Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

Murtough is shite until there is evidence to suggest otherwise.
there is some evidence he isn't shite

he's made it to one of the biggest clubs in the world and been promoted to DoF, that's impressive whichever way you look at it

let's give the guy a chance, eh?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What a ridiculous way to view people. Especially when they have had very little time in their new role.

Shite until you show otherwise.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This isn’t his first job in football. He already has a track record and has impressed many people within the game, and undoubtedly knows more about Nkunku than you.

Apokalips

Murtough will know everything about Nkunku, because our French youth scout (Jerome Klein) was at PSG for 13 years working in their academy, and was part of the team that brought young Nkunku to PSG and developed him at the French club.
Don't let facts get in the way of "funny" anecdotes displaying how inept our SLT are and how the CEOs just purchase random players because of FM or something...

I am so tired of posters making these fake conversations they think happen at Board level and are soooo hilarious.

Giggsy13

This isn’t his first job in football. He already has a track record and has impressed many people within the game, and undoubtedly knows more about Nkunku than you.
Ohhh yes absolutely. What an incredible track record of trophies, astute signings and amazing contract management. Where would we be without him!?:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah he’s raw but he can worked on. He’ll be getting a better education than if we was buying him under Jose or Ole for instance.
After Awb, I'd rather we not work on technically poor players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
there is some evidence he isn't shite

he's made it to one of the biggest clubs in the world and been promoted to DoF, that's impressive whichever way you look at it

let's give the guy a chance, eh?
Naah, he is shit. He told you that already.
We don't look for logical thoughts when we hate someone.

Giggsy13

Funny, he says the same about you
:lol::lol: Oh and it hurts so much, but as not much as you brittle folks with any suggestion that Murtough may not be up for the job. The Murtough cult front and centre protecting their great leader.

Rolaholic

After Awb, I'd rather we not work on technically poor players.
Raw =/= technical ability

He came through the ranks as the biggest gem in PSG's academy, he's very very proficient in his technical ability.

Even more so than our own talisman Bruno.

He's one of the best dribblers in Europe with terrific passing/set piece ability to go with his finishing

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol::lol: Oh and it hurts so much, but as not much as you brittle folks with any suggestion that Murtough may not be up for the job. The Murtough cult front and centre protecting their great leader.
I don't really have an opinion on Murtogh yet, your statement was just amusing and nonsensical.

Judas

Open to offers
In terms of tedious made up cults, pretending theres a frenzy of Murtough fanboys is utterly baffling. Talk about being wildly over the top.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Calling people brittle and then accusing them of being in a cult, oh the irony.

Tarrou

you're either in a cult or you have an agenda, there is no middle ground

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Raw =/= technical ability

He came through the ranks as the biggest gem in PSG's academy, he's very very proficient in his technical ability.

Even more so than our own talisman Bruno.

He's one of the best dribblers in Europe with terrific passing/set piece ability to go with his finishing
Nunez not Nkuku. I think you are referring to the latter.

By all accounts Nkuku is someone everyone is after but due to Bruno we will miss out. Imagine he then out performs Bruno in the same league would be just the thing happen to us

L1nk

Murtough will know everything about Nkunku, because our French youth scout (Jerome Klein) was at PSG for 13 years working in their academy, and was part of the team that brought young Nkunku to PSG and developed him at the French club.
I’m sure Murtough knows about talented players that you will probably only start writing Redcafe posts on years from now.

L1nk

I think it's more likely that Ogden is talking out of his arse than this being the truth.
But when he broke the ETH close to United story a few days ago that was then followed by a load of journalists I bet he wasn't talking out of his ass right?

bucky

But when he broke the ETH close to United story a few days ago that was then followed by a load of journalists I bet he wasn't talking out of his ass right?
ETH has been close to being our new manager for a while. Not breaking news really.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don't let facts get in the way of "funny" anecdotes displaying how inept our SLT are and how the CEOs just purchase random players because of FM or something...

