Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Our new manager is called Erik.

Eriksen is the name of a player we're about to sign.

The first half of his name is the same name as our manager.
The second half of his name is "sen" which sounds a bit like "son".

Erik's son is therefore a witty close sounding name.

I'll go into more detail if needs be.
:lol:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Our new manager is called Erik.

Eriksen is the name of a player we're about to sign.

The first half of his name is the same name as our manager.
The second half of his name is "sen" which sounds a bit like "son".

Erik's son is therefore a witty close sounding name.

I'll go into more detail if needs be.
:lol:

Amsterdam90s

Supports
Ajax
As an Ajax fan i love this midfield. Frenky, Eriksen, Fernandez. Frenky can even play from defence in a 532. The signing of Eriksen gives Man Utd a lot of options in style of play and passing. And Eriksen and Frenky and Donny all know how to quick pass and move through the lines.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I do feel a bit for Brentford and their fans. Not a club I'll gloat at or wish ill.

fantastic signing, really happy about this. Can't wait to see him in our shirt.
This is where I am at with it as well. From a football point of view it would have been mad from him to join Brentford over us, despite our recent car crash season.

He will add so much quality and is free. Delighted we have landed him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If we sign the other CM, would Eriksen be a starter in a midfield 3 with the likes of Fred or McT?

Interested to know how Erik will utilise his son?

MyDevil

Good signing and some more it is free. This will surely push Bruno to maintain the consistency and high level performance.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Happy with this. I don't think he's the answer to any particular problem in the squad but he's a good player and by all accounts a good character.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No issue with the player or signing provided he fits into a clear structure we have in mind, whatever that is.

In other words what I don't want to see is two of Bruno, Eriksen and VDB on the bench every week while other positions barely have a single decent option.

DickDastardly

VDB should probably leave honestly. We can play all the mental gymnastics we want and pretend we can give Bruno, Eriksen and VDB satisfactory game time but we almost certainly won't. We won't learn our lesson of stockpiling players in the same position and hoping for the best.
Why not?

FdJ
Eriksen VDB

Bruno

Antony - Ronaldo - Sancho

Edit: shows stupidly on the phone.

But you get it, a square of FDJ, VDB, Eriksen and Bruno.
Take the fecking ball from them if you can.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Happy with this. I don't think he's the answer to any particular problem in the squad but he's a good player and by all accounts a good character.
I think just having players who are comfortable on the ball throughout the squad is just a massive improvement to what we have currently. He clearly fits ETH's profile of player which is the most important part.

Giggsy13

Add de Jong and we’ll finally have a midfield that is capable of controlling a game. McFred will finally be done with.

By adding Eriksen I also believe that Bruno will play a more advanced role out wide in a front 3 or as a false 9.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Keen to see what the plan is. If he's another back up player with gapping holes in the team then we won't improve much.

Dazzmondo

Welcome to United Christian! Good to add some extra creativity. Interesting to see where he fits in the squad. I still have a sneaking suspicion ETH sees him as the cm to play alongside FDJ despite many being understandably sceptical about how defensively solid that midfield would be. Regardless of his role, the extra quality he'll bring is welcome

Leethal

I mean, yeah, good signing and all. I like the player. He will do a job for a couple of seasons

I'm just finding it really hard to get excited, as I watch the teams in and around us in the league strengthening, and we're signing 30 year old's on a free. In fact, it makes me angry - when it really shouldn't. I also feel the same about Malacia, for what it's worth.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was a good player, but this is a terrible time to sign him, late in his career and with serious health issues. Trainwreck of a signing.
Just say you are clueless and move on.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think just having players who are comfortable on the ball throughout the squad is just a massive improvement to what we have currently. He clearly fits ETH's profile of player which is the most important part.
Hear hear. I meant he doesn't 'solve' a specific problem position for us but as you suggest he does improve the squad by being a proper technical player, something we've shamefully lacked for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.