Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What's the point of a transfer window if you can secure transfers prior to it.

And if it's allowed then why are we waiting patiently for four weeks in January or 8 weeks in the summer.

They systems seems totally messed up to me.
You mean our approach is totally messed up.

As things stand, RB Lepizig are on their way out of the CL and, most likely, Europa. They've started badly in the league as well.

If you know for a fact Nkunku is leaving you, come January you would likely entertain options that see him leave earlier or, at least, get you the money to sign and start easing in a replacement earlier. Looks like their season will be shot regardless.

It makes sense to roll up your sleeves in advance of that very likely scenario.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
What's the point of a transfer window if you can secure transfers prior to it.

And if it's allowed then why are we waiting patiently for four weeks in January or 8 weeks in the summer.

They systems seems totally messed up to me.
You can agree transfers at any point. However you can't register players until the 2 windows, so that tends to be when deals are completed.

mu4c_20le

If he's a crock we can move our attention elsewhere. Why not do it as soon as you can?
It's a long time and the player could pick something up. Makes more sense if your completing the deal now and then loaning him back or letting him stay there.

MUnchies

If he's a crock we can move our attention elsewhere. Why not do it as soon as you can?
So does having a medical now for Chelsea mean they have to buy him next summer whatever the case? Even if he gets injured before the transfer.
Because I am sure you can't just go tell a club to have their player have a medical incase you want to buy him the next transfer window, right?

I am just confused how this works.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's a long time and the player could pick something up. Makes more sense if your completing the deal now and then loaning him back or letting him stay there.
We'll do another one before it's finally completed. Apart from the actual costs of the medical, what's the downside?

If the medical turned up a long term issue, best to know now.

TheReligion

Abusive
We'll do another one before it's finally completed. Apart from the actual costs of the medical, what's the downside?

If the medical turned up a long term issue, best to know now.
Looking ridiculous if another club steals in?

Honestly such a silly thing to announce. I’m not sure where it’s come from but I assume someone at Chelsea wants it to be heard. Why tell the whole world what your transfer plans are when the deal hasn’t even been secured? Even when you put the costs aside why let other teams have plenty of time to adjust their plans?

Keep whatever has been done and agreed quiet and crack on. Just seems like more Bertie Big Bollocks from Todd. Pointless.

Monks_United

French reporter now claiming that this was to do with a medical for an insurance. Much more likely than a player having a medical now for a potential transfer 10 months down the line in which case he could have any number of issues by then.

Also, fairly sure that a medical like that would be considered tapping up / breach of contract so no player would be stupid enough !

duffer

Scout

Honestly such a silly thing to announce. I’m not sure where it’s come from but I assume someone at Chelsea wants it to be heard. Why tell the whole world what your transfer plans are when the deal hasn’t even been secured? Even when you put the costs aside why let other teams have plenty of time to adjust their plans?

Keep whatever has been done and agreed quiet and crack on. Just seems like more Bertie Big Bollocks from Todd. Pointless.
It's not been announced anywhere as far I can tell, even if it is true.

Thiagoal

Very random why they’d bother doing a medical now! They’ll have to do another one in the summer surely before buying him! Never heard of one being done a year before the transfer!

duffer

Scout
Its been leaked by someone no? That’s how these things work?
If someone has a medical, there are tons of people involved not at either club.

I get why you want to point the finger at Boehly, everything tweeted by any old cnut, regarldess of how ridiculous it is, its true if it paints him in a bad light.

This is probably not even true.

TheReligion

Abusive

I get why you want to point the finger at Boehly, everything tweeted by any old cnut, regarldess of how ridiculous it is, its true if it paints him in a bad light.

Id usually give the benefit of the doubt but hardly be smooth under good stewardship thus far has it.

Feels like another of his great news ideas that he’s brought over from the US of A.

Medical time machines

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
French reporter now claiming that this was to do with a medical for an insurance. Much more likely than a player having a medical now for a potential transfer 10 months down the line in which case he could have any number of issues by then.

Also, fairly sure that a medical like that would be considered tapping up / breach of contract so no player would be stupid enough !
He has an affordable release clause, RB wouldn’t care as long as anyone meets it.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

What isnt? The medical story? It very likely is true, tbh

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Chelsea going crazy, but that could be a top signing for them. Strange he decides to move to them already now though

Jacob

Is it even Chelsea anymore? They have a full new XI practically.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

This

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Agreed that it'd be ridiculous to announce, but this leaked from Germany. Probably Leipzig want to drum up interest to see if anyone will go past the release clause.

Ekeke

I reckon an extra medical won't be too much of an issue.

We saw with the Fofana transfer the new owners seem super cautious with medicals. It's unusual but I really don't see a downside.
Regardless of the premature medical, I rate him highly and he's another player which should suit your 2 up front style you play at the moment. As much or more than Sterling and Havertz. And if needed he could play a bit deeper than that

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed that it'd be ridiculous to announce, but this leaked from Germany. Probably Leipzig want to drum up interest to see if anyone will go past the release clause.
Why would they go past it? The deal is probably more or less done

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
How has he been this season , Has he kept up them numbers?
Last year he scored 35 goals and had 20 assists from 52 matches total, which was of course a ludicrous level of performance. This year he hasn't quite matched that rate, with 6 goals and 1 assist from 11 matches.

So hasn't quite matched where he was before but definitely still been very productive - especially as Werner is back there so he's playing a bit deeper this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.