Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Would be a brilliant signing and versatile too! Hopefully Rangnick can use his contacts well with this one, €75m is a big outlay especially if we dash our budget if we don't get top 4.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Sancho Werner Havertz all had crazy numbere in Germany too

In the prem they struggled to get 10 G+A
Sancho and Havertz have time yet and are both starting to look the part. Werner always looked shite to me. Nkunku is technically a lot better.

Dolf

As good as he is, why would we buy him?
Do we really need another attacking mid? Or are we going to play him as a false 9 instead of playing a striker?
We have far too many positions that we need to improve to be buying Nkunku.

Depends on how munch we are looking to spend though.
Nkunku, Antony, a new CDM and a new CM would be perfect. But that’s probably 250 million euros.

Dazzmondo

If we were to get Nkunku, where do you reckon we would play him? Rw? He's been at his best in a front 2 this season imo. I suppose it depends on how narrow our new manager would want our wingers to play. If Sancho and Nkunku were playing more like inside forwards ala Mane/Diaz and Salah I could see Nkunku doing well but if the new managers wants the wingers to stay a bit wider I'm not sure that would suit Nkunku as much.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Given the potential outgoings in a few different positions, somebody that can cover 4 or 5 different positions would essential really. There's no way we cover every position in one transfer window. Plus he's exciting and would be great to add to our attack. Just add João Felix and we're back in business (subject to building a functional defence and midfield).

reddevilz007

Bruno has been terrible this season, a nightmare to watch.

maybe some competition will help him out.

sell rashford and martial, and get Nkunku.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly it would be incredible if you sign this guy

Need to upgrade on so many roles and positions, so of course the logical thing is to spend big on a player that fills the same role/position as your best player :lol:

romufc

I wonder what his best position is, our biggest point of concern is RW and why do I feel that is his least comfortable position?

We need a left footed RW really.

Becks00

The only way this makes sense is if he is being signed as a striker, if not as great as he is and he does look great, it would be a waste of resources. Signing a DM, CM and a left footed RW are far more important.

Jibbs

As I said, I want to see a front three of Sancho, Nkunku or Nunez and Raphinha or Antony. With Nkunku and Raphina my preference.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said it in another thread earlier. Nkunku, Antony, DM and a CM would be a great summer.
Wouldn’t be terrible but too many cooks in the team perhaps. Need a player who wants to finish shit first and foremost.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
City will buy a striker this summer, and wanted one last summer. But point taken, although the difference between both sides is clear.
Probably they will. But I’m firmly of the opinion that in the PL the era of the pure goalscorer CF is over.

Now we have false 9s or wide forwards as the dominant finishers.

We need creativity and intelligent movement into space in the final third. We have in Sancho and Fernandes two potentially world class creators I believe. So we do need a finisher but that could be from a wide area or centrally and they certainly can’t just be a goalscorer they have to add something else to the side in terms of work ethic and build up play.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Super player. His volume of play is phenomenal. Not just the numbers. He just works super hard.

antk

Sancho had better numbers.
Not really? His best season statistically (19/20), Sancho had 20G+20A in 44 matches while Nkunku is already at 27G+17A in 40 matches this season. All comps, transfermarkt stats.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Best to remember that he produces this number in Bundesliga where there is much more space and poorer opponents. Spending big on him would only mean another disappointment for you.

Mainoldo

I’ll have to watch him. Werner was tearing it up too. Now look. He was pretty dead in his game for France last week.

reddevilz007

Best to remember that he produces this number in Bundesliga where there is much more space and poorer opponents. Spending big on him would only mean another disappointment for you.
De Bruyne turned out fine.
Mane also.
Havertz too.

you have some good, you have some bad.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
De Bruyne turned out fine.
Mane also.
Havertz too.

you have some good, you have some bad.
Mané never played in Bundesliga. De Bruyne came from Premier League into the Bundesliga. And Havertz, the jury is still out, 6 league goals for a 100m € striker is nothing to brag about.

reddevilz007

Mané never played in Bundesliga. De Bruyne came from Premier League into the Bundesliga. And Havertz, the jury is still out, 6 league goals for a 100m € striker is nothing to brag about.
De Bruyne did nothing in his first PL stint, made his name in the Bundesliga.
My mistake. So Mane played in a even weaker league than Bundesliga.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
De Bruyne did nothing in his first PL stint, made his name in the Bundesliga.
Be it as it may, what will Nkunku cost? Upwards of 60m £? For that price you could probably get someone like Jarrod Bowen who has proven he can produce in a tougher environment and who also happens to actually play the position you need filling. Nkunku plays in Bruno's area who just renewed.

reddevilz007

Be it as it may, what will Nkunku cost? Upwards of 60m £? For that price you could probably get someone like Jarrod Bowen who has proven he can produce in a tougher environment and who also happens to actually play the position you need filling. Nkunku plays in Bruno's area who just renewed.
Being British and playing for West Ham, Bowen will be quoted just as much or even more.
Using your rhetoric, how many overpaid British players have failed at United recently?
Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka.

JuriM

Bowen would cost an arm an a leg and would fit into the probably gonna fail because of nationality category too well..

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
https://fbref.com/en/players/7c56da38/Christopher-Nkunku

His underlying stats are exactly what we need. Someone who receives the progressive passes 97th% and 94% for touches in the box, someone who finishes npxg 93% npg 99% and someone who can create 93% xA and 90% for shot creating actions.

But do tell me why he’s bound to be an abject failure anywhere else.

Edit: Compare him to forwards and it’s even more impressive!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
https://fbref.com/en/players/7c56da38/Christopher-Nkunku

His underlying stats are exactly what we need. Someone who receives the progressive passes 97th% and 94% for touches in the box, someone who finishes npxg 93% npg 99% and someone who can create 93% xA and 90% for shot creating actions.

But do tell me why he’s bound to be an abject failure anywhere else.

Edit: Compare him to forwards and it’s even more impressive!
Where the heck are you going to play him? We have so many positions to upgrade in the side, our priority shouldn’t be on signing a £60m+ no.10/second striker, a position where we’ve just given a brand new 240k contract to.

Status
Not open for further replies.