterday, I believe we pulled the plug on the Dybala deal due to getting positive vibes from the Eriksen camp.
Probably. Win win situation for both. Hope Eriksen deal is not dependent on Dybala though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
————————-De Gea:)
————Lindelof:)——Maguire:)——Shaw:)
AWB:)—————-McT:)
———————————————-Pogba:)
—————————Eriksen:)
———Lingard:lol:
—————————Martial:)———Rashford:)
Fixed

macheda14

He's the best at squeezing every last penny out of a sale but beyond that I think the current success of Tottenham is down to Poch who has succeeded despite the failures of Levy to support him in the market.
No, Pochettino has.
Who hired Poch and who just facilitated a massive stadium move and is this summer transfer window proving to support him in the transfer market?

They have been on an upward trajectory, with a few dips, for quite a while now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Except even Ronaldo didn't really play there for most of his career with us. Especially as he approached his peak, he was solely a LW/LF who cut in on his right foot for shots, same as at Madrid. It's been much longer than Ronaldo since we had a true RW here, which makes it even sadder.
Shit, you're right. That makes me sad

Houdini

Right Winger

We were not in for a DM in this window. I think that Ole will rely on McT.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Probably. Win win situation for both. Hope Eriksen deal is not dependent on Dybala though.
I think it's dependant on either Dybala or Fernandes signing for Spurs. Think Spurs will sign one and I think it'll be Fernandes.

Status
Not open for further replies.