Christian Falk: I have heard from my sources that United’s management is ready to invest 300 million euros to build a new team

Marcus

If we have no Champions league we need a war chest to sell the club. A bit sad but probably true.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The annual united have a massive war chest ready to spend news report. I guess it is June, even if the current season hasn't actually finished yet.
Someone forgot to adjust the automated annual emails to the press.

lysglimt

Scout
We don't need £300 million - if we spend our Money right - we can get Everything we need and then some with £150 million.

We can easily sell 5-6 players we dont need to raise £70-80 million (Lingard, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Andreas) - that means we could sign Sancho and still have well over £100 million to sign players for, Close to £200 million if we sell Pogba

So if we sell these 5 players + Pogba - we realistically only need 3 players (we only need 2 if we keep Pogba) - Sancho, maybe a midfielder and a striker. So unless we are going for Harry Kane etc - we don't need anywhere near £300 million.

hubbuh

We don't need £300 million - if we spend our Money right - we can get Everything we need and then some with £150 million.

We can easily sell 5-6 players we dont need to raise £70-80 million (Lingard, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Andreas) - that means we could sign Sancho and still have well over £100 million to sign players for, Close to £200 million if we sell Pogba

So if we sell these 5 players + Pogba - we realistically only need 3 players (we only need 2 if we keep Pogba) - Sancho, maybe a midfielder and a striker. So unless we are going for Harry Kane etc - we don't need anywhere near £300 million.
We aren't signing a striker. We just got Ighalo extended! If we sell Lingard and Pereira we'll need more options in midfield (Van de Beek fits that profile).

manutddjw

I’m looking at the squad we have and their ages and with the exception of RW and a world class, non-injury prone CB we’re in a very good position squad wise that I don’t think we need a 300 Million rebuild.

Teja

Eh, sounds like something that Woodward in early days of the Post Fergie era ("We can buy a Suarez every year") would say. I think the club management from the top down learned their lessons and there's no way we'll blow 300M in a window. Sensible transfers - players that are about to hit their peak, hungry and yes, proven to some extent by data is what we're doing now.

Keep Pogs, sign Sancho, we're set to compete for the title.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Your journalistic standards must be awfully low if you're happy to give an exclusive interview to Utd report
Fabrizio Romano and Christian Falk give info to Utdreport. Utdreport even got Fabrizio Romano to appear on the United fan channel United Stand.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I just don’t think the board will let Ole spend that much in one window ‘’now’’. It’ll be a huge risk in their mind because if somehow Ole failed us, they‘ll sack him like how they did on our previous managers means there will be no money left for the next manager in 3-5 years.

This will only make sense if the board decided to stick with Ole for the next 3-4 years no matter the result is, even if we end up finishing 10th. As a United fans I believe in Ole, as a business man, only idiots will throw away the money without considering the risk. There is a reason why Ole mentioned it’ll take years to rebuild which is sensible thinking.

If we don’t spend penny this summer but challenging the league next season, I can see the board will let Ole & his team spend 300m next summer window. Not when we are still not even closed to challenging major trophies like right now.

Gopher Brown

Use common sense for citation. We aren’t going to be in permanent lockdown.

If fans don’t return to stadia then the sport will fall flat on its arse.
Yes, exactly. So maybe we should be wary of spending large amounts in this transfer window.

The Red Thinker

Im not sure we do. If we are going to keep hold of Pogba. Bruno to play along side him. We have room for one more player in that midfield and we are stocked to the hilt.

Mctominay has real potential.
Fred has come on leaps and bounds.
Matic has the experience to play a role when the time comes.

I think I’m willing to take a punt with what we have. Give this setup a chance.

RUCK4444

Yes, exactly. So maybe we should be wary of spending large amounts in this transfer window.
You missed the point, fans will be allowed to attend games to save the sport, for this reason.

Payments can be spread out and should be to secure the players we need now.

Suv666

BS. Every window, same story. Spending spree, warchest, going all in. Feck off.

Gopher Brown

You missed the point, fans will be allowed to attend games to save the sport, for this reason.

Payments can be spread out and should be to secure the players we need now.
Yes, and as we have seen many times so far, when the situation changes again, the rules change again.

The scenario where we spend £200m on players who then can’t play consistently for a year or longer is a possibility.

pascell

Eh, sounds like something that Woodward in early days of the Post Fergie era ("We can buy a Suarez every year") would say. I think the club management from the top down learned their lessons and there's no way we'll blow 300M in a window. Sensible transfers - players that are about to hit their peak, hungry and yes, proven to some extent by data is what we're doing now.

