City’s Title Run

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If you want to play the "if United won the games they didn't" card surely it's only fair that the same is done for City to balance it out no?

That's the thing that people often miss with if buts and maybe's, it works both ways. The reality is City are where they are because they are miles better than everyone else.
I agree. Leicester can also say "if we had won XYZ games" we'd be in a title race. Yeah, well you aren't good enough to be that consistent and hence you're not really in it. Same with us, our missteps are as much a part of this team as our good runs are.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If you want to play the "if United won the games they didn't" card surely it's only fair that the same is done for City to balance it out no?

That's the thing that people often miss with if buts and maybe's, it works both ways. The reality is City are where they are because they are miles better than everyone else.
it wasnt me that was making that point though, I was actually pointing out more games than the chap I replied to mentioned

Last edited:

Brightonian

I believe that's fairly innocuous looking fixture list for title run in even if City was just 5 or 6 points ahead of us let alone 11 points.
Well they're miles ahead of everyone at the moment, so on paper every fixture should be a win for them. But the three opponents capable of giving them a hard time at the moment are us, Leicester and Chelsea. We've just beaten them, so he/she's not wrong to suggest that if we were closer we would be looking at the Leicester and Chelsea games as useful ones.