I am so tired of posters making these fake conversations they think happen at Board level and are soooo hilarious.
Tbh with you, Murtough could probably teach Rangnick about Nkunku via our French youth scout Jerome Klein who was part of PSG's academy in various roles for 13 years.

I think the problem here is that many fans don't understand the role of the DoF and the structure surrounding him. I've seen posters suggest that we may have too many football directors now and hence too many cooks/fingers in the pie. But it's absolutely normal at clubs to have football directors in various different roles from working solely at academy level to working at overseeing the whole process on the football side of the club. But it's one guy who calls the shots at the top of the chain who we refer to as the DoF, that we need to look at and not be confused by titles of people who are working under the DoF.

What experience does one need to be a DoF? And to answer that question, i'm gonna draw on the words of Dan Ashworth who stated that the role requires one to be experienced at running multiple football departments on the football side of the club. And does Murtough have that experience? And I think you'll find that he has that experience in abundance where he's overseen the development of players and coaches, made hiring and firing calls at youth level and the scouting department. He also led the strategy to form the club's data science department. Murtough is more experienced in a football director role than his Bayern, Liverpool counter parts before they were appointed in their current roles. If people want to look at experience, then Murtough has more experience than most at the top clubs before they were appointed football directors. Murtough has got this role due to excelling in his role way before he arrived at United. I don't know if he'll be a success but I do know he has the experience of being a football director, as outlined by the criteria set by Dan Ashworth.

We had a scout working for us called Mark Anderson who left in 2020 (London area). And before he joined us he worked at both Brighton and Liverpool (pre Klopp). And he said that the best setup out of the 3 was at Brighton because at United and Liverpool things got a bit murky outside of the youth side of the club, but at Brighton the recruitment team was influential at first team level.

It's clear to me what Anderson is saying, and that is that the scouting departments weren't as influential at Liverpool and United and the first team manager had control via his own recruitment staff that he worked with independently. At Brighton they have a DoF model.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ogden is not a well connected source, if Ornstein or Ducker say this then we should start feeling concerned.
We should already be concerned given the best RB that lot could musta after compiling a list of over 800 players was AWB and we let Hakimi go to Inter for not a large fee.

I would not be suprised at all if Nkuku wasn’t on the clubs radar when Rangnick arrived. Hes wasn’t at the time an obvious name if you’re scouting department isn’t great.

Cassidy

A shrewd club would move Bruno on for a fat fee and get Nkuku in for him, but we'll stick with the former on a newly signed fat contract and watch Nkuku become a star at another club.
A shrewed club would keep Bruno and still sign him

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
A shrewd club would move Bruno on for a fat fee and get Nkuku in for him, but we'll stick with the former on a newly signed fat contract and watch Nkuku become a star at another club.
A shrewd club would sell Rashford and Martial and keep Bruno while adding whatever other energetic and productive attackers we want. Our attack is scandalously bad and lazy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We should already be concerned given the best RB that lot could musta after compiling a list of over 800 players was AWB and we let Hakimi go to Inter for not a large fee.

I would not be suprised at all if Nkuku wasn’t on the clubs radar when Rangnick arrived. Hes wasn’t at the time an obvious name if you’re scouting department isn’t great.
Well yeah, there’s plenty of other things to be annoyed about, but there’s no point us getting annoyed over a scenario we’ve got no way of proving or disproving.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We are most certainly not in a position where we're able to move on our best players and gamble on new signings bedding in immediately.

Cassidy

Well yeah, there’s plenty of other things to be annoyed about, but there’s no point us getting annoyed over a scenario we’ve got no way of proving or disproving.
I think its clear the scouting department at the club is not up to sctrach to be perfectly honest.

I mean Alex Telles? Really?

Ace of Spades

Not really, the scouts can only give their reports, they don't make the decisions on who to buy.

And Nkunku not being a priority is not that weird as we have many other positions to fill that take priority over this.

Ace of Spades

I think its clear the scouting department at the club is not up to sctrach to be perfectly honest.