Keep Pogs, sign Sancho, we're set to compete for the title.
Need more quality in depth in midfield and CB I feel, especially since Pogba has missed such a huge portion of this season already and we had no answers to replace his quality.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Use common sense for citation. We aren’t going to be in permanent lockdown.

If fans don’t return to stadia then the sport will fall flat on its arse.
No one knows when stadiums will be back to full capacity. It could be a year. That’s a year of lost revenue. For many clubs that could mean no incoming transfers; plenty of selling and for other “richer” clubs it could mean getting a bargain or 2. I’m fairly confident though that no one is going to drop €100m on one player unless its spread out over multiple years to minimise the risk

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This war chest talk every summer really winds fans up and it cheapens the absolute fortune we actually do spend on players. We are Linked with every half decent player out there, we supposedly have money to spend and watch now we will still be scrambling around preparing bids all over the shop at the end of the window only to pay the price initially quoted for a player

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Just like when we were going to spend £200m last summer. Transfer rumour journalists don't know anything about the finances of clubs.

georgipep

BS. Every window, same story. Spending spree, warchest, going all in. Feck off.
Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and James in the summer, followed by Fernandes and Ighalo are not a spending spree in your mind I guess?

On a completely unrelated topic, which year are you in on your current FM save?

RUCK4444

No one knows when stadiums will be back to full capacity. It could be a year. That’s a year of lost revenue. For many clubs that could mean no incoming transfers; plenty of selling and for other “richer” clubs it could mean getting a bargain or 2. I’m fairly confident though that no one is going to drop €100m on one player unless its spread out over multiple years to minimise the risk
Yeah of course, I’ve been arguing for us to push the boat out and spread the payments. United that is.

Nobody is positioned to do so more effectively than United, Abramovich has seen the opportunity. I hope we do.

It’s rough times but the rougher they are for the smaller clubs the better deals there will be for the more financially sound ‘bigger’ clubs.

Just a harsh fact of life, any situation like this poses a big threat to the mass majority but conversely presents opportunity for a small section.

Some people / business sectors have done very well out of COVID.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just like when we were going to spend £200m last summer. Transfer rumour journalists don't know anything about the finances of clubs.
Last year it was reported that we were only willing to spend a £100m net.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Last year it was reported that we were only willing to spend a £100m net.
A realistic guess at the time despite many expecting £200m+. I predict similar or less this window.

theklr

Think we might do something close to it with Sancho if we absolutely need to get him, just because of our massiv cheap credit line and cash. Might also be why we are seemingly the only ones really after him this time.

And there will be some long term income in getting him as well, in the form of media attention (sponsors),jersey sales, etc.

In some ways not having a lot of future
obligations could be advantageous as well.

Withnail

It certainly don't be 300m net.

If he's talking gross spend then it's about right as per our pre-covid spending levels over the past 4 years, although how the transfer market will go from now on is a huge unknown.

He just throws in that we could spend the whole lot this year if needed but that is unlikely and seems like pure speculation.

Devil may care

Well lets say he's not taking into account what we make back in sales and also including wages, Sancho alone on a 6 year contract is going to be £150M, then say £60M plus wages on a CM, and I think we could go for a CB in January is nobody really grabs the role of Maguires partner.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This makes me laugh. There is a massive waiting list for season tickets. They won’t release transfer rumours to UTDReport ffs.
it's not only massive. Every single season ticket holder can cancel their ticket. If Every single person on the waiting list buys a ticket, there are STILL 23,000 people on the waiting list.

The results might not be there, but the football brand Manchester United is as strong as ever

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's German. He's just trying to bump up the price for Sancho in order to help Dortmund.
Either that or He's just an honest person who kept in touch with Ed Woodward through honest hard work.
There is no way of knowing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it's not only massive. Every single season ticket holder can cancel their ticket. If Every single person on the waiting list buys a ticket, there are STILL 23,000 people on the waiting list.

The results might not be there, but the football brand Manchester United is as strong as ever
Where have you heard that 23k figure? And you reckon we in effect have 73k on there?
A lot of us season ticket holders have long believed the "waiting list" is a bit overhyped as last season was the easiest season to get tickets for in my time.

When i bought mine i remember people were.amazed..how did i get them etc. The truth? I simply rang up!

City tickets on a Sunday were offered up on redcafes ticket thread for goodness sake. That'd be unthinkable any other season.

georgipep

I agree with everything you wrote with one notable exception, the "we can easily sell" part. How would that work? For a player to be sold you need a buying club, a willing player and all of that wrapped around agreeable terms for all parties involved (including us as the selling club, and the player's agent). From the list above I can realistically see Rojo being sold this summer and maybe Jones but at a stretch. Lingard's future is unclear, at least to me and Pereira I'm inclined to believe will stay beyond this season.