Christian Falk: I have heard from my sources that United’s management is ready to invest 300 million euros to build a new team

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Christian Falk: The 300 million euros can also be spent during this summer – if the needed players are on the market, and if they can sell some players.

Woodward and Glazers probably see the upcoming window as a big opportunity if Falk's info is correct.

Last edited:

RRCE

As I asked in another thread, 300M over what period of time? We’re not spending that in one window, or likely even two.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure about that UtdReport account having exclusives they play fast and loose with secondary stories as it is.

Deery

Dreary
Not sure about that UtdReport account having exclusives they play fast and loose with secondary stories as it is.
It’s that guy Christian Falk not UtdReport but from the shite being spouted this past week I’d take it with a pinch of salt

prateik

Sancho + Havertz = 200m
Bellingham +VDB = 60m
Pay someone to take Sanchez = 40m

RRCE

How does a german source know this?
He doesn’t. It’s all second hand information, if not fabricated entirely. Even if United were trying to sell their ”plan” to various players / agents, they wouldn’t disclose to any of them what their transfer budget actually is. They’d talk about players and ambitions, and perhaps make general reference having the finances to match those ambitions. Anything beyond that is pure speculation.

RUCK4444

We don't have 300mn to spend in 3 windows let alone one. And would be stupid to do so in this environment
If a club can afford to spend that money then now is the absolute best time to spend.

It’s a buyers market, you spend when your money goes the furthest it can go.

One thing we can be sure of, football will return to normal, fans will flock in their masses to games and next time there will likely be a vaccine or some form of herd immunity.

Ive said for months and months that If a club can be brave enough and ride this wave whilst spending to gain the players they need (at reduced rates) then they will bridge a gap far quicker.

The playing field has been levelled. Abramovich has seen the opportunity.

SAF success has ensured that Nobody is better suited/prepared to make the most of this than United, if we are brave enough. I love him all the more for it.
In my eyes we are almost obligated to take that opportunity.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If a club can afford to spend that money then now is the absolute best time to spend.

Absolutely agree with this, if you have the money (and United out of all clubs are one of the most likely to have the ability to do it) now is the time to spend it. 300 million euros will you get you far more in this window than in any other future one. Also remember it doesn't necessarily mean that the 300 million is spent up front, the players can all be bought now with deals structured over seasons to come. Ther are plenty of clubs out there that would like a guaranteed income stream over the next 2-3 years from one biggish sale. I don't think this is far fetched at all.

Maybe it is time for Ed to finally prove that Man Utd "can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of"

Adnan

Talent Spotter

One thing we can be sure of, football will return to normal, fans will flock in their masses to games and next time there will likely be a vaccine or some form of herd immunity.

Ive said for months and months that If a club can be brave enough and ride this wave whilst spending to gain the players they need (at reduced rates) then they will bridge a gap far quicker.

The playing field has been levelled. Abramovich has seen the opportunity.

SAF success has ensured that Nobody is better suited/prepared to make the most of this than United, if we are brave enough. I love him all the more for it.
In my eyes we are almost obligated to take that opportunity.
I think this is what the Glazers could also be thinking potentially. It's a buyers market due to the current issues we all face and it could be seen as a real opportunity by the United hierarchy to take advantage.

There's a number of positions I'd like the club to strengthen. But if Christian Falk is correct and we're willing to push the boat out, then I'd love to see Sancho and Havertz signed.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The annual united have a massive war chest ready to spend news report. I guess it is June, even if the current season hasn't actually finished yet.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

I heard it from loads of sources...Jim at bar 120, Amel the Uber driver, Sally the stripper, Big George the coke dealer....looks like Woodward was out on the town wasted and letting his mouth run again.

Ekeke

I expect its more like :

£120 million this summer
£50 million in Jan
£100 million next summer

And thats the 300 million euros gone

Ekeke

The annual united have a massive war chest ready to spend new report. I guess it is June, even if the current season hasn't actually finished yet.
We've been preparing bids for a few years now, we're almost ready to use the war chest

Havak

Pokemon master
We might spend 300million euros over the next four windows, but we will probably recoup a significant portion of that back through player sales anyway, particularly if Pogba is one of the players to be sold. Even if we did keep Pogba for that period of time, it's highly likely that all of Sanchez, Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Andreas, Lingard, Mata, and Matic were moved on at a minimum over the next four transfer windows.

Point being, 300million euros spent over two calendar years is probably more like 100-150 net. We won't spunk it all in one as the right players "won't be available"...

RUCK4444

This particular report from Falk is most likely to make it all the more difficult for us to strike a deal with Dortmund, if they think we have plans to spend big.

Kostov

Would not be surprised if it is another Ed Woodward brief, but most likely a German journo trying to help Dortmund or Bayer more money for Sancho or Havertz.

-Supreme-

Pogba - £100m
Smalling - £15m
Lingard - £10m
Andreas - £15m
Jones - £5m
Henderson (with buy back clause) - £30m

Total sales - £175m

So we are talking about £125m net sales so it's not unrealistic at all

Baneofthegame

I expect its more like :

£120 million this summer
£50 million in Jan
£100 million next summer

And thats the 300 million euros gone
I assume we gave away the other 30 million for fun.

Highly doubt we spend anywhere near to 300 million in one window.

Classical Mechanic

It's the ideal time for massive investment really. Selling clubs weakened by the financial implications of Coivd and the lack of compeitiors in the transfer market. If you can do it you should.

cyberman

Makes sense if United think this summer is a walk for them. Only a handful of teams can spend so they must be getting offered top players left and right by clubs desperate for cash.
Strike before other clubs can readjust.