I mean Alex Telles? Really?
No , it is not clear and Telles is a fine back up, not his fault that Shaw has been trash this year.

Cassidy

Not really, the scouts can only give their reports, they don't make the decisions on who to buy.

And Nkunku not being a priority is not that weird as we have many other positions to fill that take priority over this.
We actually do not. An attacking midfield player who can cover every front 4 position is exactly the type of player we need right now

Cassidy

No , it is not clear and Telles is a fine back up, not his fault that Shaw has been trash this year.
A fine back up he is not. We signed him also knowing the issues with Shaw. For the money we should have signed a younger LB who could properly challenge Shaw for his position. He is now deadwood

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
you arent moving on someone who has that high goal and assist ratio just because you are upset that he is a moany bastard and is part of a dysfunctional team right now

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tbh with you, Murtough could probably teach Rangnick about Nkunku via our French youth scout Jerome Klein who was part of PSG's academy in various roles for 13 years.

I think the problem here is that many fans don't understand the role of the DoF and the structure surrounding him. I've seen posters suggest that we may have too many football directors now and hence too many cooks/fingers in the pie. But it's absolutely normal at clubs to have football directors in various different roles from working solely at academy level to working at overseeing the whole process on the football side of the club. But it's one guy who calls the shots at the top of the chain who we refer to as the DoF, that we need to look at and not be confused by titles of people who are working under the DoF.

What experience does one need to be a DoF? And to answer that question, i'm gonna draw on the words of Dan Ashworth who stated that the role requires one to be experienced at running multiple football departments on the football side of the club. And does Murtough have that experience? And I think you'll find that he has that experience in abundance where he's overseen the development of players and coaches, made hiring and firing calls at youth level and the scouting department. He also led the strategy to form the club's data science department. Murtough is more experienced in a football director role than his Bayern, Liverpool counter parts before they were appointed in their current roles. If people want to look at experience, then Murtough has more experience than most at the top clubs before they were appointed football directors. Murtough has got this role due to excelling in his role way before he arrived at United. I don't know if he'll be a success but I do know he has the experience of being a football director, as outlined by the criteria set by Dan Ashworth.

We had a scout working for us called Mark Anderson who left in 2020 (London area). And before he joined us he worked at both Brighton and Liverpool (pre Klopp). And he said that the best setup out of the 3 was at Brighton because at United and Liverpool things got a bit murky outside of the youth side of the club, but at Brighton the recruitment team was influential at first team level.

It's clear to me what Anderson is saying, and that is that the scouting departments weren't as influential at Liverpool and United and the first team manager had control via his own recruitment staff that he worked with independently. At Brighton they have a DoF model.
Exactly while there is no guarantee that Murtough will be a success, the only reason he hasn't been a DOF sooner is that he is english and has worked with english clubs.

Ace of Spades

A fine back up he is not. We signed him also knowing the issues with Shaw. For the money we should have signed a younger LB who could properly challenge Shaw for his position. He is now deadwood
No, he is fine and no, we did not need a younger LB who would rot on the bench and then be garbage when called for a game or two, we needed a solid experienced back up, which is what he is.

He is not deadwood, the bigger problem is Shaw right now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I did watch the YouTube video where Ogden made that claim. And what Ogden said was that he had heard that was the case. And Ogden has said a lot wrong since the sacking of Moyes.

We have two scouts who cover Germany (Thomas Bormann & Andreas Hermann) and Bormann is a very experienced scout. Bormann is the same scout that was appointed at Hoffenheim by Rangnick. And Murtough brought him over to United in 2016. I have no doubt they'll be watching Nkunku because as I've mentioned, scouts like Bormann are top level scouts, and they don't miss tap in opportunities like scouting the excellent emerging talent of Nkunku.

And we also also have Jerome Klein at the club who was part of the PSG academy for 13 years and oversaw the development of Nkunku. So not only will we have information on the players ability but we'll potentially also know what his favourite foods and video games are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.