Other Chromecast

Andy_Cole

It let's you watch streams of skysports, BT sport and so on.

Not sure if I can post the link but if you search for "sportsdevil for plex" in Google you will find it, 3rd down, its a reddit link.

I have installed it and found sky sports , BT sports, ESPN, being and many more but the menus are confusing and poorly laid out. Hopefully I will get used to it or find a better plug in.

Have you installed the unsupported app store, I can find much working in it.
Literally just use plex for all my media. Don't really use the plugins as they weren't great when I first got plex. May experiment and give it another go.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can I send a video from MX Player on my Android phone to a TV if I have a Chromecast, or is it limited to mirroring certain apps?

b82REZ

Try clearing the app data and trying again
Tried, I get the lists but when I click the video quality it black screens. Happened just after the latest update so was wondering if they've fecked it up.

nooshka

So can i stream films, that i've downloaded onto my mac, on to the TV through this? The reason i ask is some films i stream through playstation media player have the Cinavia thing and stop playing sound after 30 minutes or so.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I bought a chrome cast a few months back I thought it was a bit shit but yesterday I installed Plex on my PC, tablet and phone.

I cannot recommend Plex highly enough, all the media content I have on my PC I can access anywhere in the house, stream films, TV shows, music and live TV to any chrome cast connected TV or device on the same wifi network.

Whoever mentioned Plex on here somewhere, thanks, can't remember who.
Is it your own media server? Does the chromecast connect to your server with wifi or does it connect to the server via the internet? Can you connect them with wifi if not? (would be faster right?)

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Is it your own media server? Does the chromecast connect to your server with wifi or does it connect to the server via the internet? Can you connect them with wifi if not? (would be faster right?)
No idea what you're asking. However. I have my laptop, I have my chromecast. On plex there is a cast button. I press this. Bingo. This is all on wifi.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
I just got a chromecast and was under the impression from guy in the shop that i can easily use my phones internet to watch movies n football through the chromecast. We cant get broadband hardwired here so we rely on phone for internet. But im trying to set the thing up and it wont let me.

What am i doing wrong?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I just got a chromecast and was under the impression from guy in the shop that i can easily use my phones internet to watch movies n football through the chromecast. We cant get broadband hardwired here so we rely on phone for internet. But im trying to set the thing up and it wont let me.

What am i doing wrong?
dunno its straight forward - plug it in - scan for it with your phone and follow the instructions

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
dunno its straight forward - plug it in - scan for it with your phone and follow the instructions
Yeah i turn wifi on phone and it recognises the chromecast, then when i get to network i type in my phones network name but it tries connecting to it, but coz the tethering/portable hotspot cant run at same time as wifi it cant connect.

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
You need to set your phone as a hotspot and connected you Chromecast and another device you want to broadcast from. You will be using your phone as a WiFi router.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Yeah figured it out using another phone to act as a router, then once setup I can now use my phonesphones internet connection to stream directly to chromecast without the other phone.

Now is there an app that i can get fir android that lets me cast showbox and mobdro without mirroring?

Edgio

Yeah figured it out using another phone to act as a router, then once setup I can now use my phonesphones internet connection to stream directly to chromecast without the other phone.

Now is there an app that i can get fir android that lets me cast showbox and mobdro without mirroring?
Pretty sure Mobdro has Chromecast support built in, though it's pretty shite. I use Localcast for casting all the other apps like Showbox etc.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
A question, if anyone knows, about playing material from PC onto (non-smart) TV with Chromecast. If they are all on same network, do I have to actually play video/music files on PC for them to be played on TV as well? Or can browse files, and play only on TV? If it's former, not much use to me. Also, can Ace-player be installed on it?

diarm

A question, if anyone knows, about playing material from PC onto (non-smart) TV with Chromecast. If they are all on same network, do I have to actually play video/music files on PC for them to be played on TV as well? Or can browse files, and play only on TV? If it's former, not much use to me. Also, can Ace-player be installed on it?
You should be able to open a chrome window in a second window via chromecast. I don't use Windows so not sure the exact steps but this should take you through it:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.add...as-a-second-monitor-using-the-chromecast/amp/

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Cheers. Also learned that it might be able to do things as I like with something called plex media server. Which I heard about, but never actually seen it in action.

prateik

There are chrome apps like videostream that will take up a tab on your chrome and will stream to the chromecast tv. It wont play on your device. Just that tab will show a thumbnail and a seekbar with pause play buttons.

I would recommend Plex. The free should be good enough. its great.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mine was working like a dream but now keeps saying 'no devices found' on my Macbook when trying to send the page to it. The first time this happened I rebooted the router and it worked ok. The next time that didn't work, and I had to factory reset the Chromecast, which is a pain in the arse. Just done it again a day later.
Hate when technology doesn't just work.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Mine was working like a dream but now keeps saying 'no devices found' on my Macbook when trying to send the page to it. The first time this happened I rebooted the router and it worked ok. The next time that didn't work, and I had to factory reset the Chromecast, which is a pain in the arse. Just done it again a day later.
Hate when technology doesn't just work.
Time to ditch the MacBook I'd say. You can do better. Life s too short.